IT Professional with over 10 years of IT experience including experience in the areas of LAN and WAN, training and support, e-mail and security. Skilled in installing, configuring, troubleshooting and supporting computers in a network environment. To include managing Windows 2000 and 2003 platforms in a production setting, operating system installation, upgrading, patching, and troubleshooting. Possesses a thorough understanding of networking concepts including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, NAT, RAID levels, NTFS file system, file permissions, and file sharing. Proven ability to successfully manage all phases of IT projects from needs analysis and requirements definition to vendor selection, implementation, and training. Work independently with a minimum of supervision.
Computer Help Desk Manager / LAN Administrator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide LAN maintenance and support,
- Responsible for installation, administration, and maintenance of hardware and software for all servers division wide,
- Oversee school wide backup and anti-virus systems,
- Administer Active Directory, including scripts, policies, and securities,
- Perform highly skilled work in the installation, repair, and maintenance of computer hardware and software systems,
- Respond to emergency duty assignments when required,
- Supervise the desktop support staff, Help Desk and PC support operations,
- Develop and implements plans for new technologies to assure technology needs of the faculty, staff and student community are met,
- Manage the Strayer University Online database driven Websites ensuring that they are up-to-date and fully interactive. These aspects include, but are not limited to coding, creating or updating contents, ensuring that all the links are accurate, establishing and maintaining directory structures of the Websites.
- Recommended and conducted the implementation of a Help Desk solution HEAT from the analysis of needs to the complete installation defined the business rules used for the tickets escalation process.
- Implemented Web Farming with the Network Load Balancing Service and Distributed File System DFS in Windows Server 2003 for the Strayer Online website.
- Created, maintained, and enhanced technical and procedural Help Desk documentation,
- Created a big FAQs collection currently used by students and staff over the internet.
Assistant Help Desk Manager/ LAN Administrator
- Performed system administration activities of the network, including system monitoring and performance enhancement providing servers and workstations support and performing general troubleshooting to isolate and resolve system problems,
- Installed and configured new Network servers and user workstations,
- Created and Administered users and computers accounts add, change, configure
- Installed, updated, and modified system software and applications packages as MS Office, PHPLive, Liveperson, RealProducer, NAV, etc on the computer systems to ensure seamless integration into the Strayer Online teaching environment,
- Provided and coordinated technical assistance and training to online faculty and staff,
- Helped manage the Help Desk analysts' team. As Tier 3 Support for the entire Strayer Online network guiding other Help Desk Analysts in day-to-day technical support of the network, provided support on staff and students software and hardware problems.
Help Desk Analyst
- Worked collaboratively with other members of Technical Support to provide Tiers one and two level desk side support to Windows computers and peripheral equipment in a Windows environment used by 200 .,
- Setup workstations for new users, installed, upgraded, modified and troubleshooted computer hardware,
- Answered students' questions to problems of various scales such as Network, Computers, browser plug-ins, Internet security, Software, login on HorizonLive, eCollege and blackboard teaching platforms.
- Taught the basics of computer hardware and Windows 98 to people preparing to take Comptia A examination and Assisted in establishing curricula.
- Custom built and tested PCs
- Created protein sequencing application.
Network Support and Management: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, WINS, Active Directory, Network Balancing,
Operating Systems: Windows 98, NT, 2000 professional, XP, Vista, 2000 and 2003 server, familiarity with Linux, Unix, and Apple MAC OS. Software: installation and deployment including but not limited to Dameware NT utilities, AVAYA CMS supervisor, Veritas Backup Exec ,Microsoft Office Suite, Norton Ghost, HEAT Modules, PHPLive, MS SQL, MySQL, PHP, Norton AV corporate edition, HTML. Hardware: Compaq servers, Dell Power Edge servers, custom PC assembly, Cisco firewall, Cisco routers, hubs, switches, Konica and HP printers.