- Hospitality Supervisor focused on driving company growth and revenue in fast - paced and competitive climates. Flexible problem solver with a positive attitude.
Front Desk Supervisor
- Resolved service-related problems in a timely manner.
- Updated team members about changes in hotel products, services, pricing and policies.
- Trained and mentored all new members of the guest service team.
- Greeted and welcomed all hotel guests with a smile.
- Computed bills, collected payments and made change for guests.
- Posted charges for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers manually or by using computers.
Food and Beverage Supervisor
- Assisted in maintaining preparation and service areas in a sanitary condition.
- Checked temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, and heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Cleaned and inspected galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas.
- Trained server staff on proper use of equipment, food handling, and portion sizing.
- Responsible for coordination of up to 8 servers in restaurant with capacity of 75.
- Ensured freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Helped with preparation, set-up, and service for catering events.
- Inspected and cleaned food preparation areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Kept dining room and kitchen area clean by performing cleaning and laundry duties.
- Clearly and promptly communicated pertinent information to staff, such as large reservations or last minute menu changes.
- Organized special events in the restaurant, including receptions, promotions and corporate luncheons.
- Successfully improved student participation in the classroom through integration of creative role-playing exercises.
- Implemented reading and writing workshops to increase student literacy and support school reading programs.
- Assisted in developing student-led after-school tutoring program to teach under-privileged students.
- Modified the general education curriculum for special-needs students based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies.
- Planned, implemented, monitored, and assessed a classroom instructional program which was consistent with San Jose Unified District regulations and Board of Education goals.
- Enforced the Buddy System mentoring program between K and 5th grade students, increasing student development and enthusiasm for learning.
- Developed and taught lessons on children's books, poems, and themes to promote student interest.
- Consistently received positive teacher evaluations from students.
- Met with parents to resolve conflicting educational priorities and issues.
- Guest services
- Staff training
- Skilled wait staff
- Inventory management systems
- Hospitality background
- Front desk experience
- Natural leader
- Passion for customer satisfaction
- Managing classroom for diverse populations
- Positive learning environment
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Strong work ethic
- Food service background
- Hotel operations and management
- Five-star hotel experience
- Guest satisfaction specialist
- Opera knowledge