To obtain a job working as a DevOps/Puppet engineer that would allow me to utilize my skill - set to fulfill the vision of the company, and organization that I am working for.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
Platforms: Sun/Oracle Solaris (9 & 10), Administration of ZFS file, and storage systems, Creation of Zones and Ldoms as well as IPS package management in Solaris 11, Red Hat RHEL 5 and 6,and 7, and configured Red Hat KVM virtualization, Fedora, Ubuntu, IBM AIX, Windows 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 Server, Win XP and Cloudera/Hadoop, and Unix bsd, and Centos 7. Supporting middleware such as Jboss, Apache, Tomcat and Weblogic, and Drupal (Drush). Also worked with RHEV, RHN Satellite Server, and Rhel Clustering and Cassandra, and Puppet, and Nginx, and Clearcase.
Hardware: Sun SPARC (Sun Netra Servers, Sunfire V240, V440, V490, V880, V890, E15K, E25K, SunOne, Sun SPARC Enterprise T2000, M3000, M4000, and M9000), IBM (e-Server, PowerPC), HP (9000, ProLiant), Dell 3200, Autosys Java/J2EE,Poweredge, Vmax, VNX-SAN, Netapp-VNX NAS, and Cisco Nexus Switches.
Other: MS Exchange, Blackberry, F5 Load Balancers, LDAP, SVM, VERITAS Volume Manager, Jboss, DSEE7, StorageTek Powderhorn and Streamline Libraries, Enterprise switches (Brocade Silkworm 3900, 4100, 5300 and DCX), Nagios, Symantec Netback up, Tivoli Access Manager, TCP/IP, Wireshark, LAN/WAN, VPN, VMware ESXi v.5, Oracle Database, MySql and Oracle Database, and AWS (EC2, RDS), Cloudwatch, and Puppet. Installing and managing FISMA, and Dev/Ops
Confidential, Washington, DCSenior Desktop Support Analyst
- Provided DevOps/Puppet engineering (remote configuration) support for a global Confidential contract that needed the system configuration of Enterprise Dell servers (NX3100, R720, and MD3200).
- Also was in charge of management, and maintenance of Oracle Exadata 4.2 Appliance. During this time I provided technical support for the Oracle database12c for the client, and maintained the Emc and Netapp storage SAN array.
- Responded to various calls concerning Hp and Dell servers on site within the Metropolitan area for the client while using my skills, and knowledge of AWS (Ec2) and Puppet for deployment of infrastructure.
- Responded to various calls concerning Hp and Dell servers on site within the Metropolitan area for the client while using my skills, and knowledge of AWS (Ec2) and Puppet for deployment of infrastructure, and server configuration management.
Confidential, Landover, MD
- Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of Solaris and Linux servers
- Performing comprehensive needs assessment and patch management for Oracle Solaris Linux Enterprise systems, and Sparc enterprise network. Installed and managed Infrastructure/Engineering and hardening, Security Administration, and installed on multiple systems. Configured DNS and Bind, created scripts by using Perl and Bash.
- Experience in Virtualization and Cloud Computing with OpenStack and AWS instances in the cloud.
- Worked frequently in the role of dev/Ops engineer working with clients to manage their code development, and assisting in the process of releasing their code into the Production environment.
- Expertise in establishment and configuration of Solaris virtual environments
- Installed multiple sparse and whole root zones within one physical instance of Solaris 9 and 10
- Installed, configured, managed, and provided troubleshooting forVmware ESXi v5 and Apache web, server, Tomcat, Jboss, Weblogic, and RHEV
- Supported the management of Mysql database, and familiar with Oracle 11g
- Performance Monitoring and capacity planning in anticipation of system resource usage and needs. Also worked with IBM Power hardware, and Power Vm using AIX
- Installation, configuration, deployment, and monitoring of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Installation, configuration and deployment of Virtual servers in RHEL
- Setup ZFS quotas, reservation and automatic NFS-share of directories
- Used SMF system utilities, administered and configured Nagios
- Installed and configured VERITAS volume manager
- Several years working for this client implementing and managing monitoring solutions on networks
- Familiar with administrating networks and SAN storage
- Implemented RAID 0-5 solutions with VERITAS Volume Manager
- Installed and configured VERITAS Netbackup master, media and client servers
- Datacenter Administration
- Installed, administered, managed, and troubleshoot VOIP networks
- Worked in a lead role supervising a team of twelve engineers and training novice personnel
- Administered, configured and managed Ldom, and zfs storage
- Worked in several network enterprise environments
- Have experience designing and managing both Microsoft an Open-source networks
- Installed and configured various Wireless networks
- Utilize the use of Puppet and AWS (Ec2), and Cloudwatch at various client sites
- At Confidential I also installed, configured, and managed Jboss, Ldoms and other middleware applications such as Weblogic
- Worked with continuous integration by installing Jenkins server in a java environment on a Tomcat server, and also installed Git for version control
- Worked on a client project migrating Weblogic to Tomcat. During this project specifically installed, configured, managed, monitored and provided troubleshooting to Tomcat network
- Administered and configured San multipathing
- Administered, configured, and maintained Web Logic Application server on linux and unix platforms
- Designed, built, and deployed linux networks RHEL 6
- Administered, installed, configured and managed puppet server. Installed and managed puppet modules to configuration
- Administered and managed linux RHEL 6 using Linux Satelite Server
- Configured DR on linux network using RHEL6
- Used puppet for infrastructure deployment of network, and server configuration
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, and highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Experienced in selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, and security requirements
- Experienced with application/data migration to AWS
Confidential, Herndon, Virginia
- Provided 100% support for Windows, Exchange, Blackberry and SharePoint and Linux systems.
- Assisted clients in trouble shooting their mail issues
- Supported Microsoft and Apple products
- Installed, administered, managed, and troubleshoot VOIP networks
- Performed maintenance for Microsoft/Good link and Blackberry mobile devices
- Set mounts points and user-mount points on Linux systems
- Performed data management using native Solaris utilities for archiving and compression
- Used VI editor to edit necessary files on Unix, and Linux operating systems
- Administered user accounts. Created scripts by using Perl and Bash
- Provided capacity planning, while managing clusters of ESX virtual servers
- Troubleshooting user logins using various remote login utilities
- Proficient in troubleshooting system problems
- Performed administration and monitored job processes using associated commands.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting network connectivity
- Administered, installed, and supported Office 365
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior Desktop Support Analyst
- Assisted in the installation of 500 Dell personal computers
- Installed V-LAN for new IP addresses in each department
- Diagnosed and repaired problem network printers etc
- Administratively added new domains for users
- Desktop support for Win2000/XP, and Lotus Notes