Successful, take charge MIS professional with extensive experience in WAN/LAN Support, Hardware/Software installation, and Project Management. Ability to design and implement technology solutions to support business objectives. Demonstrated success in managing networking software/hardware development and internet technologies. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management.
Operating Systems: Mac O/S MS - Windows/95,98,2K,XP,Vista,W7 and/NT 3.51/4.0 2003/2008 Server OS2 Novell UNIX Open VMS.
Hardware Platforms: IBM RISC 6000 Apple Systems AS/400 IBM Netfinity Compaq Servers DEC Alpha Dell Servers EMC2 IBM 3090 Intel PC/Server Systems VAX Systems
Database / Server Systems: Apache Btrieve Citrix Win/MetaFrame DB2/MDI Gateway MS-Access MS-Exchange MS-Project MS-SQL Server MS-Internet Information Server MS-ISA Server MS-Site Server MS-System Management Server MS-Transaction Server MS-Terminal Services Netscape FastTrack Server Oracle Q+A Rdb Sybase SQL Server Sybase Open Server
Networking Hardware / Systems / Protocols: 3Com Hubs & Switches Appletalk Ascend Routers Bay Switches Check Point VPN/FireWall Cisco Routers and Switches Cisco PIX Firewall DCE Dell Switches Netopia Routers Nortel Alteon Switches Lucent/Prominet Cajun Switches Raptor Eagle Firewall SonicWALL VPN/Firewall TCP/IP IPX/SPX.
Contact and Constituent Relationship Management Systems: Best Software ACT Best Software Saleslogix Blackbaud The Raiser s Edge Delano Customer Velocity FrontRange Goldmine Oncontact CMS Onyx CRM Pivotal Relationship/eRelationship SmartSales OutSmart
Retail store Manager/Senior Technician
Confidential, Land O lakes, Fl
- Repaired to component level all incoming Desktop/Laptop and Servers. Including MSServer .
- Mentored several junior techs and interns Repairing desktops, Laptops, Servers. How to implement IPSEC firewalls etc
- Managed the day to day operations of 2 stores and managed and implemented solutions for all business clients.
Remote Support Technician
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Performed remote services for a large Comcast ISP customer base (specifically for home network users).
- This includes customers with home networking issues including gateway (Dory) and wifi router issues.
- Assisted customers with setup and connectivity issues with Routers,Computers, Iphone, Ipad, Game consoles Android devices, Smart Tv s, Roku, Chromcast etc.
- This included the configuration of (Wifi security, DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Port Forwarding).
Owner Senior Technician
Confidential, Spring Hill, Florida
- Implemented VMware ESX 4.1 for several clients to replace aging Dell servers.
- This entailed, procuring new hardware/software and performing a fresh build of Microsoft Server 2008 R2, backup of data using Symantec Backup exec 12.5, then migrating data to new virtual servers.
- Migrated several Windows/Exchange 2003 servers to Exchange 2007 and Server 2008.
- Performed Virus eradication for several clients using Hiren/14/15, Trend Micro 17.5, Symantec endpoint protection.
- Suggested ways to help the customer prevent further infection and documented tools to help the customer perform these tasks themselves.
- Created a custom web presence for http://www.redneckgrills.com using various tools, SEO tools, including go daddy s website tonight.
- Performed and maintained search engine optimization and all changes and updates for above.
- Carried out component level repairs on Flat screen TV s,Car/Home audio and AV Systems, laptops, Tablets and cellphones.
Senior Systems Administrator
Confidential, Reston, Virginia
- Performed tier 2 and 3 tech support for several hundred internal and external customers, this included Windows AD 2003/2008, DNS, DHCP, File/Print administration, Citrix Xenapp support, Avaya phone administration and Exchange 2003/2007 email support.
- Installed and configured a multisite Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 solution using several 7 Terabyte NAS devices and Overland Arc Vault LTO4 tape libraries.
- Implemented a successful Optix 7.5 deployment to help the company manage thousands of medical documents and to help automate some of the paper intensive processes.
- Assisted in the successful implementation of VMware ESX 3.5 and later the upgrade to Vsphere 4.0.
- This reduced the amount of physical servers from several hundred to approximately 80.
- Administered and monitored Manage Engine s Opmanager, and Net flow Analyzer to notify IT of outages before internal and external customers were affected.
- Upgraded the corporate Symantec AV 10.0 to SEP 11.04 on all Servers and workstations. This required thorough testing of all internally created SQL based applications and reporting of the results to the developers.
- Administered and monitored Opentext (formally Captaris) Rightfax 9.2 to perform all corporate faxing.
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
- Performed a physical inventory and documentation of a multisite relocation initiative from the main DC office to the new office in Virginia.
- This included the survey of configurations, Physical wiring, and cross connection of all servers, switches, routers, load balancers, tape libraries etc.
- Implemented a successful What s up gold 11.3 implementation to monitor the customer s infrastructure and notify key personnel of current and impending failures.
- Physically assembled, labeled, and installed all equipment into the new datacenter and performed all structured cabling and fiber connections.
Senior Systems Consultant
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Upgraded internal infrastructure including Win 2000/2003 servers. Replaced or upgraded older machines including IBM Netfinity, HP DL series, Dell, Compaq Prolient, and Cisco call manager/unity servers, Blackberry servers. Performed daily and weekly backups using CA Brightstor 10.
- Customer upgrades included migrating from win 2000/Exchange to Win 2003/Exchange 2003 and Switching from 100Mb Ethernet to 1Gb Ethernet with teamed gigabit nics.
- Configured and tested an Ironport e - mail spam filter test site in-house, See this allowed sales engineers to demonstrate the product and to make changes that would not allow outages to a live environment .
Confidential, New York, NY
- Replaced unmanaged Ethernet hubs with managed Cisco GB Catalyst switches to provide the speed and functionality for the migration and the pending VOIP implementation.
- Performed a multi - site migration from Windows 2000 Server/Exchange 2000 to Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 Small Business Server, and Active Directory.
- Upgraded or replaced all outdated servers and replaced with new multiprocessor Dell servers. Assembled and installed domain controllers in all outer offices to allow network authentication when internet connectivity is down.
- Installed and configured a Sonicwall Pro 5060 Firewall appliance to allow secure VPN connectivity and secure the customers Exchange environment.
- Implemented Symantec Enterprise Antivirus to eliminate the need to visit workstations to update virus definition files and to strictly enforce antivirus policies for remote users via vpn and dialup.
- Successfully rolled out Citrix XP Presentation server with load balancing to two new Dell servers and configured all outer offices to connect to a proprietary database application.
- Assisted in implementing a Samsung VOIP based phone system to reduce monthly phone changes and improve the efficiency of the organization.
- Successfully implemented Veritas backup exec and scheduled nightly backups of exchange mailboxes, database and user shares. Thoroughly tested a disaster recovery plan and made corrections to allow seamless recovery of data.
- Configured and administered IIS to allow developers to modify and FTP corporate web page.
- Planned and Installed Cat5e/Cat6 structured cabling in all outer offices and remote sites as needed.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Performed a multi - site migration from NT4/Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000, Exchange 2000, and Active Directory mainly using ADMT and XGEN. This included upgrading server and storage hardware, upgrading network switches to provide GB Ethernet service, upgrading firewall and security systems, deploying network-level virus protection, backups, and network intrusion detection in a 12+server environment. Infrastructure upgrades dramatically improved network performance and reliability.
- Upgraded or replaced all outdated servers and replaced with new multiprocessor Dell servers. Assembled and installed all servers in a server cabinet to facilitate proper cooling.
- Installed and configured an external dual 600 gig Dell Power vault raid array to drastically increase data storage for several SQL databases and increasing user shares.
- Implemented Mcafee s E-policy orchestrator 3.0 and Enterprise 7.0/7.1 to eliminate the need to visit workstations to update Dat files and to strictly enforce antivirus policies for remote users via vpn and dialup.
- Replaced the existing Microsoft ISA server with a more robust IPSEC/NAT hardware firewall to eliminate biweekly overseas denial of service attacks. This drastically improved the reliability of the network and eliminated downtime.
- Installed and configured an Avocent ip based KVM switch to eliminate cable management problems.
- Installed and configured APC s SNMP managed smart UPS 5000 and powerchute network shutdown utility.
- Successfully rolled out secure VPN and Citrix Metaframe for remote access.
- Upgrading network applications for Accounting, Human Resources, Constituent Information Management, and Contact Management.
- Conducting end-user training sessions at the individual, group, and all-staff levels to rapidly improve efficiency. Preparing thorough documentation to support training sessions and workshops.
- Successfully configured and deployed Captaris Rightfax 8.5 to allow users to fax directly from their desktop.
- Managed and tested a human rights online application and configured and administered several SQL 2000 databases.
- Partial owner of a web hosting and computer consulting company, Designed and administer entire network. Including PDC/BDC, DNS, Raid 0,1,5
- Applied security updates and service packs for windows2000 advanced server. Administer IIS 4.0 and DNS to allow secure connectivity of customer s web pages.
- Designed and implemented several networks for prestigious lawyer s offices. Perform all walk in repairs and upgrades.
Technical Support Representative
Confidential, Brooksville, FL
- Perform telephone technical support for all connectivity /e - mail issues for Internet service providers and users.
- This entailed creating/administering user dialup accounts, dialup settings and network configurations for all Windows versions.
- Produced documentation for management upon request.
Confidential, Port Richey, Fl
- Designed and implemented several large TCP/IP networks (300 nodes) for various accounts including Pasco county attorney s office.
- Performed new system builds for all servers/workstations as well as mentoring all colleagues.
- Deployed Microsoft SQL 7.0 based Visionary software packages for various doctors' offices.