- 15 years experience in IT management in a Windows environment with a focus on effective strategic IT planning and oversight of IT performance.
- Proven track record managing large IT environments for Wall St. firms by coordinating a variety of projects and activities for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
- Reviewing the adequacy and allocation of IT resources in terms of funding, personnel, equipment and service levels to deliver projects within budget and scope.
- Fluency in Technical projects, Logistics planning, Change management, Vendor and Service Provider handling and Problem management.
Software: Windows (Servers/Desktops), MS - Office, MS-Project, MS-Exchange, VMware ESX, XenApps, SCCM, ServiceNow, Remedy, Blackberry Enterprise Server, GroupWise 6/5.5, ZENWorks, Opsware,, WSUS, RightFax 6.0, Veritas Desktop Management Suite 3.5, Commvault, Backup Exec, Lotus Notes 4.6, GHOST, WinInstall Imaging, Lotus 1-2-3, Cheyenne ArcserveIT, PCAnywhere, iManage, PCDocs 3.5.4, Shiva Remote Access; DOS and several other software applications.
Hardware: HP/COMPAQ, DELL, IBM, Servers, Desktops, Laptops.
Service/Help - Desk Technical Manager, IT
- Scope of position includes service delivery, help-desk management, technical project management, performance monitoring and management authority for: PC/Help-Desk Operations (managed 8 Specialists), LAN/WAN Network Services, Web/Internet Design and Operations.
- Decreased inventory requirements, application pricing and licensing expenses by approximately 20% by establishing standardization, automation for applications, PC desktops and networking systems.
- Delivered 15% cost savings through negotiation of SLAs, contracts and pricing for hardware/software purchases and consulting services. Build relationships with clients, vendors and Sr. management to ensure satisfaction of business needs.
- Built and led team of 10 - 15 A-players to deliver top-notch Help Desk service and support to 500 users.
- Worked alongside various departments and cross-functional teams to offer technical insight, best practices and strategic thought for technical projects based on Citrix, VMware, ServiceNow and other technologies.
- Contributed to the setup and rapid successes of multiple internet startups such as ‘id8labs’ by advising on help desk administration, service delivery, best practices, software/hardware maintenance and networking technologies.
- Also maintained websites, DNS, MX records via GoDaddy and other applications.
- Maintain departmental IT budget and enterprise wide vendor relations regarding industry standards and proprietary products. Licensing, Asset management and recommend change.
- Responsible for daily operations, application deployment, project management, logistics and product delivery as per SLAs.
- Manage and direct the activities of System Administrators including hiring, training, mentoring, performance appraisals and career development.
- Oversee functioning of Help-Desk, call escalation and ensure client satisfaction as per company service level agreements.
- Evaluate new technologies and establish policies and procedures. Produce IT reports for Sr. Management.
Sr. Network Administrator
- Responsible for administration, upgrades, maintenance and implementation aspects of Windows 2000/2003 and Novell Netware 6 network. In-charge of IT projects for 20 servers in a Windows domain and Novell 6 environment.
- Windows 2000, 2003, IIS 5.0 and Terminal Server support, maintenance, commissioning/decommissioning, administration and daily operational tasks. Provide 3rd level technical support.
- Supervise technicians and coordinate all issues related to Windows XP/NT/95/98 workstations and solve issues.
- Responsible for user administration, login scripts, system policies, rights issues, security patches, configuration of drivers, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP connectivity of 150 desktops.
- Manage engineers on projects related to installations, roll-outs and services such as TCP/IP, IIS, duplexing, mirroring and other RAID levels. Installation, configuration and administration of services such as WINS, FTP.
- Administration and reporting of ArcServe for NT backups/restores. Monitor and produce reports related to server performance and server statistics using BindView 6.x, Compaq Insight Manager and report to Sr. Management. Interact and build relationships with hardware/software vendors.
- Supervise and coordinate all issues related to Windows NT/95/98 workstations, hardware, software and solve issues. Recommend security policies and procedures.
- Administer and maintain MS Exchange 5.5 and Outlook messaging system. Also maintain GroupWise 5.5 domain of 15 secondary domains and post offices.
- Manage Help Desk technicians, user support issues, evaluate and propose strategies for purchase and implementation of new hardware, software and network issues. Provide 3rd level technical support.
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance of NT 4.0 servers and administration regarding login scripts, system policies and rights issues.
- In-charge of upgrade of entire network from Netware 3.12 to Netware 4.1. Responsibilities included analysis, planning, design and implementation of network tree structure. Also involved in administration of users, rights, groups and profiles. Job also involved setup of Windows NT 4.0 Workstation and integration of Novell tools e.g. NAL and NT Workstation Manager.
- Setup and management of MS-SQL 6.5/7.0 server and iManage document management database system.
- Installation of hardware and software pertaining to RightFax 6.0 on Windows NT 4.0 server. Also administering and troubleshooting PC faxing issues.
- Rollout of Windows 95/NT Workstation using WinInstall and administration through Desktop Management Application. Responsible for rollout of Windows 95 and applications to over 500 desktops using GHOST software..
- Was solely incharge of administration, engineering, maintenance and training of Management and users for the Computer Telephone Integration (CTI) project.
- Setup, configured and integrated Lucent Technologies CTI applications such as Telephony, FastCall and Message Manager with Netware 3.12. Heavy interaction with engineering and sales personnel of Lucent to provide feedback regarding products in beta phase.
- Responsible for hardware and software maintenance and upgrade of Novell network to Windows NT 4.0, for the trading floors and other bank’s subsidiaries. Also involved in evaluating new hardware and software and making recommendations to Sr. Management for cost-benefit analysis.
- Administration of Lotus Organizer rollout for the entire bank
- Install, maintain and support Shiva Remote Dial-In/Dial-Out application
- Rollout of Anti-Virus software throughout the bank’s network
- Coordinate and make recommendations to management regarding Bar Coding and Card Scan software