Professional Objective: I am seeking a permanent/full-time position with a stable and growing firm or organization either through temp/contract to hire or direct hire. As an consultant, I have develop a proven ability to successfully analyze an organization's critical support requirements, identify deficiencies and potential opportunities, and develop an innovative solution for increasing reliability and improving the productivity. I also have abroad understanding of computer hardware and software technology, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting and management support.
02/11 - 10/11 Confidential, Fairfax, VA. Desktop Support Specialist
- Install and configured OS (Windows XP) and software application (MS Office 7 and Outlook 7) on the workstations and laptops and supported Dell Latitude laptops, Mac systems, local printers and network printers.
- Created group accounts and systems policies to share network drives, new user accounts and password reset for the users in AD.
- Remote to offsite users systems via Teamviewer or by Help and Support through the Help and Support Center in Windows XP. Also install and configure PGP email encryption and hard drive encryption for user emails and laptop
- Provided functional and technical support troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software problems, Including desktop, laptop, WAN, LAN, and remote systems (RSA Citrix key fob) VPN which I configure and setup.
07/10 - 12/10 Confidential, Washington, DC. Technical Support Specialist
- Diagnosed and repaired hardware and software issues on Dell systems, created group and users' accounts, as well as systems policies for share network drives, password reset and new user accounts for the users in Active Directory/NetIQ and log trouble calls in Remedy ticketing system.
- Provided technical assistance with network access, printing, and application software operations.
- Install and configured computer workstations and laptops as well as Blackberry device installation, configuration and support as well as supported CheckPoint (VPN) and Citrix, for users' access and connection.
- Provided Windows XP, Microsoft 2007 and Lotus Notes 8 support as well as install software from the network onto the users systems and utilize remote tool Bomgar for remote access to user's computers.
02/10 - 05/10Confidential, Washington, DC Migration Technician/Desktop Support
- Utilized Symantec Ghost to install and configured Dell desktop and laptop from Windows 2000 to Windows 2007
- Install, configured and supported Office and Outlook from 2003 to 2007 (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Setup user profile so their old information was transferred to their new systems.
06/07 - 10/09 Foundations for Home and Community/Washington, DC Team Lead/Senior Desktop Support
- Supervise and trained technical staff and provided Tier III level support on critical and urgent software issues to Senior Managers and Director.
- Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow by overseeing the ticketing queue (Remedy), establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines for Tier II Techs.
- Direct and manage local implementations and executions of new/upgraded information systems via welldefined plans including procedures, accountability and deadlines.
- Interface with Corporate IT Department in regards to repairs and maintenance of the computers and network systems and ensure it complies with all Corporate IT Policies and Procedures.
- Maintained accurate, complete and up-to-date inventory records of all computers and printers.
- Develop and maintain working relationship with outside vendors, customers and partners in regards to
corporate and non-standard software application.
03/06 - 03/07 Confidential, Washington, DC. Team Lead/Senior Desktop Engineer
- Aided staff on complex customer troubleshooting issues by way of Track IT ticketing system, email or phone.
- Provided Tier II & Tier III level support to Senior Managers as well as to top level Portfolio Managers in a dynamic, $50 Billion global private equity firm.
- Regulated and monitor file access to ensure confidentiality and proper use, also utilized Active Directory to create user accounts, user groups and Organizational Units, reset passwords, and restrict user account access rights.
- Coordinated the logistics of technology requirements and setups during multiple office relocations.
- Install, configure and maintain back-end and front-end systems, as well as LAN and WAN connection at remote site.
- Managed lease cycle project for the firms laptops and desktop computers.
- Managed Blackberry upgrade project for 100+ global users.
- Provided daily guidance and coaching to 5 IT interns.
07/05 - 2/06 Confidential, Chevy Chase/MD. Migrations Technician
- Installed, configured (using Symantec Ghost imaging software), maintained and troubleshoot applications.
- Assembled and installed a wide array of computer systems, workstations, and peripheral hardware for new hires and supported users' software problems.
- Setup user profile so that information from their old system was transferred to their new system.
06/03 - 06/05 Confidential, Washington, DC. Team Lead/ Senior Desktop Analyst
- Provided Tier II and Tier III level support to Senior Partners, Attorneys, and Legal Assistants utilizing remote access (Aventail VPN) and desk side support.
- Supported Windows XP as well as Microsoft Office and Outlook 2000 on HP desktop and laptop systems.
- Installed and configured office hardware (servers, printers, and workstations), in-house software applications support (iManage and Deltaview), COTS, anti-virus, network shares, and firewall.
- Supported local and network printers, blackberry support and video conference setup and testing with the bridge for a good feedback with clear picture and sound.
12/00 - 03/03Confidential, Washington, DC. Desktop Support Analyst
- Provided Tier II level desktop computer diagnosis and configuration installs; as well as resolving Windows related issues, Internet Explorer issues, and other PC software and hardware related issues by way of Heat ticketing system, emails or phone.
- Supported local and network printers as well as the hardware peripheral equipment installation maintenance.
- Perform the installation and updating of software, as well as the setup and troubleshooting of all hardware equipment.
- Supported the wireless and LAN configuration and access issues, as well as other servers' function such as installed and configured routers and switches.
11/96 - 11/00 Confidential, Washington, DC Help Desk Technician
- Provided Tier I level technical support which included support of desktops, laptops and networks.
- Installed and performed troubleshooting service by way of phone or send it to a Tier II or Tier III level technician.
- Resolved Windows related issues, Internet Explorer issues and other PC software related issues (PowerDocs, Words, Excel and Powerpoint) through Heat, or phone.
O/S: Windows XP and Windows 2007, Novell NetWare. Networking: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, MS Exchange Server, DNS and DHCP Hardware: Hewlett Packard, Dell, and Compaq PCs, IBM and Dell notebooks. Software: MS Office 2003 and 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Lotus Notes 8, Internet Explorer, PCDocs, iManage, DocsOpen, and PowerDocs, Delta View, Citrix and CheckPoint (VPN) and Bomgar remote access, HEAT, Track IT, and Remedy, Symantec Ghost, PGP encryption and Dell Data Protection (hard drive encryption)
Working towards my College Degree A+ Certification Computer Programming