A seasoned Electronic Technician with over 10 years of experience looking to secure a position where I can utilize my skills and experience and where hard work and a good attitude lead to advancement.
- Identification of safety and health hazards present on site, safe work practices to minimize risks from hazards, use of personal protective equipment, respirator selection, use and maintenance, decontamination procedures, medical surveillance requirements, toxicology overview, site safety plan requirements, confined space entry procedures, spill containment tactics, products, and methods
- Excavation related math skills, field determination of soil texture, recognition of contours and elevations, study of operator manual, routine maintenance, fueling, use of a laser transit to set grades, field staking
- Excavation competent person training
- Excellent Customer Service skills & Fully bilingual in English & Spanish Use analytical thinking, critical reading, and mathematics to solve problems and document details.
- Comfortable with Windows based tools.
- Competenet with MS Office tool suite, including Outlook and Power Point, and possess more than working knowledge of Excel.
- Understand and analyze basic DC & AC circuits.
- Determine voltage, current, resistance, and power by calculations and measurements.
- Design a prototype, test and troubleshoot basic DC and analog circuits in a lab.
- Identify basic electronic components and their schematic symbols.
- Understand proper soldering techniques.
- Work observing safety practices and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and repair faulted systems.
- Understanding of computer networking principles and practices.
- Assemble and test the operation of a simple computer network
- Through - hole soldering and surface mount soldering
- Through-hole components and SMT component removal.
- Through-hole component placement, through-hole component damage criteria, through-hole solder criteria, wire soldering, SMT solder criteria and SMT component damage criteria.
- Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams and technical specifications, as it pertains to products.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization.
- Full and demonstrable knowledge of typical conductor termination methods.
- Full and demonstrable knowledge of electrical safety issues, generally and as they apply to a laboratory setting.
- Able to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and electronic schematics.
- Troubleshooting to the component level in electrical as well as electronic systems.
- Skilled at assembly, modification and re-work of circuit boards.
- Skilled at assemling prototype electronic breadboards.
- Skilled in the use of electronic instrumentation such as various meters, oscilloscopes, probes and amplifiers, signal generators and other tools of the trade.
- Skilled using basic shop tools such as drill press, grinders, saws and a wide variety of hand tools.
- Responsible for helping to maintain an orderly and safe laboratory.
- Understand that neatness counts when executing project tasks.
- Critical thinker and fearless in the willingness to adapt to or create new ideas in order to contribute in an innovative environment.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- Independently tests, repairs and modifies field - failed system parts and sub-assemblies to restore both proper operation and compliance to performance specifications
- Owns the quality and performance of assigned system parts and subassemblies
- Interfaces with Repair Support Engineering, Materials Team, and Test Equipment group in the execution of day-today duties to ensure optimal cost, quality and delivery of repaired parts
- Utilizes initiative and independent judgment in the performance of daily work tasks
- Performs visual inspection and advanced troubleshooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution to the component level.
- Conducts bench diagnostic tests as required to draw conclusions
- Performs software and hardware evaluation and executes test procedures using knowledge of board function, subsystem operation, and advanced test equipment
- Independently works to improve work processes (L6S), test procedures, and part quality
- Reads, interprets and comprehends technical documentation such as electrical schematic diagrams, test procedures, system block diagrams and service documentation
- Develops and executes training plans as required. Trains other team members through technical communications and/or presentations.
- Provides strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals and objectives.
- Provides technical leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and seeking appropriate support
- Provides evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership in the development of new repair documentation
- Serves as the repair expert on assigned repairs by providing feedback to Repair Support Engineers as new repairs are developed and new procedures are implemented
- Provides technical assistance by telephone to field service personnel, suppliers and modality engineering
- Complies with EHS regulations and policies
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- Perform troubleshooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Responsible for the upgrade and proper function of MR Power supplies.
- Provide evaluation, constructive feedback, and leadership in the development of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- Support engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry or specialized test equipment.
- Applications may include analog, digital and/or video circuits, and logic systems.
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and troubleshooting functions.
- Perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Assist in the design, construction, test and checkout of test equipment.
- Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including but not limited to test programs oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
Confidential. Menomonee Falls, WI
- Process, test, prepare for shipment, as required or if needed, to include any or all the following: product programming; downloading of parameters; inputting and printing data form ESI Module; printing shipping papers, forwarding product and documentation to the distribution department for shipping.
- Prepare estimates and quotes for customers on non-warranty repairs; obtain purchase orders and shipping instructions, as needed.
- Ensure the completion of all required records, paperwork, reports, and documents.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Maintain technical competency, technical knowledge of current and new products, and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
Confidential, Brookfield, WI
- Perform wiring and assembly operations on a variety of standard but precise electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies involving some detail as to number of parts and wiring patterns. Assemble electrical units and/or install apparatus on chassis.
- Cut, form and connect wiring in accordance with instructions or prototypes.
- Use test sets and checking devices.
- Make necessary calibrations to regulate units in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Use multi-meter to check voltage and amps on products, use oscilloscope to measure voltage peaks on products to ensure proper voltage, use analyzer to check frequency of coils that are used with transmitters, program processor chips using Quick Response, use proper soldering standards, program pagers, process RMA for return materials.