- Seven year background in Information Technology with a focus on end user and system support.
- Electrical Engineering Technology A.A.S Degree, ITT Technical Institute, Springfield VA,(Current Student)
- Administration of Cisco IP Phones (7900 series) using Call Manager and Unity for voicemail.
- Support Polycom VSX 7000, HDX 9000, CMA, PBX and Tanburg video conference systems.
- Assistance with teleconference meetings, via WebEx, IP Communicator and Skype.
- Familiar with Barracuda spam filters, firewall/network appliances, cisco routers, MPLS and ISP connections.
- Configuration of desktops, laptops, smart phones, tablet computers and wireless devices.
- Data analytics and manipulation with Transact SQL, Access and Excel.
- Application development using Visual Studio 2010 and SQL Server 2000-2008.
- System imaging; SMS, Altiris and LANDesk.
- Installation/configuration of operating systems including: Windows 2000, XP, 7, MAC OS 10.4-10.6.
- Train new hires on network/system usage and writing documentation.
- A+ Essentials Certification (Exam: 220-701) CompTIA.
- Network +. (In progress)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (Exam: 70-210) Windows 2000 Professional Administration.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (Exam: 70-229) MS SQL Server Database Administration.
- ITIL HDI Desktop Support Technician (Certification).
- Introduction to SQL Programming (Certificate).
Career Goals Utilize my acquired talents from end user support, systems administration and data analytics to progress in the Information Technology field.
Soft Skills Strengths
- Giving, kind and considerate.
- Ability to work independently.
- Zeal for wisdom and personal development.
- Desire to help and make a deposit in the lives of others.
- Fulfillment in teaching and working as a team to attain a common goal.
Education, Training and Course Work Completed
- University of Maryland University College UMUC, Bachelor of Social Science. (In progress)
- Southeastern University, Liberal Studies, Washington D.C. (Completed sophomore year)
- Network Administration Certificate Program, Stratford College.
- Nextec Computer Training Center, MCSA Program.
Senior Desktop Support Technician (Tier III) January 2009 - Present Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
- Tier 3 technical support for 200+ users in executive headquarters.
- Video /Voice conferencing with Polycom VSX/HDX and WebEx systems.
- Telecom/IP Phone with Cisco Call Manager and configuring desk /conference phones.
- Imaging/patching desktops and laptops with Altiris/LANDESK software.
- System builds, software installs and troubleshooting various end user/ customer support.
Data Analyst/Network Administrator June 2008-January 2009 Confidential, Washington, DC
- Data management/manipulation on production systems at a retail distributer.
- Import/export customer and transfer data into Access, SQL Server 2000 and Blue Vista (Unix).
- Format excel spreadsheets and flat files.
- Configure SQL queries and run financial reports.
- Prepare/ print invoices from tie line and delivery logs.
- Create barcodes and update all in-house applications.
- Tech support for five production centers in the DC metro area.
- Create user accounts, email and setup laptops/desktops.
Senior Desktop Support Technician/Help Desk Analyst September 2007 - June 2008 Confidential, Silver Spring Maryland
- Technical support for roughly 150 customers in-house and 4 satellite offices in an Windows 2000/ XP professional environment.
- Dispatch coverage (rotating 2-4 hour shifts daily) on the helpdesk line including: processing emails and receiving phone calls for 1200 employees.
- Application deployments on projects with software development.
- Take on escalations from Jr. Level helpdesk technicians and forward engineering/DBA and development issues to responsible parties.
- Blackberry handheld devices with over-air enterprise activation and instructions on usage.
- Verizon PC/USB Air Card WWAN connections.
- Laptops/desktops and printer setups for telecommuters.
- Soft phone for routing/forwarding of Avaya extensions.
- Create domain and exchange accounts for new hires.
- Citrix published applications, ICA Web Client and Extranet.
- Conduct interviews for tier 1 helpdesk positions.
Tier II Desktop Support Technician October 2004 September 2007 Confidential, Chantilly Virginia
- Provide end-user support to the corporate headquarters and four call centers.
- Mixed operating system environment including: Windows NT 4.0, 2000 and XP Professional.
- Application support on MS Office Outlook, Excel, Word and Access 2000/2003.
- Work with engineering on various projects including: server builds, patch panel/switch cabling,training setups, DR preparation and volunteering on system maintenance implementations.
- Managing Data Center inventory, adding new systems to racks, updating KVMs and monitoring power management using APC utilities.
- Removal of malicious software using AdwareSE, Windows Defender and Symantec Anti-virus.
- Assist software development in production releases with test environments including smoke and actual implementation.
- Key member in switch/patch panel re-cabling which was conducted during maintenance windows primarily over night.
- Seven day on-call rotation.
Operations Team Lead January 2002 October 2004 Confidential, Chantilly Virginia
- Supervised a team of 8 employees in a printing and mailing department.
- Consistently monitored daily numbers to make sure production goals were met.
- Organized scheduling to assure that fulfillment of customer notifications including: printing, inserting and quantity of out-going mail met deadlines.
Confidential March 1999 January 2002
- Quality assurance of member account information.
- Assisted purchasing with inventory.
- Data entry duties using in-house applications excel spreadsheets and access databases.