OBJECTIVE: Desktop Support.
- Over seven years experience in desktop support, tech support engineering, monitoring, and supporting customer support and sales people. Met or exceeded planned goals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience in all versions of NT and Windows products, TCP/IP, internet, monitoring tools, troubleshooting, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and many other applications.
- Experience with TCP/IP, internet, protocols, monitoring tools such as HP OpenView, troubleshooting, tweaking workstation configurations, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and many other applications. Practical problem solving experience.
- Reduced unanswered trouble ticket volume by over 70 with quicker response time using email or phone for a more positive customer response.
- Revised company procedural manuals on essential functions so that untrained employees could perform the tasks, thereby eliminating the threat of downtime.
- Monitored network and server farm to insure 99.9 uptime, which increased customer satisfaction.
- A quick learner. Trained as a new hire on Monday and two days later trained other employees in the same company methodology which improved learning speed and team building.
- Self-imposed leave of absence 07/2006 to 08/2014
NT 4.0 Server, Windows XP Home and Pro, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 98 version 2 and Vista. Microsoft Office Suite, NAV installation and administration. Desktop support and Network support. Computer hardware and software builds of new computers. Troubleshoot and repair of a wide variety of computer and network problems. White paper internet research to integrate archaic law programs with new Operating System. Installing backup systems tape and external hard drive , Plusdeck2 tape drive, HP printers, hard drive upgrades, ram upgrades, and many other issues.
NT 4.0 Server, Windows 2000 Server, NT 4.0 Workstation. Mercury SiteScope, and many proprietary monitoring tools. Outlook. Provided key troubleshooting analysis on numerous connectivity and server issues including restoring the Registry on a critical server, isolating issues blocking internet connectivity then repairing or escalating the problem. Also took ownership of moving millions of dollars of money across the internet every day.
TECHNICAL PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTOR
Provided technical services on contract to the following companies:
Windows 95 workstation. Outlook. Issues concerning the following: firewall configuration, DNS, DHCP, and connectivity. Phone and email support for Sys Admin, and average PC users. PCanywhere integration, chat integration, anti-virus integration NAV and McAfee, analysis of almost any network problem. Coordinated with programmer/developers. Dramatically increased sales.
NT 4.0 Workstation. HP OpenView, BMC Patrol, and TNG monitoring and some configuration. Issues concerning the following: BGP3, Nslookup, connectivity, hardware and software issues on thousands of servers and other equipment. Communicating with SysAdmin about problems on their servers and getting the problems resolved.
Novell, NT 4.0 Server, NT 3.11 Server, Windows 95. ccMail, Dr. Solomon. Hardware, software, and network issues on an aging network. Integrating workstations with server taxi fleet management software.
Windows 95, NT 4.0 Workstation. Software installation and troubleshooting of workstations and printers. Installing a variety of software programs such as NAV and McAffee, Windows Office Suite. IP addressing issues.
Windows 95, NT 4.0 Server, Novell. Microsoft Office Suite, Ghost, and specialized software for the insurance industry. Hardware and software troubleshooting. Workstation upgrades. Laptops software upgrades. Docking Station integration with laptops.
NT 4.0 Workstation, Windows 95. Over a thousand software installations. Upgrading workstation hardware with new or second hard drives, CD-rom drives, and sound cards. IP addressing. Troubleshooting of a wide variety of workstation problems.
Windows 95, NT 4.0 Server, Unix Server. Wide variety of network and workstation issues. Software installs of OS upgrades and new applications. Cabling. Workstation hardware upgrades. Inventory software.