To build a long - term career in network engineering with opportunities for career growth. My career has set me down a diverse path of infrastructure, networking, storage and system engineering, with a healthy dose of automation and monitoring. I enjoy researching network hardware, network security, and large scale deployments.
DC Support Technician
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Confidential ’s newest employees.
- Move crash carts around and report what’s on the screen to the remote customer, as well as what to do with said information.
- Process parts returns and restocking.
Sr. Datacenter Technician
- Provide onsite tier 1 network troubleshooting for Quincy.
- Deploy / decommission / break/fix Cisco TORs and Confidential Poweredge servers.
- Perform initial configuration for a broad array of enterprise appliances and network devices.
- Trained junior techs to use OOB MGMT instead of crash carting every server, allowing techs to work multiple tickets at one time from their desk instead of walking between servers all day.
Senior datacenter Technician
- Provide smart hands support for remote network engineers, systems engineers, and end customers.
Software development engineer
- Develop and deploy C++, Perl, HTML, PHP, and SQL code within a Subversion (SVN) repository for the Nation Weather Service.
- Installed racks and troubleshot TORs that did not build correctly with switch builder.
- Deployed ONS 15454 DWDM chassis for inter-AZ communication.
- Developed climate monitoring software that scraped ambient temperature from IPMI/DRAC/ILO to display a 3D model of datacenter temps using mostly Perl and MySQL.
- Deskside support and deployment for a large education network with a focus on unjamming printers.