Experienced IT professional with excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills. Manage and develop multi site teams and cross functional processes through expansion and contraction. Able to build strong relationships and lead colleagues in both a daily and project basis.
- Windows operating systems including Windows 3.1, 98, NT, ME/2000, XP, 7.
- Application software includes MS Office all flavors , VMWare/VSphere, AutoCAD, Altiris, Meditech, QuickBooks, Citrix, Ghost, and various Healthcare applications.
- Additional capabilities include Active Directory, Remote Desktop, Blackberry, Android, iPhone.
- Effectively manage the installation and configuration of hardware and software applications and computer networks.
Service Supervisor/Senior Desktop Engineer
- Manage and develop a team of 11 IT helpdesk professionals across multiple sites for company with 24 multiplatform businesses with eight million members, including iconic brands such as Book of the Month Club, Doubleday, and Columbia House.
- Worked closely with 1st level Helpdesk to resolve issues on first contact, cutting the amount of tickets generated by approximately 35 .
- Persuaded senior management to implement a XP to Windows 7 upgrade companywide approximately 1500 users managed all aspects of the twelve month implementation. Designed, configured, tested alpha builds for 4 different areas for the corporation. Pushed the image out using WDS. Built all the virtual deployment servers and maintained them as well. Many of them were performed remotely. Coordinated with all internal departments to ensure that all software commercial/in-house applications were fully functional. With the new system in place, the need for technicians evaluating spyware and malware decreased generously.
- Served as a hands-on senior level of contact for all unresolved system issues.
- Developed a self serve software application kiosk portal to manage software downloads on an as needed basis coordinate usage, requirements, and licensures thus allowing the field technicians to perform more efficiently on priority situations.
- Worked with management to spearhead the transition from corporate owned and supported print environment to a Managed Print Service resulting in hard cost savings of approximately 30 plus additional soft cost savings in technical support and facility storage of consumables.
- Worked on virtual environments to satisfy the needs of our offshore operations. Built, deployed and maintained multiple virtual desktops/servers based upon business role within the organization
- Coordinate and manage components of PCI Payment Card Industry Compliance with Web Development and Applications Development teams.
- Gather and prepare information for IT Director for presentations to senior management and Board of Directors.
Lead Desktop Support Technician/Build Coordinator
- Managed the OS migration for 5000 users at a defense contractor under budget and three months.
- Set up scheduling for technicians to copy data from end users, install new software and transfer data back to the new system
- Set up imaging lab, supervised and trained technicians, imaged drives SATA/PATA/SCSI , data transfer, inventory control, troubleshooting software conflicts, hardware break fix, Outlook migration, mapping of network drives, installing VPN client, extensive use of VNC to troubleshoot issues, and other support duties.
Desktop Support Technician
- Provided support for 2,000 users on and off campus through break/fix of hardware and software applications, new installations, moves, applied security settings for various software applications, virus and spyware removal, email setup, and assisted users with proper uses of software applications.
- Managed troubleshooting for network printers, print servers, and connectivity problems.
- Maintained a Windows network for Express Steel Supply and New York Steel Installation.
- Performed hardware and software upgrades, trained staff on software applications.