To pursue a career in Information Technology on the forefront of Cloud Computing and cloud infrastructure delivery by architecting and delivering efficient private, public, and hybrid cloud systems.
- Support multiple multi-million dollar Medicare and Medicaid contracts approx. 400 million of equipment .
- Lead Technical Architect designing, developing, and deploying first production cloud based solution to customers in one of CSCs largest Data Centers to include a Self-Service cloud infrastructure offering IaaS.
- Architected, developed and deployed first DaaS cloud solution in CSC for Federal contracts around HIPPA, SOX, FISMA, and Secret level compliance in a self-service, multi-tenancy environment around VMWare, IBM, and Cisco Nexus infrastructure using Nexus v1000 and 5548p in support of 10 Gb FCoE.
- Integrated cloud monitoring using vFabric Hyperic and VMWare Operations Enterprise for a common view of the infrastructure between developers and administrators.
- Reduced customer costs by 50 deploying into the cloud simultaneously reduced time to deploy a customer from four months to seven days.
- Maintain cloud environment containing three federal contracts two Medicare, one Congressional
- Lead Engineer designing, developing, and deploying 3 engineers Citrix project migrating UniversalAmerican Medicare system supporting 3.5m customers from Citrix 4.0 to Citrix XenApp 5.0 while decreasing resource requirements by 35 supporting 700 users in 13 Call Centers, including two in India.
- Lead Engineer designing, developing, and deploying 100 virtual Citrix XenApp 5 and 6 infrastructures to deploy virtual applications and desktops to customers domestically and globally from the cloud.
- Standardized the deployment procedure of servers to the cloud using templates. customization templates, and PowerShell scripts.
- Design, configure, and support Enterprise Active Directory infrastructure including usage for SSO.
- Lead Engineer in Active Directory project to migrate 2003 Functional Level to Server 2008 R2 Functional Level to support centralized ID management system w/ UNIX NIS first site in CSC to do this . lead for 3 employees
- Lead Engineer to design and build Active Directory, Enterprise SharePoint 2007 Intranet/Extranet, Office Communications Server, and Exchange infrastructure for North Carolina State Medicaid system project. lead for 2 employees in the cloud.
- Design, implement, and configure enterprise SharePoint 2010/Project Server 2010 EPM system in support of two organizations consisting of 1000 employees.
- Designed and configured new file servers on Server 2008 R2 Enterprise to take advantage of DFS and file management
- Supported a data center migration of over 1000 devices including the IBM z9 mainframe
- Wrote custom scripts to monitor services, processes, general server health, and configure Active Directory structures for standardization.
- Designed and implemented SharePoint 2007, Exchange 2007, OCS 2007, and Project Server 2007 pilot for new contract proposals built on the SQL Server 2005 and 2008 platform .
- Lead Engineer to design, configure, and maintain first production VMWare 4.0 Infrastructure for HealthNet Medicare project 100 virtualized system . lead for 2 employees
- Lead Engineer for application virtualization, virtualizing Citrix XenApp 5 on VMWare vSphere 4.0 to deploy applications to California based HealthNet Medicare system supporting 450k Medicare customers. lead for 3 employees
- Upgraded and migrated many SQL Servers from 2000/2005 to 2008/2008 R2 into the cloud.
- Design, configure, and implement clustered SQL 2008/R2 enterprise infrastructure supporting 200 DBs.
- Design and implement System Center infrastructure including SCOM, SCCM, and DPM.
- Design and implement data center email infrastructure including Symantec Brightmail scanners w/ Exchange 2007 messaging.
- Support 800 physical devices including IBM servers, IBM Blades, and EMC Clarion storage.
- Support Medicare Part D and NYS Medicaid accounts
- Wrote scripts and developed a database to lower deployment of images from 2 hours to 30 mins.
- Implemented Windows Deployment Services to decrease deployment of multiple machines across CSC network and between sites deployment down from a few days to an hour for 30 machines .
- Support DB2, Lotus Notes 6.5 and 8.0, Sametime 3.0 and 8.0.
- Create and deploy packages with BMC Marimba
- Support approx. 300 users.
- Manage company backups with Backup Exec
- Wrote companies first Disaster Recovery plan and electronic usage policy email, computer, and IM
- Install, configure, and deploy Live Communications Server and MS Communicator 2005
- Write VBS scripts for logon and management
- Create and deploy installation packages WinLE, SMS
- Secure network infrastructure with ISA 2004/2006 and Group Policy
- Create and deploy Lenovo Windows XP and Vista Enterprise images Ghost and WDS
- Built first virtual server cluster using iSCSI and Network Appliance FAS2020
- Install and configure Microsoft Virtual Server 2005
- Remove the need for VPN access bringing in RPC over HTTPS for email and IM functions.
- Support and maintain 200 Exchange mailboxes.
- Exchange 2007 cluster installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Manage seven sites of 130 users, 22 servers, and the enterprise network infrastructure
- Provide unit level communications via radio, satellite, voice, and data networks.
- Create and install security keys for all communications platforms.
- Configure and maintain Cisco 3620 and 3640 routers Juniper Netscreen firewall Video conferencing land and satellite
- Design, implement, and maintain field networks Repair and install all broken communications equipment to include phones, radios, routers, switches, and cables.
- Information Management team leader desktop, server, network LAN and WAN maintenance at Camp Stanley
- Received Outstanding Leadership Award.
- Worked with South Korean Army while serving in South Korea.
- Maintain multi-platformed network base using Dell and Apple desktops, laptops, and PDAs.
- Cut maintenance overhead by 15 automating all regular maintenance procedures using logon scripts and Active Directory scheduling maintaining 99 uptime.
- Monitor LAN/WAN traffic with Ethereal and AirSnort to monitor network activity Configure SonicWall firewall.
- Streamlined creation/implementation of security and group policies with GPMC, creating individual policies for in house and remote users. Decreased updates time 70 enforce policies using MBSA 2.0.
- Windows Server 2003 scripting to install software/updates on in house and remote systems, run Exmerge e-mail backups.
- Maintain backups of servers and SQL 2000 databases with Backup Exec 9.1, Exchange 2003 and Active Directory accounts help desk ticketing and asset management.
- Implement first Help Desk system to include a client and web based system technicians monitor tickets from anywhere increase response times by a full day Configured Intuit Track-It 6.5 7 environment.
Certifications: VMWare VCP 4.1, A Certification, Network 2005 Course, MCSA 2003, ITILv3 Foundations, MCTS SharePoint Services 3.0.
Platforms: Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT/XP/Vista/7, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 R2 All Editions , ESX/ESXi 3.5/4.0/4.1, OS X Panther and Tiger
Applications: Exchange 2003/2007, SQL Server 2000 2008 R2, Office Live Communications Server 2005/2007, SharePoint 2007/2010, Project Server 2007/2010, Windows Deployment Services, MOM 2005/2007 System Center , ISA Server 2004/2006, Veeam 5.0, vKernel, VMWare vShield, VMWare Lab Manager, vCenter 2.x/4.0
Networking: TCP/IP, P2P, SSH, Ethernet, FDDI, LAN/MAN/WAN, FTP, DHCP, ISDN, WINS, VLAN, VPN, DNS, ISO/OSI, VoIP, ATM, FrameRelay
Tools: Norton Anti-Virus, Utilities, Ghost, Firewall , McCafee Virus software, Cisco Virtual Networking, Visio 2000/2003/2007 Professional, FrontPage 2003, Symantec pcAnywhere, Nortel Networks VPN Client, Photoshop 7.0, Flash/Fireworks, Microsoft Office Suite 2007, Ultra WinVNC, Solar Winds 2003 Standard Edition, Veritas Backup Exec 9.1, 12, Peregrine 6, Intuit Track-It 6.5 7.0, Tantia 7.4, IBM Director 5.1