- Seeking a challenging career with a progressive organization that offers an opportunity to utilize my technical skills and abilities in the field of industrial plant commissioning, operation, training, and maintenance.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Safe operation of process unit and equipment
- DCS/HMI interfacing and operation
- Teaching, mentoring, and coaching of operating personnel
- Commissioning of EPC projects
- Writing manuals and procedures
- Preventive maintenance of process equipment
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro & MS Project
Sr. PPL Commissioning Technician
- Report to commissioning manager of liquefied natural gas (LNG) pre - treatment facility (PTF) and process superintendent.
- Prepare the systems and subsystems for pre-commissioning by securing safe permit to work (PTW), lockout tagout (LOTO), Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), and Job Hazard Environmental Analysis (JHEA).
- Execute pre-commissioning activities of air blowing, mechanical cleaning, and chemical cleaning of piping and equipment as per approved procedure and marked up P&ID.
- Coordinate with client regarding the inspection of piping and equipment prior to boxing up and/or reinstatement. Proceed to do the leak test, drying and air freeing of the system and subsystem as per procedure.
- Preserve the system and subsystem by keeping a slight positive pressure of nitrogen gas. Re-assign in the central control room to take the post of DCS commissioning operator to support the start-up and operation of the pre-treatment facility (PTF). Coordinate with instrument technician in loop testing of field and DCS equipment and instruments.
- Report to Honeywell Engineers and Technicians regarding errors in DCS displays and faceplates. Make advance reporting to process superintendent regarding potential process upset and equipment abnormalities. Successfully completed the start-up, performance guarantee test of Train 1 and Train 2 and leading to commercial operation of the LNG pretreatment facility.
- Report to brownfield commissioning manager in LNG Terminal. Take ownership of assigned systems and subsystems in new BOG Compression system, piping tie-ins from Jetty to LNG storage, fuel gas to regasification facility and flare. Write the pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures of assigned subsystems.
- Secure PTW, LOTO, JHA and JHEA prior to execution of air blowing, mechanical cleaning and chemical cleaning of piping and equipment as per approved procedure and marked-up P&ID. Execute and complete the pre-commissioning activities as per schedule and prepare the subsystems for tightness test, drying and inerting.
- Preserve the system upon completion of commissioning activities by using slight positive pressure of nitrogen until cooldown. Designated to take the commissioning lead role due to absence of commissioning manager. Completed all subsystems in brownfield and ready for start-up mode.
- Re-assign in greenfield to support the pre-commissioning and commissioning of NGL units and LNG Train 1 product pumps. Executed and completed the pre-commissioning and commissioning of NGL units and LNG product pumps. Prepared and completed the cooldown of LNG product pumps, related piping, and flash drums.
Training Materials Coordinator
- Reporting to Training & Competency Manager. Write and develop training modules for operation of utilities, offsite, process unit and pipeline operation and maintenance.
- Coordinate with operating personnel in the oil refinery regarding training needs and evaluation.
- Develop tools for assessment of operating personnel and in line with the company’s competency assurance and management system (CAMS).
- Review and updating of operator’s knowledge and skills.
Training Module Developer/Instructor
- Reporting to school unit supervisor.
- Write and develop training modules for operation of utilities and offsite in the oil refinery.
- Conduct classroom training in the operation and maintenance of equipment in utilities and offsite.
- Coordinate with utilities supervisor and manager in the review of training needs.
- Reporting to commissioning superintendent and commissioning manager.
- Write and develop commissioning test plant (CTP’s) of systems and subsystems in the OSBL and ISBL of the LNG facility.
- Carry out air blowing, mechanical cleaning and chemical cleaning of process piping and vessels.
- Coordinate with control room operators in the execution of commissioning and start-up of process equipment.
Utilities Area Manager
- Reporting to O&M Director. Manage the day to day operation and maintenance of all units in the hot and cold utilities.
- Review and update training needs of operators.
- Write and develop detailed criteria for the assessment of operator’s knowledge, skills, and work attitudes.
- Prepare shutdown plan and re-start-up of utilities after completion of plant turnaround.
- Presentation of safety initiatives and cost cutting in utilities operation and maintenance.
- Reporting to commissioning supervisor and superintendent. Take ownership of assigned systems and subsystems in utilities, liquefaction, and storage facility of the liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant.
- Execute the pre-commissioning activities of air blowing, mechanical cleaning, and chemical cleaning of piping and vessels as per approved procedures.
- Coordinate with client to witness and signed off document as per acceptance criteria. Prepare and execute the commissioning activities of leak test, drying and air freeing of systems and subsystems.
- Preserve the systems and subsystems at a slight positive pressure using nitrogen gas until RFSU.
- Reporting to utilities manager. Perform pre-commissioning and commissioning activities of all units in hot and cold utilities in coordination with EPC contractor.
- Designated as Utilities Shift Foreman during the start-up and operational phase of hot and cold utilities.
- Troubleshooting of operational upset and normalize continuous operation of utilities to support the steam, power, air, water, and chemical requirement of the oil refinery.
Technical Writer/Training Instructor
- Reporting to training manager. Write and develop training modules of all units in hot and cold utilities, and offsite in the oil refinery.
- Conduct formal classroom training and demonstrate in the field. Assess, evaluate, and report progress of trainees.
- Supervise the classroom training conducted by cascade trainers.
- Reporting to operation manager. Assigned in local and overseas EPC projects to perform pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up, and operation of utilities and process units in the nickel ore processing plant, aromatics plant, and gas processing plant. Provide operational training support to operators of client.
- Reporting to training manager. Conduct formal classroom training and demonstrate to trainees the polyethylene plant cold start-up, steady operation, process upset troubleshooting and safe shutdown using operators training simulator (OTS). Assess, evaluate, and report progress of trainees.
- Provide support to operation in the commissioning, start-up, and day to day operation of the HDPE/LDPE 2 Trains polyethylene plant.
- Reporting to division manager and shift manager. Manage the operation of the polyvinyl chloride (PVC) calendaring to produce flexible films and sheets.
- Operate the PVC calendaring panel in times of manpower shortage and emergencies.
- Responsible for the profit and loss of the PVC calendaring plant. Provide training to operators in the safe and efficient operation of the process equipment.
- Reporting to department head. Supervise the operation of the spinning, take-up, and denier inspection area to produce high quality nylon filament yarn.
- Perform start-up and set-up speed of polymer extruders to control the denier grade of the synthetic yarn.
- Coordinate with polymer department and utilities in the start-up and shutdown of the plant.