- I have around 8 years of experience working as Desktop Support.
- I have 7 years of experience in installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops. He has experience with software installation using Remote access to users or Marimba Push.
- I have experience with software and hardware installation, updates and troubleshooting.
- I have strong working experience and knowledge of Windows 7, XP, and Vista including installation and troubleshooting.
- I have experience in Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010 suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) troubleshooting / installation.
- I have experience with Active Directory/Group Policy setup, configuration and administration.
- I have expertise with adding users to Active Directory, Setup group policy, Software installation.
- I have experience with full system installation including local / network printers, scanners, dual monitors, webcam, etc. for clients at clients location and activating ports for new systems installations.
- I have working experience with replacing printers, peripherals, webcams, CardScan, Lable Writers, Scanners, etc.
- I have worked as a part of IMAC team.
- I have experience of showing / teaching users about Windows 7 including outlook.
- I have experience with on-site repair, remote maintenance, data backup and recovery services. He has experience with desktop and laptop imaging, configuring, deploy and installing printers.
- I have experience identifying and removing security threats (virus/spyware/malware).
- I have experience troubleshooting LAN connectivity issues in a TCP/IP environment and also with Wired and Wireless Network Installations conduct system diagnostics.
- I have experience installing and configuring Ethernet network components routers, switches, firewalls.
- I have excellent customer service skills and experience providing end-user training regarding use of computers and networks.
Confidential NW, DC June 2010to Oct 2011Desktop Support Responsibilities
- U.S Department of the Treasury is moving from HP computer system to DELL
- Windows 7 workstation project using McAfee, Symantec, and GuardianEdge
- Configuring new DELL PC and Laptops and deliver them to users sites
- Copy users data to USB drive or Network drive under username folder
- Remove existing old equipment and deployed new DELL system
- Install local and network printers on the new system including scanners
- Show the user about Window 7 for few minutes such as outlook
- I am also on IMAC team for moving users from one office to another
- Setting up new systems for new hire users and set up their profiles
- Added user names and computer names to the domain
- Activate ports for new systems installations before new hire starts
Confidential Washington, DC May 2008 to June 2010Desktop Support Responsibilities:
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7, XP, and Vista (installation, troubleshooting)
- On site repair, remote maintenance, data backup and recovery services
- Experience in Office 2003, 2007 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)/installation
- Experience with PC and laptop imaging, configuring, deploy, and install printers
- Experience in Remedy and Peregrine ticketing systems and create tickets
- Identifying and removing security threats (virus/spyware/malware)
- Experience in troubleshooting LAN connectivity issues in a TCP/IP environment
- Experience in relocation of workstations equipment and set them up in new locations
- Experience in PGP data encryption and hard drive decryption process
- Experience in software Installation using Remote access to users or Marimba Push
- Experience in Wired and Wireless Network Installations conduct system diagnostics
- Experience in adding users to Active Directory, Setup group policy, Software installation
- Experience Monitoring outlook archives data for all AARP users
- Managing Inventory ITS storage and document everything that comes in and out.
- Installing full systems for clients at clients locations
- Full system installation includes dual monitors, printers, Network printers, webcam
Confidential Alexandria, VA Jan 2007 to Feb 2008Desktop Support Responsibilities:
- Active Directory/Group Policy configuration and administration.
- Updates software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Replace printers,peripherals, Webcams, CardScan, Lable Writers, Scanners, etc.
- Quality control follow up testto ensure problem has beenresolved successfully.
- Install and configure Ethernet network components routers, switches, firewalls
- Recommends purchases of computers, network hardware, and software, printers
- Provides end-user training regarding use of computers and networks.
- Managing Active Directory, file permissions, and adding and deleting users
- Maintain inventories and warranties of all computer software hardware.
- Back up users data when Re-image is needed
Confidential Washington, DC Feb 2005 to Dec 2006Help Desk duties Responsibilities:
- Responsible for answering the phone and resolved the problem.
- Created new customers account set up their profile.
- If user account got locked, responsible for unlocking or resetting the password.
Confidential Alexandria, VA Dec 2003 to Jan 2005Desktop Support Responsibilities:
- Worked as a computer lab technician assisting students.
- Responsible for opening student accounts, unlocking their accounts and resetting their password
- Helped students to open files, save files, and print document.
EDUCATION:Bachelor of Sciencein Computer Networking