- US Government Agencies worked as contractor: NASA, US Army Corps of Engineers, US Dept. of Labor OSHA, Commerce, Customs, Amtrak, Defense, Transportation
- Certifications: Security CISSP in progress , A , Microsoft Linux PC Cisco, ITIL foundation training CCNA
- Microsoft Windows 2 years experience all versions
- Cisco switches, routers, VOIP phone systems, Cisco IOS
- Sun Microsystems 10 years experience HW knowledge of most Ultra/Enterprise models 450, 6500, etc
- IBM Corporation Member - Partners for Software, training in Websphere, DB-2
- Red Cross Certifications: CPR, First Aid
- United States Coast Guard Auxiliary Member volunteer 2005 present. Secret Security Clearance - current
Windows Active Directory, UNIX SUSE Apache Hadoop HDFS, Sun Solaris, SUNOS 12 yrs , Linux Red Hat, Windows migration, PCI Compliance, Samba Debian, Suse 6 yrs , Windows 22 yrs server desktop support, Veritas Volume Manager, Netbackup 8 yrs Legato, EMC Symmetrix Clarion SAN , NAS ,AIX, Shell scripts Korn, C, Perl, Awk Novell 4yrs , Apache Web, Tivoli, PC/Mac, minis mainframes Help Desk, IBM technical skills including - Windows 95/98/ME, Visio, Adobe Framemaker, Exchange, DISA STIG SMS, IIS, TCP/IP, DHCP, SMTP Gateways, NetWare, IPX/SPX, Ethernet, Wireless 802.11b , Mac-OS, Cisco Routers/Switches, Security systems, Firewalls, Sybase, SQL, PVCS, CVS, Informix, technical support of all Office apps, Veritas, Linux, IRIX, Oracle, MVS, Notes, Domino, LDAP, RAID 1, RAID 0 , OS-2, FDDI, Perl, VAX, VMS, AS400, HP, telecom systems, voice-mail, GPS Global Positioning System Coast Guard Certified, IBM WebSphere, Red Hat Linux, Hitachi switch, SAN, Middleware, Remedy Ticket system, DreamWeaver web design, SCSI, Sophos anti virus, JAVA, Wintel
- SUSE Linux server builds and testing. Manage software development projects which included Defense audits, NISPOM regulations, Active Directory management, Altiris support, manage data cluster, Cisco VOIP, UCS, Apache Hadoop HDFS XML files and databases etc. Build and support Unix RedHat Linux, Z-Linux and Sun Solaris, AIX and Windows systems, Checkpoint Firewall systems, Blackberry BES support, Cisco UCS
- HP Blade systems, Citrix XenApp servers and networks for US Air Force projects. Service Oriented Architecture application support. Build several VMWare systems, Oracle databases, Java and Weblogic, Apache Web Server, and PostgreSQL helpdesk and software support. I have extensive experience with vulnerability testing and security auditing using tools from many vendors including Fortify, IBM Rational , App Detective, RAID, SCSI storage systems, Nagios monitoring. CMMI training. Cisco IOS configuration
Migrated and thoroughly documented the procedures to migrate from various environments to the latest version of Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows.Created scripts to automate the process of executing inter-org migrations to Exchange 2003, 2007, and 2010. Developed custom solutions and applications to increase automation and efficiency
- Sr. Systems Administrator in large data centers 1000 servers with all models of Systems and SAN NAS NetApp , SCSI, Redhat, Veritas, clusters, Egenera Bladefame, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, Hyperion, HP Proliant servers, Windows, EMC, RAID 1 . Build new servers and update existing systems. helpdesk support. PCI Compliance Configure VMWare ESX, Oracle RAC, Storage and WebMethods for software engineering and QA used ticketing and inventory management system. Supported Lotus Notes, Windows XP migration, VPN Remote Citrix and on-site administration of data center and facilities management.
- EMC Hopkinton, MA 2005-2006 - consultant Support engineers in corporate HQ. Build out infrastructure of 1000 servers. Install VMWare ESX, GSX, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux RedHat Suse , IBM AIX, Z-Linux, Fiber channel adapter configuration, Nagios monitoring, configure Navisphere, Powerpath
Windows XP migration supported IT Data Center with 30 Sun systems, 45 Windows systems Windows 2003 Server. Project management. Data Warehousing. Support ABRA payroll and financial systems. Upgrade OS, MacOS 9.x, OSX VMware, AS-400 Operations support, Ghost image, WinInstall, support users, accounting systems and network ADIC tape systems Microsoft Exchange migration 2000 to 2003 . Wrote and edited Shell scripts. Support Linux cluster, kickstart jumpstart server setup, StorageTek tape silos, and UNIX Sendmail, Veritas Volume Manager, Netbackup, HSM Hierarchical Storage Management, EMC software: TimeFinder, Brocade switches FreeBSD, RedHat servers, EMC Storage systems Symmetrix, Clariion , Sun Sunfire V880, V440, V240, E6800, E10K setup supporting Solaris 6,7,8,9,10
Desktop and server support, supported Cisco VOIP phone system. NetInstall, Windows XP, 2003 2000. IPX,SPX, Installed configured Citrix server for remote users. Microsoft Exchange migration 5.5 to 2003 . Access database management. Monitor systems with HP Openview. Upgraded desktops 2000 XP, Office 2003 . Ghost image Supported financial systems, firewalls, SOAP, Java system support, Linux Cisco IP Telephony.
Manage Sun servers, PC's desktop support in research LAB. Veritas Volume Manager, Netbackup, administration. Supported multiple workstations in Lab environment. Wrote Perl Scripts to support project.
Unix computer instructor. Teaching students Linux for career advancement. Wrote documentation for class. part time consulting Linux Windows 2000 workstation setup in classrooms, MS SQL Server 2000 configuration.
part time Beowulf Cluster build work with a lab at MIT Project GNU on building Linux cluster Debian , AIX 4.33, 5.1 in Material Science Dept. Manage part time consulting . Worked on wireless 802.11b and GRID projects. Worked with Laboratory of Computer Science LCS and AI Artificial Intelligence Lab. Tested products, Art Enterprise, etc. part time consulting
Business Systems Analyst/Systems Administrator Working at client sites - Cambridge Health Alliance. Integration of hospital billing/ accounting system on Sun Solaris/ Windows 2000/XP. Manage Access database Excel files. Project management,. Peoplesoft, Oracle, Meditech Financial application, implemented HIPAA Privacy Standard Compliance. Tech support. Bilingual Customer Service- Spanish, Portuguese
Install, configure, integrate Video on Demand Sun Solaris 8, Unix, Win2000 servers Starfire 4800 , Informix DB, IBM Websphere AIX 4 5 Tivoli servers. for cable TV company. Travel around USA to various facilities to install SAN. Expert documentation for systems integration and project management. manage/support Unix Linux NT servers for internet hosting company, backup systems BRU , Wrote and edited Shell scripts. mail-servers Sendmail Perl scripts, CVS, Exchange 2000 configuring worked with Remedy Ticket system knowledge transfer.
Unix Systems Admin II In charge of multiple Unix servers running HP UX, Sun Solaris 2.6,7,8 configured Veritas Volume Manager and Legato software, manage EMC Symmetrix Clariion systems SAN Storage Area Network support Oracle database, printers. Supported large Compaq HP Proliant and IBM NT servers. Trained systems personnel, workstation support. Setup SAN storage area network Supported Datagate SeeBeyond Middleware systems, UNIX Sendmail updated Java versions, wrote DR disaster recovery plan, installed patches and Y2K fixes, supported Sendmail servers. Cisco switches, DNS , security, mentored IS staff, worked with developers. This is a large conglomerate Hospital organization with 40,000 employees and 500 IT folks and I was the only Unix Systems person.