Confidential, Washington, DC 12/ 2007-Present
IT Specialist/Signal Support System Specialist, Confidential Help Desk Provide technical support more than 1,200 end-users with computer, network systems and peripheral devices to DC Armory/Anacostia (Bolling AFB) and Davidson Airfield (Ft. Belvior).
- Use software that maintained passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment
- Resolve account creation requests, password reset/unlock(Active Directory/Lotus Notes), software/hardware installation requests, imaging/ reimaging workstations, data backup/recovery requests(Acronis/GHOST/Backup Exec), email archiving/ recovery/ troubleshooting requests(Microsoft Exchange 2010), network setup requests(Server 2008), imaging/ reimaging workstations, blackberry account creation,blackberry pasword/pin reset, blackberry email configuration/sync(Blacberry Enterprise Server), desktop/laptop/printer/scanner troubleshooting requests, Citrix and VMWare setup/ intranet configuration requests, CAC/ActivClient configuration, Cisco VoIP troubleshooting/ setup.
- Install, configure and maintain back-end and front-end systems, as well as LAN and WAN connection at remote site.
- Recommend hardware and software solutions and upgrades using established procurement processes.
- Provide functional and technical support, troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software problems, includingdesktop, laptop, LAN and remote systems.
- Assist in the installation and updating of software, as well as the setup and troubleshooting of all equipment.
- Track and de-escalate computer and printer related issues.
- Expertly installs, configured, monitored and troubleshot PC's and related hardware on all Windows OS platforms (Windows 2000,XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7).
- Document and track inventory of all computer equipment and software licenses.
- Perform diagnostic testing on PC equipment.
- Resolve Windows and Internet Explorer issues on desktops and laptops.
- Identify and remove computer viruses via Norton Symantec antivirus software
- Resolve Windows related issues, Internet Explorer issues and other PC software related issues.
- Install, configure (using Acronis Recovery Software), maintain and troubleshot applications.
- Produce backup software for distribution and maintenance all computers and peripherals.
- Maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date inventory records of all computers and printers.
- Integrate signal systems and networks; performing signal support functions and unit level maintenance on authorized signal equipment; and installing, operating, and maintaining radio and data distribution systems.
- Manage the assigned IT/communications environment with privileged access at the network level.
- Plan, coordinate, install, and continuously analyze system design, hardware and software
- Develops, recommends, and installs solutions and upgrades to ensure availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of all components of the assigned system.
- Provide Information Assurance - Technical (IAT) II information systems support for all disciplines, ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of network services.
- Provide ongoing technical support to customers to ensure proper functional use of equipment and programs such as Windows XP, Windows Vista , Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Suite 2007/2010
- Use DameWare mini remote control client to troubleshoot users issues remotely to preclude undue interruptions to IT and communications services.
- Create domain accounts, unlocking user accounts and resetting passwords using Active Directory domain controller
- Broadcast Laptops/Desktops and connecting to the local domain
- Back up and transfer files to new workstations, while performing system upgrades.
- Image Laptops/Desktops using the Acronis Imaging software
- Ensure upgrades to the base IT and communications infrastructure are identified and assists customers in developing and submitting recommendations for additional equipment and funds.
- Respond to trouble reports in Remedy Action Request System by analyzing problems, providing solutions, and recommending actions necessary to avoid future difficulties such as enhancing, replacing, or modifying existing programs, applications, and equipment.
- Maintain records of analyses, tests, and the techniques and procedures applied in problem resolution to establish a record of activities for future use.
- Coordinate between system customers, system support personnel, and commercial vendors to identify and resolve hardware, software, and other system issues.
Confidential 5/2009-Present Washington, DC
Military Police Officer, Confidential Provide support to the battlefield by conducting battlefield circulation control, area security, prisoner of war operations, civilian internee operations, law and order operations on the battlefield and stateside
- Support to the peacetime Army community through security of critical Army resources, crime prevention programs and preservation of law and order.
- Perform as a team member in support of battlefield operations, installation law and order operations and security of Army resources and installations.
Confidential 2/2008-4/2009 Washington, DC Security Officer, Confidential Provide premises security and surveillance to several Howard University campus buildings
Confidential 10/2007-2/2008 Oxon Hill, MD Administrative Assistant, Confidential Provide assistance to the CEO with customer/ client administrative tasks. Taking calls, scheduling jobs, and billing.
- Answer phones andchecking the voicemail to schedule customer jobs.
- Create invoices for completed customer jobs. Faxingand or mailing the invoices and retrieving mail fromthe P.O. Box.
- Copy and process the checks intothe computer.
- File paid invoices and check copies into the customer's folder.
- Total the checks andmaking a daily bank deposit.
- Organize and fileother miscellaneous documents into their respectivefolders.
Computer Science Major
Active Secret (Department of Defense)
Available Upon Request