Summary of Qualifications:
- 13 years of extensive hands-on IT experience including 7 years of direct Team Lead experience in network engineering, mainframes, windows systems administration, troubleshooting and repair. Maintained ongoing network including updates and security patches.
- Efficiently assisted in monitoring and troubleshooting of all potential network performance issues. Developed and maintained documentation regarding installation, administration and maintenance of network infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface at all levels. A team player who also can work well independently.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to assure consumers that everything possible will be done to handle their problem in an efficient and timely fashion.
- The skills and training to perform on-site assessments to determine the exact needs and to install new systems.
Hardware: Dell workstations, laptops, and servers. HP workstations and laptops, HP, Canon, Epson, Brother, Lexmark and Xerox printers, Cisco and Smart routers and switches, ADIC Scalar tape backup environment
Software: 3270 terminal. Remedy ticketing system , vSphere 5.5 VMware ESXi , VM workstation, 9/10/11, Windows XP/Vista/7/8, MS Office 2008/2010/2013 Suite, MS Server 2003/2008/2012, Active Directory, VERITAS Backup Exec, Norton Backup Exec, NCase, Retina and Hercules
Exchange Server 2003/2010/2013. VMware, Log Mein, Join me, COBOL, JCL
Networking Tools: HP Open View, Windows Network Monitor
Physical Tools: RJ45 Crimpers. Line tester
- Consulted client on Fast Track Estimating software to decrease cost of outsourced estimates.
- Installed and Maintained QuickBooks 2014 Contractors Edition
- Installed Fast Track Estimating software.
- Performed training on new software to employees using the system.
- Created reference material for staff.
- Trained staff on Adobe Pro, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks 2014, and estimation software.
- Provided System Support and Administration.
- Utilized join me and log Mein to perform remote functions.
- Tested VMware vSphere to create a virtual environment to maximize production with low overhead
- Created a network diagram and assigned IP's.
- created a new workstation and pushed ESXi image to workstation
- Loaded server 2012 r2 and setup domain and loaded active directory.
- created workstations for users to RDP
- Trained six individuals on MS Office and QuickBooks.
Environment: Five workstations running windows 7. Two workstations RAM modified for estimating stations. Installed QuickBooks 2014 on Dell OptiPlex. One network Brother MFC-9340CDW printer.
- Served as systems administrator for client
- Maintained the network and resolved PC problems.
- Provided desktop support
Environment: Four workstations running XP. Four local HP printers Connected network over Linksys router.
Desktop Support Technician-Refresh
- Assisted in PC refresh, break/fix, and migration.
- Hardware/software troubleshooting
- Worked with both PC's and Laptops.
Environment: Over 1000 users. Over 1000 windows 7 workstations throughout all sites. Over 200 Dell Cisco Wyse terminals. HP and Xerox printers. All Dell workstations and laptops.
Tier 2 Field Service Administrator
- Troubleshot network connectivity issues.
- Managed active directory.
- Performed backups.
- Restored data as needed.
- Established, reviewed and monitored standard operating procedures to ensure security and confidentiality of information.
- Installed and configured workstations along with printers on network.
- Managed an inventory of equipment, software and licenses.
- Trained staff on equipment and software.
- Trained staff on use of equipment and software.
- Maintained logs and reports of activity.
- Performed preventative maintenance on network and devices.
- Annual review of eHIPAA regulations and updated agency policies.
Environment: Over 60 users with assigned permissions. 20 Verizon air cards.
- All Machines running XP requested that they upgrade 2 Domain controllers Primary and Backup
- 1 IIS server. 2 Exchange servers running. Over 10 network printers. Over 60 Avaya VoIP phones.
- Servers provided tape backups
Westover Air Reserve Base Chicopee MA
IT Instructor-Sergeant of Marines
- Over 700 Marine users and around 50 civilian users. Instructed MCTFS users 3270 mainframe terminal on logging in, navigating and submitting changes through UDMIPs unit diary program. After every cycling logged into 3270 terminal to verify that everything was submitted correctly by looking at error reports. Submitted requests for TSO ids to Headquarters Marine Corp. No local servers for production located at site. During drill weekend, load out SWAN satellite wide area network , and peek and pull connect to satellite make contact with MTU military transmission unit build servers, connect crypto Raytheon KIV77 and begin transmitting data. Practicing on how to create network environment in field or combat zones.
- Provided training to new Marines and internal/external vendors on technical issues
- Connected users to 3270 mainframe terminal.
- Submitted user requests for TSO id to Headquarters Marine Corp.
- Instructed mainframe users on how to navigate in 3270 terminal and check for errors.
- Taught users how to use proprietary software UDMIPs to generate reports from mainframe and submit changes.
- Conducted training classes of Marine students on computer skills
- Created and taught training classes for various technical and soft skills
- Project management of technical and non-technical projects
- Maintained inventory control for technical and non-technical supplies
- Delegated duties to other team members regarding work-related tasks and processes
- Delivered excellent customer service while working with vendors on a daily basis for various new and on-going technical projects
- Interacted with vendors and utilized excellent organizational skills to arrange upgrades and migrations.
- Served as a liaison between contractors and staff to resolve issues.
Critical Event Manager Level II Team Lead
- 13 employees on team monitoring exchange, network, telecom and systems. Work was performed occasionally in a fast pace working environment.
- Provided 24/7 operational support IT infrastructure for UMASS Memorial Medical Center
- Handled all critical network issues for site in a timely manner.
- Configured and monitored critical network devices.
- Acted as line of communication between company and client.
- Management level I employees assigned to project.
Systems Support Technician
- Assisted with drafting of operation procedures.
- Reduced the quantity of 1st tier calls assigned to 2nd tier through training.
- Coordinated and prioritized work in accordance with SLA's.
- Used remote access tools to provide quick fix solutions.
- Asset management.
- Generated reports for senior management.
- Supported the Remedy Helpdesk .
- Troubleshooting network connectivity issues with network team.
- Managed Exchange Servers 2003
- Managed Active Directory
- Created, reset and changed permissions on accounts exchange and active directory .
- Utilized remedy to track calls, tickets, identify trends and communicate with other departments.
- Used Crystal reports to generate reports to visually identify trends
Network Security Admin Team Lead-Sergeant of Marines
- Assisted with daily operations of computing environment.
- Assisted in hardware installation and maintenance of workstations, servers and networking equipment.
- Managed Exchange Servers 2003
- Managed Active Directory.
- Supervised backup and disaster recovery operations.
- Performed occasional off-hours and remote support.
- Coordinated hardware and software installations and upgrades to ensure work is performed in accordance with company policy.
- Recommended resolutions to complex matters of significance and coordinated approved plan of action.
- Performed network security functions.
- Managed DNS.
- Utilized standard tools to record changes of service requests and activities.
- Pushed out patches and updates using a program call Hercules.
- Used program Retina to generate network reports and scan network for vulnerabilities.
- During investigations used program to retrieve deleted information from hard drive called ncase for forensics.
Server Admin Team Lead-Sergeant of Marines
- Over 25,000 users would submit for user accounts to this department. Configured raid and built, managed and backed up Exchange servers. VERITAS along with Scalar 1000 was used to backup all servers.
- Configured and managed windows server environment.
- Managed active directory
- Asset management.
- Participated in key product evaluation and improvements as they relate to the server environment
- Coordinated with the IT Manager to ensure availability and reliability of servers to meet demands.
- Performed server backups
- Provided network support.
Desktop Support Technician
- Over 25,000 machines under scope running NT, 2000 and XP. Used LANDesk to remote into machines if needed. Utilized ntbackup command to run local tape backups. Used Norton ghost to make image of machine and also restore an image to machine
- Supported all base command staff including Commanding General Base Command.
- Handled 20 tickets per day.
- Used remote software.
- Responsible for managing arrangement of network pc.
- Performed manual tape backups.
- Installed and configured windows NT/2000/XP machines.
- Installed, configured and repaired computer systems for command staff.