Accomplished and results - driven professional with successful track record leading factory operations management and optimizing supply chains. Experienced in all facets of manufacturing, team management, optimizing warehouse and distribution operations, and improving logistics, shipping, and receiving processes. Outstanding leadership, communication, strategic, and problem-solving skills.
PROVEN EXPERTISE IN:
Production Line Management
Repetitive Flexible Supply (RFS)
Logistics & Import/Export
Warehouse & Distribution
Warehouse Operating Systems
Confidential, Delaware, OH
Operations and Supply Chain Manager
- Directed all aspects of operations and supply chain management for leading manufacturer and supplier of absorbent hygiene products.
- Led day-to-day plant operations, industrial equipment fleet maintenance, staff management and training, vendor management, logistics, finished goods and raw materials shipping and receiving, warehouse, and distribution.
- Developed and implemented initiatives that delivered improved production and performance.
- Monitored and reported metrics, including OTIF, case and order fill rates, and detention time.
- Played key role as strategic member of leadership team, maintained cost controls by managing approvals of purchase orders for all plant departments, and held responsibility for department capital expenditures.
- Achieved 25% reduction in shipping and manufacturing costs by instituting cost control measures.
- Spearheaded implementation of vendor management initiative that consolidated sourcing to single source vendor instead of multiple vendors.
- Achieved improvement in Manufacturing and Warehouse operations by implementing Oracle ERP system and led management of team transition to third party logistics warehouse.
- Implemented use of external warehouse for distributing raw materials to production facility.
- Spearheaded manufacturing and warehouse initiatives that achieved 10% reduction in waste and 25% reduction in truck detention time.
Manufacturing Manager Site Leader
- Headed management of high-speed diaper manufacturing facility, including overall equipment effectiveness, safety, quality, and team management.
- Played key role as strategic member of leadership team, oversaw capital expenditure improvements, managed cost controls, led staff management and training, and provided professional development for front line leaders.
- Directed implementation of company initiatives.
- Achieved 5% increase in overall equipment effectiveness, operated 1,256 days without a recordable incident, and achieved 10% reduction in non-conforming product.
- Achieved 25% reduction in manufacturing costs by overseeing cost control measures.
- Headed implementation of Daily Team Maintenance initiative that achieved 60% reduction in number one cause of stops and downtime.
Confidential, Delaware, OH
Line Pair Manager
- Managed manufacturing process for diaper manufacturer.
- Maintained quality standards, developed and implemented work instructions and process controls, created documentation and reports, monitored production activity, and assigned work.
- Ensured adherence to safety practices and manufacturing performance standards.
- Created and delivered team training using computer aided training courses for Skill Based Training Program developed in collaboration with Skillsoft.
- Instituted installation of Manhattan 2010 WMOS and training of subject matter experts.