Experienced Network administrator with an extensive background in Network administration, project management, PC hardware and software implementation, desktop support. Recognized for outstanding customer service skills, composure under tight deadlines, and the ability to work well autonomously as well as part of a team.
IBM PC's and compatibles, COMPAQ, HP, Dell servers, IBM Bladecenter servers, 3COM switches, Cisco Routers, 2800, 5500 ASA, 6500. Cisco Catalyst switches 3550, 2950G-48. Linksys, D-Link, E4200, E3200 Wireless Routers, EMC Celerra, HP StorageWorks, tape libraries, Storage area Network SAN products, Netapp, IBM Tivoli, VMware update manager
Novell Netware 3, 4, 5, 6X, Networks, ZENworks Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server Workstation, 2000, XP, 2003/2008R2 server, Exchange 5.5, 2003, 2010 Microsoft Office products, Active Directory, Group Policies, Unicenter software, Checkpoint, Aventail VPN, TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS, DNS, cc: Mail, Groupwise, Citrix 1.8, XP, 4.0, 4.5 Presentation server, GoToMyPC, Netilla, Veritas Backupexec 10.5, and Arcserve for Netware. Microsoft SQL server 7.0, 2000, Crystal reports 8.0, 8.5. Patchlink Siemens OAS Gold, HBOC, Ghost 8.0, SMS, SCCM, VNC, Altiris, Wise, Radia Deployment Solutions, Cisco WebEx, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, VMware 4.0 server, 7.1.3 for Windows workstation, ESX, ESXi Hypervisors, VMware conversion utility, vSphere, VMware HA clustering, VMware data recovery. McAfee, Symantec, Check point, ZoneAlarm, WatchGuard V11, ConnectWise 2011.1, Landesk, asset management software, AVG, Blackberry, BES, Cisco VOIP, Meridian, Nortel, Nagios for Windows server monitoring.
Network Administrator / Contractor
- Assist in design and implementation of projects, systems, and procedures to meet business goals.
- Provide administration and support of Exchange server 2007, 2010, Outlook clients, OWA, and Active Sync.
- Project lead for server and application projects, work with all levels of corporate management.
- Maintain 3rd level support for desktop team, manage desktop technicians, provide documentation and training for junior staff members, keep up with evolving technologies in the market place.
- Manage Windows environment through multi-domain Active Directory GPOs, images, security.
- Utilize Terminal Server, SMS, SCCM, VNC, Altiris, Cisco WebEx, LogMeIn, ConnectWise for remote support.
- Provide 24 x 7 support, adhere to corporate change mgmt, problem mgmt, time mgmt protocols.
- Administer Blackberry Enterprise server BES, Blackberry hand held devices, and other smart phones.
- Application / Patch deployment using login script, Group Policy, SMS, SCCM software tools, Patchlink, Altiris, Ghost distribution products, ZENworks. Install and configure Microsoft SQL and IIS components.
- Maintain and support backup solutions, disaster recovery and SAN products, including EMC Celerra, Netapp.
- Utilize VMware for data recovery, VMware HA high availability clustering, Vcenter server for monitoring all VM's.
- Build and maintain Citrix presentation server farm, both physical and virtual machines, server VM's, VDI with Citrix ZenDesktop, publish applications as needed to support departmental and client needs.
- Perform server builds, upgrades to HW, SW, application support, desktop support, roll-outs, project mgmt, inventory tracking, asset management, VMware P to V conversions to consolidate server hardware.
- Provide support for all LAN / WAN operating systems, application products, and server hardware supporting Microsoft Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008R2 servers. Implement, configure, update and maintain network hardware components as needed which include: servers, routers, switches, hubs, firewalls. Maintain network, desktop software components as needed which include: Windows NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Windows 2007, MS Exchange 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2010. Perform Network and internet administration tasks including: security, virus protection, firewalls, Network monitoring troubleshooting, email, Web server configuration IIS. Configure DNS, DHCP Scopes, Active Directory, install support and troubleshoot all company related desktop software components. Configure and enhance corporate Active Directory infrastructure for organizational needs, document Network environment, utilize SharePoint 2007/2010.
- Experienced working in small environments as well as large Enterprise Networks.
- Experienced using Cisco, Checkpoint and WatchGuard for Network security.
- Responsible for the installation, upgrade and support of all server and LAN / WAN / SAN operating systems, application products, and server hardware. Implement, configure, update and maintain network hardware components as needed which include: servers, routers, switches, hubs, fire walls and wiring closets. Maintain network software components as needed which include: Win NT, 2000, 2003, XP, MS Exchange and MS Office. Perform network and internet administration tasks including: security, virus protection, firewalls, network monitoring / troubleshooting, email, web server configuration IIS. Configure, install and maintain all company related desktop hardware and software components. Configure Active Directory infrastructure that meets the needs of the organization.
- Performed Network administration on 100 servers including: Novell Netware, Microsoft Windows NT, Microsoft Windows 2000 / 2003, Exchange 2003 / 5.5, Citrix Metaframe 1.8, XP and Netilla remote products.
- Provided second and third level technical support for PC and Network Customer Support calls requiring escalation, successfully solving customer issues in a timely manner.
- Participated in the design, configuration and troubleshooting of Networks and microcomputer hardware and software, setup Windows 2000 advanced server with fail over clustering.
- Performed quarterly disaster recovery sessions to assure complete Network recovery.
- Build, supported Citrix Metaframe 1.8 / XP servers and published applications for remote user access.
- Worked with Microsoft's SMS software for large scale application roll-outs and remote control.
- Supported VPN client management with Checkpoint firewall software.
- Supported Microsoft SQL 7.0 and Sybase database applications.
- Attend quarterly disaster recovery sessions at Sungard per employer HIPAA requirements.
- Documented new applications and systems upon installation for future reference.
Network Administrator / Contractor
- Provide all levels of Network / desktop support for Avetel's external customer base which includes:
- Provide Installation of Network servers, upgrade applications, desktop equipment, manage projects.
- Provide level 3 support for customer issues, document new installs and upgrades for future reference.
- Maintain asset management database, software licenses, and warranty information on equipment.
- Attend quarterly disaster recovery sessions, keep up with new technologies.
Senior PC Specialist/Network Support
Provide installation and support for all desktop requirements. Perform daily routine maintenance of Novell 3.12 network, setting up user accounts and corresponding access rights, file management, network monitoring, performed routine backup of servers.