SKILLS LAST USED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Windows XP and 7 2012 7
- Desktop - Help Desk Support 2012 7
- Networking 2012 6
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008 2012 4
- Office/Outlook 2003 2007 2010 2012 4
- McAfee Enterprise Administrator 2012 4
- Active Directory 2012 3
- Windows Updates Server WSUS 2012 3
- RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10 2012 3
- Exchange Server 2003 and 2007 2012 1
- Link Analyst Network Monitor 2012 1
- Websense TRITON Internet Security 2012 1
- Mac support 2012 1
- Smartphone support 2012 1
- Linux / Unix 2008 1
- Windows Scripting .bat files 2008 1
TIER II DESKTOP SUPPORT
Open ended contract through Kelly Services supporting Duke Hospital's Desktop Support team. This position mainly consists of resolving typical Windows XP or 7, Internet browser, Lotus Notes, Office Outlook, virus, imaging, data transfer or migration, and hardware issues of servers, desktops, laptops, printers, smart-phones, and also some networking issues.
- Short term contract through TechniSource to fill opening due to person on medical leave.
- This position mainly consisted of resolving typical Windows XP or 7, Internet browsing, Lotus Notes, Office Outlook, virus, imaging, data transfer or migration, and hardware issues of ThinkPad laptops.
TIER II DESKTOP SUPPORT
- Originally hired as Pharmacy Systems Trainer on a temporary project teaching pharmacy staff to use a new software system.
- Promoted to a permanent position of Desktop Support handling Tier 1 2 levels of network, hardware, software, printer, and telecommunications problems for corporate offices and 100 stores.
- Administrator of company's anti-virus protection including Host Intrusion Prevention System HIPS for about 1000 computers using McAfee Enterprise and Orchestrator.
- Setup 100 McAfee repositories for systems to update locally to help maintain efficient bandwidth capacity and prevent Intranet data flow bottlenecks that had previously been troublesome.
- Deployed McAfee Endpoint Encryption to about 80 field service laptops to protect patient and sensitive data in case of loss or theft.
- Implemented Windows Update Server for 1000 computers to update from a local server to also help prevent slow Internet traffic problems.
- Working knowledge of Websense-TRITON Internet security and Link Analyst network monitoring.
- Documented issues, resolutions, and dispatched field techs through the HelpStar, Service-Now, or Remedy ticketing systems.
- Basic to intermediate skill using Windows Active Directory, writing Windows Scripts, and working with RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10.
SYSTEMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Tier II call center technical support for various telecommunications software products.
LOCAL AREA NETWORK TECHNICIAN