- A lawyer with a broad experience in business transactions, contracts, real estate, construction, telecommunication, energy, oil and gas, mergers and acquisitions, and advising overseas clients on doing business in Kazakhstan.
- Supported real estate, construction, telecommunication, oil and gas, and energy acquisitions and transactions in Kazakhstan.
- Brings thirteen years of legal experience in a wide variety of commercial law areas.
- Maintains strong professional relationships
- Proactive person
- High level of integrity
- Good interpersonal and social communication skills
Confidential, Baltimore, MDAssociate
- Facilitated trial preparation.
- Prepared Settlement Agreements and Releases.
- Prepared pleadings, i.e., Complaints, Third - Party Complaints, Cross Claims, Motions, Stipulations, etc.
- Prepared discovery and respond to discovery.
- Prepared Authorizations.
- Procured records through MCS/prepare subpoena notices and FOIA requests.
- Reviewed and analyzed records, expert reports, deposition transcripts and prepare summary.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Pro Bono Intern
- Researched SSI / SSDI benefit procedures.
- Participated in intake at client clinics.
- Analyzed information/records on physical and mental disabilities of clients.
- Provided legal advice and support for clients, including foreign clients, on legal issues for real estate, construction, telecommunication, transportation, oil and gas, and energy projects.
- Prepared due diligence and legal memoranda (in English and Russian).
- Drafted various contracts including sale-purchase, lease, construction contracts (EPC contracts), pledge, supply, distribution, and other types of commercial contracts (in English and Russian).
- Prepared due diligence, legal memoranda on merger and acquisition deals and transactions.
- Liaised with governmental authorities on merger and acquisition deals and transactions.
- Obtained approvals and permits for oil and mining companies, investment companies (antitrust regulation).
- Drafted in corporation and constituent documents (in English, Russian, and Kazakh).
- Provided legal support on legal issues of the company.
- Drafted various types of commercial contracts, including sale-purchase, lease, construction, supply, and distribution contracts (in English and Russian).
- Reviewed and analyzed contract terms and conditions executed with vendors.
- Participated in bidding procedures and prepared bidding documents.
- Negotiated with vendors on contract terms.
- Provided cost analysis.
- Handled incoming calls and e-mail correspondence.
- Supported and maintained office administration.
- Provided administrative support to a manager, including scheduling meetings, travels, and reservations.
- Performed document keeping and record.
- Organized and arranged cultural activities and social events.
- Translated documents (Russian-English-Russian).