Seeking a permanent career opportunity in the IT Support field as a Desktop Support Technician.
- Bureau of the Census
- Provided support to New York Regional Census Center for running reports in Census provided software.
- Provided support to Dept. of Commerce programmers in diagnosing problems with proprietary databases.
- Corrected phone issue in Paterson Census office
Imperial Credit Corp
- Developed images used on 750 PCs and 250 laptops for a Windows XP Professional and Active Directory rollout
- Reduced support calls by 50 in first year
- Developed images to be used on 450 PCs and 200 laptops for a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit rollout through Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2
- Corrected SATA driver installation issue on GX 520 with Dell engineers
- Corrected issue with Lenovo T430 laptop, Windows 7 64 bit and Cisco Anyconnect
- OS experience, Windows 8 and 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit and Professional 32 bit, Windows 7 Ultimate, Professional, Enterprise, and Home 32 and 64 bit , Vista, XP, Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008R2, 2012, Exchange 2000 and 2003, TurboLinux Server 6.5, 7, 10,
- Office 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, Open Office, Corel Suite 8 Word Perfect, Paradox .
- HP Printers and scanners, Bell Howell scanners.
- Adobe PhotoShop CS 2.
- tcp/ip, Active Directory, wireless 802.11b, g, and n, Cisco VPN client side ,
- PC Anywhere 11 and 12, Symantec Ghost 6.5, 8, 11,
- MS Sysprep, SCCM 2007 R2, Windows AIK, Windows Deployment Workbench, remote desktop terminal services , and Crystal Reports 6.5 and 8. BASIC programming.
- Setup workstations for new employees
- Breakdown workstations for terminations
- Rebuild replacement drives to resolve issues
- Build drives for Windows 7 upgrade and migrate user settings for 12,850 machines deploy Windows 7 64bit image to bare drive enter user into McAfee Endpoint push software packages to each drive from Tivoli migrate user settings from Windows XP 32 bit to Windows 7 64bit using the Microsoft User State Migration Tool Configure the software with the user Office suite, Oracle client, ODBC, SQL Developer, etc. check all data transferred verify HP network printers
Desktop Support - Proprietor
- Repair and upgrade computers and maintained Windows networks and Access databases for various clients. Medicast
- Network setup Linksys routers, Cisco switches, hubs ,administration and instruction
- Installed the cabling CAT 5e , hub, and wall jacks for a 20 MAC workstation network.
- Install, configure and maintain Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Advanced Server 2000 installation and configuration
- Install Exchange 2000 and configure user accounts
- Build, optimize , troubleshoot and repair workstations and home computers
- Software installation , configuration and instruction
Network Management Engineer
- Create and update Windows XP images with Symantec Ghost for about 1000 machines of various model Dell PCs and IBM Lenovo laptops
- Applying images with Symantec Ghost to drives to repair machines and reduce user downtime
- Resolving escalated Support Desk Issues
- Custom configurations ie.2 and 3 different versions of Sybase installed on same machine, 16 and 32 bit
- HP network printer installs
- Set up Bell Howell and Brother scanner PCs and instruct users
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues with remote offices and Cisco VPN clients
- Create detailed documentation for install and use of assorted software
- Maintain inventory database in Lotus Notes
- Research and document software security issue resolutions either by installing software or editing the registry
- Identify and resolve issues that possibly could increase Help Desk calls
- Create Windows 7 OS deployment package with Microsoft Deployment Workbench and Automated Installation Kit for companywide rollout to about 650 machines through SCCM 2007 R2
- Assist senior admins with various projects including Exchange migration from 5.5 to 2003 and Active Directory
- Engineer Windows 7 image and deployment methods Ghost and SCCM
- Supported General Counsel and compliance officers with document and connectivity issues hotel wireless and VPN
Technical Lab Instructor -
- Lab Instructor for Microsoft Office 2000 and 2003 Specialist Certification.
- Maintained Exchange Server 2000 and Active Directory Advanced Server 2000 for the Outlook classes.
- Help Desk - Level 1 and Level 2 Support.
- Build and maintain home office Linksys router, cable modem, firewall, Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus for Medical Case Management contractor.
- Document conversion Corel Word Perfect 8 to Microsoft Word 2000
- Security and back-ups using Microsoft's built in back-up utility and Microsoft Security Essentials
- Update upgrade equipment as needed to maintain security and file integrity. From Windows 98 to Windows 8.1
- Maintained a LAN with 15 Dell workstations running Win 95, 5 HP printers, 1 Dell Poweredge server
- running Novell 4 and Zenworks, 1 Cisco 2501/Dual serial router, 1 Cisco 1924 switch, and 5 Symbol LS 4000 Series Barcode Readers. Corrected issue with phone system. And provide support for up to 200 users on various PeopleSoft Software and Corel Office Suite 8 provided by the Bureau of the Census.