I am an Asset Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Client Focal with primary responsibility for all aspects of hardware and software asset management and tracking. These responsibilities include: asset reporting to management and customers, asset tracking, asset verification and asset management skills training. I am an effective communicator with proven ability to work collaborativelyidentify and correct problems quickly and meet management & customer needs in an ever - changing IT environment.
Skills: Agile, Microsoft Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Word, Macros, Star Basic, Visual Basic, Cobol74, ANSI C, ALGOL, Open Office Calc, Open Office Impress, Open Office Writer, TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, Telnet, SSH, SFTP, FTP, Putty, VI, SAS, SAN, NAS, SCSI
WORK EXPERIENCE:Technical Support Specialist
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- my responsibilities include all aspects of hardware and software asset reporting to management and the customer including, but not limited to current asset statistics, asset trending, asset forecasting, changes in current asset levels and software license posture and reporting.
- I am responsible for asset tracking and verification;
- I supervise Book to Floor and Floor to Book audits;
- I produce certify and publish all audit reports.
- I am responsible for maintenance and distribution of all procedures and documentation related to asset management.
Technical Support Specialist
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Responsibilities include Confidential 3rd level support for operating systems; hardware; storage administration; COMS online transaction processing environment; data communications,
- Unisys MQ administration and general customer/IT.
- Analyze reported hardware and software problems in development, test and production environments;
- Read and analyze system logs, memory dumps, software logs, etc. to determine what caused a reported problem;
- Analyze system performance and report on system CPU, storage and bandwidth capacity shortfalls where detected;
- Analyze system security and security procedures;
- Report any security weakness and recommend ways to improve security
- Responsible for conducting meetings between Unisys, EMC and Confidential .
- These meetings are used to discuss past problems with Confidential ’s computing environments, plan proactive changes to prevent future problems, etc.
Systems Technical Analyst
Confidential, Culpeper, VA
- Analyze reported hardware and software problems in PAC and production environments.
- Read system logs, memory dumps, software logs, analyze incoming messages and data, etc. to determine what caused the reported problem.
- Review in-house code and report the suspected source of the problem to software development.
- Analyze system performance and report on system CPU, storage and bandwidth capacity shortfalls where detected. Analyze system security and security procedures.
- Report any security weakness and recommend ways to improve security. Maintain or write new diagnostic tools and utility programs to make system analysis easier.
- Maintain production WFL programs as needed.
- Prepare presentations on in-house software release contents.
- Conduct meetings where such presentations are made.
- Review in-house software design documents to: become familiar with new or changed software features; look for potential problems at the design level. Comment on design content as appropriate. Become familiar with any and all planned software changes.
- Review and amend implementation instructions. Offer informed support to the operations staff during planned weekend configuration changes.