To obtain a professional technical position, that will enable me to utilize my extensive Desktop Engineering skills , and customer service skills in a growing and stable Information Technology environment, that will allow me to be a valuable company asset in a Microsoft Windows Network.
11/11-present Confidential, Washington, DC Desktop Technician
- Responsible for hardware and software installations.
- Performed workstation setups, and OS upgrades.
- Performed network, and local printer installations,
- Decommissioned pcs using Wipe Drive Pro software
- Configured laptops for wireless, printers, and software.
8/11-9/11 Confidential, Washington, DC PC Deployment Technician
- Responsible for imaging of desktop pcs
- Installed COTS software as needed after image was complete
- Ran Group Policy updates, windows, and antivirus updates
- Managed Deployment schedule in Excel database.
11/10-5/11 Confidential, Washington, DC Desktop Engineer
- Help Desk and Deskside Support for 1000 Windows users.
- Network support for Windows Server, Win XP, and Win 7 OS.
- Used SCCM to update servers and client pcs
- Installed HP network printers, Ricoh scanners, and copiers.
- Supported Remote Access users with VPN, and Citrix
- Performed Inventory Management using Remedy database.
8/10-10/10 Confidential, Washington, DC Deployment Technician
- Utilized Heat ticketing system for asset tracking during pc moves
- PC network connectivity support for Windows OS installation.
- Utilized SCCM to upgrade pc images from Win XP to Win 7.
- Performed break/fix process for all pcs and peripheral hardware.
5/10-7/10 Confidential, Washington, DC Help Desk Analyst
- Help Desk technical support via phone and SMS.
- Utilized Remedy database for ticket tracking and asset control.
- Imaged pcs and laptops using Symantec software..
- Assisted users with MS Office 03 and 07,and Win XP.
- Administered users accounts in Active Directory.
11/09-05/10 Confidential, Bethesda, Md. Desktop Engineer/Installation Specialist.
- Migrated users from Microsoft Office 2003 to MS Office 2007.
- Installed PGP encryption software manually.
- Utilized Footprints database for tracking software installs.
- Monitored all PGP installations via PGP Universal Server.
- Prepared weekly status reports using MS Office.
08/09-11/-09 Confidential, Wash. D.C. Customer Support Analyst
- Performed Help Desk and Desktop support functions
- Installed and supported COTS software
- Break /Fix for network, and local printers.
- Imaged Dell laptops and desktops using Symantec
- Prepared weekly status reports
- Installed Pointsec encryption software.
04/08-03/09 Confidential, Wash D.C. Help Desk Network Engineer
- Provided onsite support for 35 users with Heat database.
- Prepared weekly IT Activity Reports
- Setup Polycom for VTC..
- Responsible for calibration of printers to meet staff requests.
- Installed local and network printers.
- Responsible for all hardware and software installations.
- Managed HP Tape Library.
10/07-11/07 Confidential, Wash. D.C. Desktop Support Technician
- Imaged desktops, and laptops using Symantec Ghost.
- Supported Windows Vista, Win XP operation systems.
- Supported MS Office Suite 2003 and 2007and MS Exchange.
- Performed inventory on all IT related assets using Remedy database.
04/07-07/07 Confidential, Arlington, Va. Traveling Desktop Engineer
- 100% Travel in USA performing site upgrades.
- Installed Windows Server 2003, Cisco switches, and routers.
- Performed network, and local printer setups.
- Installed Windows Vista upgrades on workstations.
- Provided end user training on new workstation installations
09/06-03/07 Confidential, Largo, Md. Desktop Support Specialist
- Configured Wireless access for remote users
- Responsible for asset management using Remedy database.
- Responsible for configuring Network printers and copiers.
- Applied software updates using SMS and SCCM..
- Setup workstations using Cisco VOIP and Cisco phones.
11/05-07/06 Confidential, Wash. D.C. Migration Specialist/ Desktop Support Technician
- Imaged, and installed over 50 laptops using Symantec Ghost
- Managed users accounts in Active Directory.
- Utilized SMS to install images form server to workstations.
11/04-06/05 Confidential, Wash. D.C. Desktop Support Technician
- Performed desktop deployment and migration for over 100pcs.
- Setup workstations utilizing Cisco VOIP connection and MAC.
- Responsible for wireless configurations on all laptops.
- Supported Lotus Notes and Domino Server.
03/02-05/04 Confidential, Wash. D.C Help Desk Analyst
- Provided technical phone support for large user base.
- Software support using remote desktop for Windows workstation.
- Remote Access support for connectivity to VPN, and Citrix server
- Supported MS Office Suite.2000
07/99-5/02 Confidential, Va. Technical Support Analyst
- Remote Access technical support for Medical Transcriptionist.
- Dial up connectivity and VPN support.
- MS Office support and proprietary software support
02/95-5/99 Confidential, Vienna, Va. Technical Support Rep / Software Tester
- 100% Technical phone support in Call Center environment.
- Dial up connectivity support, and software installation support.
- Performed Alpha and Beta testing for AOL software.
- Assisted Quality Assurance team with writing test scripts.
- Trained users on navigation of AOL software.
- B.A. Business Administration
- Computer Science minor
- Certified Help Desk Professional (STI)
Special Skills MS Exchange, Lotus Notes, MS Office, Active Directory, Windows OS and Windows Server, MAC OS, SCCM, SMS, PGP Encryption. Cisco VOIP, Citrix, VPN, Symantec Ghost, Cisco Routers and Switches,Polycom, VTC, Dameware, LANDesk Norton and MacAfee. NETIQ.VMware. Adobe. Blackberry. Remedy, Magic, Heat. Sharepoint. SQL