- Experience with MS Windows Server, Exchange Server administration and Active Directory.
- Troubleshooting and training in MS Windows and MS Office applications.
- Helpdesk experience on numerous projects strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- TCP/IP protocols in LAN environment.
- Used software utilities to monitor, secure, troubleshoot e.g. Remedy and remotely assist VNC, LANDesk Bomgar remote software, Cisco VPN, etc. with computers and the LAN WAN.
- Solid understanding of network and connectivity issues.
- Systems support, maintenance, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, repair of personal computers and peripheral products, as well as Local Area Networks LANs .
- Helping to develop information management strategies to assure effective problem solving/analysis. Strong understanding of IT management concepts, including one or more of the following: strategic planning, Strong analytical skills, Self-directed and able to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills oral and written and customer service skills.
- Technical Skills: MS Windows Server ... MS Exchange Active Directory, MS Windows XP, Windows 7 MS Office 2010 2013 Remedy, VMware, MS Lync, Cisco VPN, TCP/IP, Routers, Switch, Hubs, DNS, DHCP, IP Configuration Setup and configure of video conferencing equipment. Installation of twisted pair and thin ethernet coax network cable.
- Provide on-site computer technical services for the Department of Labor DOL doing the duties listed below.
- Provide assistance to internal and external users to maintain and troubleshoot a variety of issues. Assisted with adding users, conducting necessary modifications, system access, permission changes, password resets.
- Resolve issues resulting from support tickets, calls received, email requests as well as verbal requests to resolve issues. Identify, research and resolve technical problems. Document, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Communicate and coordinate with other technical resources such as team members, peer technical teams, programmers, DBA's and Network Engineers.
- Assist in evaluating and recommending new or enhanced approaches to delivering information
- Provide helpdesk support for web based application for the internal, satellite offices and outside agencies. Also communicate and work with agencies and who assist in maintaining the application.
- Assist to develop information management strategies to assure effective business strategy, problem solving/analysis and customer support.
- Manage user account through Active Directory Unlock account, Password Reset, Update Information . Provide network support to end-users for desktops laptops Windows 7, Vista, XP, and Mac O/S , server, mainframe applications, and hardware
- Install and configure applications software and related hardware for LANWAN systems such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, network drives and hard drives, monitors and hardware .
- Resolve network related issues internet connectivity, printers, network and shared drives and resources
- Assist end-user and IT specialist requests by phone, email, remotely and web to resolve and trouble issues.
- Provide users support for PASS, Peoplesoft, ACEDS SOAR and other applications.
- Create, respond, resolve and escalate Remedy tickets as necessary to the proper support groups. Each ticket must have troubleshooting documentation that explains the problem, the troubleshooting steps taken on the problem and the status or resolution to the problem to ensure customer satisfaction and quality assurance
- Provide timely responses to client and management requests. Status updates on such requests provided on a regular basis as needed.
- I followed set policies and procedures when assisting clients to ensure proper handling of requests.
Technical Support Helpdesk Analyst
- Provided technical support, repair and installation for PC hardware and software issues for computers running Windows 2000/XP operating systems in an active directory environment, as well as, printers, scanners and other peripherals. I manage Active Directory setting up computers, logins and permissions. I create and manage network and shared folders and setting permissions. Hardware and peripheral repair and installation
- Set up new and relocated computers. Install networked, local and shared printers. I configure laptops for wireless broadband and VPN access. Keep inventory of all computer systems computers, printers, laptops broadband cards . I configure emails on MS Outlook, also setting up and configuring shares for emails, calendars, etc. on computer systems, also setting up Blackberries for Exchange Server connectivity.
- Resolve issues resulting from support tickets, calls received, email requests as well as verbal requests to resolve issues. Train users on software, such as, Microsoft software and web based applications.
- I perform client software configuration installations and software debugging.
- Assist in evaluating and recommending new or enhanced approaches to delivering information technology and data services and to assure effective problem solving/analysis. Assists in developing information technology policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Assist with testing and analyzing the web based application and giving the status of the system and projects.
- Collaborated and maintain communication with outside contractors and vendors such as Office of the Chief Technology Officer OCTO and departments within OCTO such as the Network Operations Center NOC to maintain and troubleshoot the WAN and LAN system.
- Provide WITS/DATA website system administration and helpdesk support for web based applications to satellite offices and outside agencies. Also communicate with vendors who maintain and upgrade the products. Troubleshoot user issues and system problems resulting from calls received, emails and helpdesk ticketing system to resolve issues. Setting up and/or removing users, as well as, resolving any issues received from calls or requests.
- Provided Server administration. I monitored MS Windows 2000 and 2003 servers. Also perform various duties which involved Active Directory on the servers such as creating shared folders and setting permissions on the shared network drives, user and server management.
- Provided Exchange Server Administration added mailboxes/users and groups, configuring emails in Outlook on workstations, as well as, setting up and configuring shares for emails, calendars, etc.
- Provided user support directly and/or remotely to resolve PC hardware and software issues for computers running Windows 2000 Windows XP operating systems, as well as, printers, scanners and other peripheral issues. Provide user support for LAN based applications. Resolved issues resulting from calls received through help desk as well as verbal requests to resolve issues.
- Installed and maintained Windows 2000/XP and other software applications and hardware.
- Maintained and operated satellite system, server and onboard LAN of 13 computers for the computerized D.O.E.S. One Stop Mobile Unit van and keep contact with vendor and ISP.
- Troubleshoot LAN connections and network devices routers, hubs, switches to correct network connectivity problems.
- Met with IT to discuss upgrades, applications, patches and equipment in an effort to improve the network and made recommendations on these issues.
- Maintained communication with outside contractors and vendors OCTO who assisted in the maintenance of the WAN, computers, peripherals and other products under warranty or service, schedule repairs, as well as, vendors needed for purchasing such products.
- Provided Windows 2000 Server administration duties, creating domains, groups, adding users, monitoring the server and troubleshooting server issues.
- Responsible for Exchange Server administration adding users, mailboxes/users, and setting up e-mail on workstations.
- Provided user support for PC hardware and software issues as well as printers, scanners and peripherals using IT Trouble Ticket System software and verbal requests to resolve issues.
- Installed and maintained hardware and software applications.
- Trained Youth Opportunity YO students and staff in Computer Technology, MS Office Suite programs and the functions and operational procedures of the equipment.
- Setup, maintain and operate Polycom Video Conferencing equipment. Perform offsite technical support for installation of Polycom Video Conferencing at other YO sites.
- Tracked and maintained inventory of computers, monitors, printers, and other equipment.
- Provided support for a UNIX system to 175 on-line users. Troubleshoot the server.
- Duties included system maintenance, system back up, information recovery management, daily electronic funds transfer EFT , electronic daily report generation, and tape loads.
- Installed and configured 300 Windows NT workstations on an NT 4.0 network at their Washington, D.C. offices and other Paternity and Child Support locations.
- Installed and configured terminal emulation software on 150 workstations to connect to the UNIX host.
- Provided in-house Windows NT 4.0 2000 Server network administration.
- Exchange Server administration adding mailboxes/users, creating distribution lists, as well as forwarding mail to other e-mail sources, etc.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity, repairs and assembly of computers running on the NT 4.0 network for corporate headquarters.
- Provided software, hardware, and network cabling installations, as well as voice line installations for fax machines, modems, and the Internet Server.
- Provided support for a UNIX system to 175 on-line users.
- Included system maintenance, system back up, information recovery management, electronic daily report generation, tape loads and troubleshooting of server.
- Installed and configured 300 Windows NT workstations on an NT 4.0 network at the Washington, D.C. Offices of Paternity and Child Support OPCSE .
- Installed/configured terminal emulation software on workstations to connect to UNIX host.
- Installed CAT.3 voice lines and 10Base T CAT.5 data lines. I also upgraded CAT 3 and CAT 5 for voice lines and network workstations at WSSC Corporate Headquarters and remote sites.
- Installed and repaired of CD-ROMs, NIC and Ethernet cards, video cards, motherboards, hard drives, floppy drives, logic boards, printers, optical readers and memory.
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of PC's and peripherals in a network environment.