IT Technician / Helpdesk Support Technician A highly motivated IT professional with 5 years of technical background and applied training. Work well alone or in a team environment while promoting collaboration. Experience includes networking, systems administration, support, training, IT project management.
- Oversaw the planning and implementation of new data infrastructure for production plant facilities, including inside plant cabling.
- Implementation of a backup disaster recovery plan for continuity of operations.
- Proactive security mitigation through the use of anti-virus policy and adoption.
- Network Security enhancement through extensive Firewall and intrusion detection best practices.
- In-depth troubleshooting knowledge of systems, application configuration and connectivity issues.
- Implemented a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management CRM solution companywide to handle end-to-end order handling and work order ticketing.
| || |
SMS Server Technician
- Wired UPS, SAN, Firewall, and 3 Dell PowerEdge Servers
- Deployed data store and .ova's using VMware's VMsphere interface
| || |
IS Level II Assistant Project Leader
Planned and implemented the transition of over 500 Windows XP machines to Windows 7
| || |
IT Manager / MRO Purchaser
| || |
- IT Manager for a companywide network of client computers Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 , servers Windows Server 2008 , managed switches, and Cisco ASA 5500 Firewall.
- Maintained COOP/DR strategy for backup recovery, endpoint updates, and security/anti-virus policy.
- Researched and implemented software for work order ticketing.
- Consulted with local development group to bring in fiber to the Industrial Park for local business access to fiber.
- Managed the planning and implementation of new data infrastructure for the production plant, using EIA/TIA standards for data cabling to upgrade from cat5 cable to cat6 with capacitance planning to future proof the inside plant.
- Analyzed requirements and implemented a cloud-based inventory system from the ground up used for the tracking of purchases from the request to purchase to delivery and finally to inventory, and allows real time on hand accountability of maintenance inventory, resulting in a 20 reduction in overall MRO purchases.
- Researched and implemented a vending system for high volume maintenance and production items, PPE, and office supplies that allows for instant availability and quantity limits which resulted in a 20-30 waste reduction.
Part time worker
| || |
- Maintained several jobs in order to attend college.
- Remote administration of Apache based Web servers for an Internet Web Provider.
| || |
- Field service technician maintaining systems for businesses across northern Mississippi
- Work included the setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting on technical systems including end-user devices, servers, and other hardware, networks and network devices, and storage devices.
- Completed Boot Camp at Paris Island, SC in August 2005
- Completed School of Infantry at Camp Geiger, NC in July of 2006
- Veteran served honorably during Operation Enduring Freedom 2006-2007.
- Learned invaluable leadership and team skills