Dedicated Network Administrator with excellent communication skills, technical aptitude, and troubleshooting ability
TCP/IP and IP Networking Protocols
Configuration for Cisco routers and switches
Transmission (DS1/DS3/SONET), Switching (circuit - switching/SS7) and TCP/IP (routers/higher-layer protocols
Layer 1 transport and test equipment
Unix shell scripting
Unified Messaging Services
Technical documentation and resolution
Excellent Verbal and Written Communication
World-Class Customer Support
- Worked in many capacities including new hire trainer and manager, tier 1 technical support, and NOC Engineer.
- Provides superior technical support and resolution to customers, vendors, and ILEC. Makes configuration changes to DS1, DS3, EFM, and T1 circuits.
- Utilizes extensive knowledge and troubleshooting skills for Layer 1 Transport, TCP Protocol Stack, IP connectivity, bridge taps, load coils, smart jacks.
- Experience with VOIP, Cloud Servers, Cloud PBX, data backup, anti-viral software, HME, and Internet connectivity for small business.
- Effectively works on a team and on an individual basis to find creative solutions.
- Uses excellent verbal and written skills to explain complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Achieved over 50 promoters in 6 months, earned the TSAT MVP June 2012, and consistently displays a positive work ethic and commitment to quickly mastering new technology.
IT Service Desk Representative
- Provided Tier 1 technical support during critical events (network outages) and on a regular basis for internal staff, collaborated with multiple departments to clarify and resolve technical issues in a timely manner, utilized CSG, Netezza, Putty, SQL, Oracle, Excel, Unix, Remote Access, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, OWA, and VMWare, triaged high-severity incidents up to four times a night, used precise ticketing and documentation with HPOV, responded to over 200 service requests, including in person, email, and phone.
- Managed teams of 10 or more employees on a daily basis, took on a technical role repairing and troubleshooting PC and Peripherals, operated and maintained specialized printing equipment, AS/400 databases, provided superior customer service for over 300 customers daily, trained employees on company standards, current technology and operating systems, reviewed daily metrics and sales goals to exceed company standards and store operations.
- Management role included training and overseeing small teams in a fast-paced detail oriented environment.
- Oversaw training of new employees and store openings.