Technical Support Specialist
- Responsible for answering phone calls to resolve password resets on SQL related software for external and internal clients.
- Provide Desktop Support to internal users to resolve computer issues.
- Image desktops and laptops to company standards using Acronis True Image 2011 and Iperius.
- Backup SQL databases, installed and configured SQL 2005 2008 server for clients.
- Replaced hardware such as memory and power supplies to rebuild computers.
- Reset users' passwords and created users in Active Directory via Windows 2003 2008 Server.
- Used remote tools such as Turbo Meeting and VNC to connect to clients and internal users.
- Replaced old batteries from APC UPS and deployed to end users' workstations.
- Used Lansweeper 5.1.31 to perform computer inventory and provided reporting to management.
- Installed and configured Millennium payroll software for external clients by modifying user rights via SQL.
- Used Active Directory on Server 2003 2008 to add new users, reset passwords and unlock accounts.
- Assisted with setting up cabling and punch downs such as CAT 6 for new company in the office.
Helpdesk Technician/Desktop Support
- Used Trakit ticketing system to log in trouble calls.
- Imaged desktops and laptops to be sent to other stores using Acronis Snap Deploy 4.
- Removed spyware from machines.
- Added hardware to computers such as RAM and local scanners.
- Inventoried computers and POS equipment when returned back to home office.
- Troubleshoot email issues such as Outlook 2010, HP scanning software.
- Installed and troubleshooted Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Provided Desktop Support to end users on issues that couldn't be resolved by phone.
Field Service Engineer
Hardware Support Technician
- Used CA ticketing system to log in trouble calls.
- Replaced printer hardware such as fusers and toners.
- Replaced USB keyboards and mice when determined parts were bad.
- Used Altiris Helpdesk ticket system to log in helpdesk calls.
- Reset users' passwords using Active Directory and Hitachi Password Manager.
- Escalated high priority calls to Level 2 techs and management when appropriate.
- Edited VB scripts to add printers to users' profiles.
- Used Active Directory to unlock passwords and re enabled AD Citrix accounts.
- Used Citrix Console to log users out of hung sessions on different servers.
- Used AS 400 to unlock users' accounts, terminals, and restarted print jobs.
- Added proxy settings to users' profiles in Active Directory and Internet Explorer.
- Unlocked user's accounts via AT T Global VPN.
- Used CA as ticket system to log in Helpdesk calls.
Desktop Support Professional/ Helpdesk Technician
- Coordinated with outside vendors such as Lenovo and Dell to replace laptop and desktop parts under warranty, which included RAM, SATA hard drives, system boards and LCD'S.
- Reimaged laptops back to company standards using Symantec Ghost 11 and migrating back users' data to new hard drives.
- Successfully removed spyware and other viruses by using Malware Bytes, Kaspersky Rootkit remover, and McAfee Antivirus.
- Worked with McAfee Endpoint Encryption by decrypting hard drives with Bart PE when Operating Systems were corrupted and needed rebuilding.
- Worked with different laptop platforms such as Lenovo T420, Lenovo T410, Lenovo T400, Lenovo X201 X220. Parts replaced included SATA hard drives, CD ROM, memory, also LCD's, system boards and keyboards.
- Removed paper jams and changed toners on various printers which included HP LaserJet 1100, 1050, 8000, Color LaserJet 4700, C2500, Phaser 8650 and Phaser 8400.
- Worked with outside vendor Comservco USA to fix printers that Desktop Support escalated such as rollers, fuser, and the assembly tray.
- Supported conference rooms by setting up projectors and also TV's for meetings.
- Supported remote users by using remote software and coordinating with remote techs in different offices or having end users send their laptops to our main office.
- Setup users' wireless routers in our office for users to use at home.
- Troubleshoot emails issues on devices such as blackberry, IPads, IPhones, and Android phones by resynching them with Exchange.
- Helped migrate users from Windows XP to Windows 7 by using customized Ghost images and transferring users' data over.
- Troubleshoot blue screens by rebuild of OS and replacing parts such as memory and hard drives when determined that was the cause. Answered phones in the Helpdesk daily to assist end users on a timely manner.
- Migrated users from Office 2003 to Office 2010 using BMC Marimba and the Active Directory groups specified. Verified users' personal folders and nk2 file were transferred over and sent over training documents from management to assist with Office 2010.
- Troubleshoot over the mailbox limit in Outlook 2010 by showing users to create personal folders and specifying mail retention policies incorporated by IT management.
- Supported in house database Powerview 5.0 for internal and external clients by answering data questions, reinstalling and repairing the application when necessary.
- Assisted the Data Center which included restores of files and allocating backups of different servers using HP Data Protector.
- Trained the Data Center Operators on helpdesk calls by creating PowerPoint training documents to resolve issues.
- Escalated tickets to other support teams when necessary such as Networking, Server Team, Unix Support, Database team, and Sev1 Managers.
- Used Active Directory in both Windows Server 2003 and 2008 to create user accounts for new hires, generic mailboxes, reset users' passwords, unlocked users' accounts. Also disabled accounts for terminations, made name changes either by change of event or incorrect name specified.
- Used Exchange Manager to create user mailboxes, generic mailboxes, global distribution lists.
- Supported and troubleshoot Cisco VPN 4.8 and 5.0.07 clients by installing on laptops for users to work from home, also uninstalled, reinstalled, and repaired when application was corrupted.
- Used Cisco web based gui to create VPN accounts, reset passwords, deleted accounts.
- Installed and configured Avaya softphone for users that needed to work remotely.
- Supported remote users by using remote tools such as DameWare Mini Remote 7.5, WebEx support Center, Teamviewer, and Tight VNC 1.3.6.
- Entered all technical related issues in BMC Remedy version 6 and 7.5
- Gave users rights to requested shares in Active Directory via Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
- Helped customized BMC Remedy 7.5 by creating templates consisting of common trouble calls which made closing tickets more efficient.
- Created wireless profiles on Dell Latitude laptops by using Intel Proset.
- Also upgraded users with new Lenovo laptop models from outdated laptops currently out of warranty and gave performance issues.
Technical Support / Team Leader
- Assist Level 1 and Level 2 agents with call resolution for any difficult calls that were received which consisted of Cdocs, Office 2003, printer calls.
- Trained new agents and ensured that all agents are kept up to date with new Policies and Procedures.
- Monitored Agent calls and trouble tickets to ensure proper call handling and ticket documentation.
- Sent companywide emails to various distribution lists on a daily basis on behalf of the marketing departments.
- Helped redesigned Heat ticketing system by creating templates consisting helpdesk calls.
- Also took helpdesk calls when call volume was very high.
- Answered technical calls in a fast paced call center which included Citrix calls, Office 2003, printer issues.
- Used Heat ticketing system to log in every call that came into the helpdesk.
- Troubleshoot Citrix calls by deleting and re adding users on the Citrix server.
- Used DameWare Mini Remote to remote into users' machines and to troubleshoot their issues.
- Supported the Blackberry Server by adding, deleting users off the server and resetting their activation passwords.
- Escalated Helpdesk calls to other support teams which included the Systems department, Unix Support team, Technical Application Support Engineering teams when necessary.
- Trained users on creating personal folders in Outlook 2003, creating signatures for their outgoing emails.
- Assisted with calls from C-Docs clients by having them disable popup blockers to view their documents on our website.
- Used Active Directory in Windows Server 2003 to give users rights to shares.