Experienced professional with 14 years experience providing workstation IT hardware/software support, infrastructure support. Demonstrated expertise with large-scale PC, hardware, and software installs in various enterprise environments. An adept problem solver recognized by senior management and team members for providing extremely efficient support in a fast-paced environment.
Network Support IT Support IT Helpdesk Troubleshooting System Imaging Remote Connectivity Remote User Support Server Support VMWare Support
Platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS.
Software : Microsoft XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 8.1, REHL 5.5, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office Suite 2003-2010, Microsoft Exchange 2003, Microsoft Server 2003 R2, Microsoft Server 2008 R2, SCCM 2007, SCCM 2012, Active Directory Users and Computers, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft CRM, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suites v3, 4, 5, Altiris, Articulate Presenter, Bartender, Blackberry Enterprise Account Administrator, Blancco Data Erasure, Cisco Phone Management Software, Citrix, Fedex and UPS software, Nexus, No Machine, Partek, Honeywell, Prowatch, Putty, Primera, Solidworks, Symantec, Synergy, VMware, VSphere, Bomgar, Zenoss, HP Service Desk, HP Service Manager, Remedy, Flex LM, Ghost, PXE, SCCM Imaging, RHEL 5.5 imaging and configuration.
Lead Contractor Support Technician - Windows 8 Migration
- Migrate current Windows XP/7 systems to Windows 8 and replace all EOL systems with new hardware. Ensure all end user assigned applications has installed correctly in software center. Verify hard drive encryption is complete.
- Primary point of contact for resolution of nightly migration issues seen by local site technicians. Investigate and resolve seen issues by means of operating system and application knowledge, documented solutions for various known issues or engage senior support staff if required. Document nightly migration totals, various issues, and resolutions to stated issues to the Windows 8 Migration team for daily review.
Windows 7 Migration Technician
Migration of current Windows XP systems to Windows 7 via SCCM. Verify current warranty status of HP and Dell systems and replace with Dell 7010 desktop or Dell 6430 laptop. Backup and restore user data via Windows Easy Transfer, Ghost Image all systems for data recover if needed. Digital audit of each system with Track It software. Record all migrated systems and replaced systems in the IT Helpdesk share point documents.
Desktop Standard User Support
Process client requests in Remedy for Local Admin Rights and elevated privileges for desktop, laptop, and virtual systems. Process client requests for software installs in Request Center. Software licenses purchases are verified through Ariba
Windows 8 applications are tested for installation issues, proper permissions required to function with limited permissions for the end user. Log and report any found issues and send back to packaging team if required for corrective action. Once initial testing is successful the application is sent on for UAT by the application owner and technical lead for final sign off. Once sign off is received, the application is then certified for production. Physical system imaging for Windows XP, 7, and 8 via SCCM, SCCM Offline, and PXE.
Windows 7 application migration to SCCM 2012 from SCCM 2007 project. Project consists of mirror duplication of all Windows 7 certified applications into SCCM 2012 from SCCM2007. Create advertisements and deployments for Windows 7 applications. Test application deployment to Windows 7 test systems before UAT by application owner and final certification for production use.
Senior Desktop Support Specialist
Monitor support tickets through HP Service Manager and resolve day to day issues with users, handled inventory from purchasing to building and troubleshooting systems, coordinating both projects and vendors. Handled quotes and negotiations for software and hardware purchases, and provided executive support. Handled all new hire accounts, system deployments, desk phones, cell phone procurement. Build and test systems with specific applications for lab instruments. Build and maintain various virtual systems including software license servers, barcode printing server, print servers, shipping server in VMware vSphere.
Key Contributions and Major Projects:
- Maintained 2 hour or less response time for 2nd level support issues with sensitivity to criticality while resolving more than 80 of issues before escalation to 3rd level support. Resolve executive staff issues within a 30 minute time frame or less in 95 of the instance's.
- Migrated entire workstation environment from Dell to HP hardware following Roche Nimblegen's merger. Coordinated deployment dates, purchasing, and installs for system changes. Used automated processes, extensive training, and manual troubleshooting to go live in 3 months with a less than 2 end user issue rate.
- Handled multiple major install and replacement projects, coordinating vendors and contract compliance, installs and troubleshooting, and other factors.
Lead PC Technical Consultant
Managed a large-scale inventory assessment and replacement project for Janesville's GM Assembly plant. Created common operating environment Ghost imaging files. Handled system configurations and secure data destruction.
- Created and implemented upgraded inventorying procedures. Located 133 of known inventoried hardware and logged previously unknown hardware into an updated database. Replaced over 1,200 pieces of equipment.
- Developed private imaging network to reduce network load on internal network and optimize imaging performance.
- Ensured EOL hardware was completely wiped before repurposing or recycling to Department of Defense standards.
Designed, implemented, and maintained small business and personal network and PC solutions. Provided onsite and remote support, system troubleshooting, data retention, backup solutions.
- Created optimized state of the art gaming systems for dedicated PC gamers comparable with top-of-the-line Alienware systems for 35 or more under spec cost.
- Scanned and digitized 30 large commercial aircraft manuals for third-party private inspector, creating highly searchable editable PDFs.
- Inspected and repaired critical infrastructure for real estate companies for compliance with NMLS standards for records retention. Designed, negotiated, and implemented upgraded backup solution, rebuilt systems with modern hardware/software, and provided post-implementation support.