Microsoft Certified System Engineer with solid help desk/desktop support and management experience in major corporations supporting large numbers of internal and external users. Innovative leader, skilled communicator, and team builder. Proven ability to analyze business processes and then introduce strategic solutions that improves competitive performance and efficiencies while reducing cost. Also trained and experienced in network administration, project management, and customer service.
Desktop: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000, Windows Vista
Network: Windows 2008/2003 Server
Topologies: Ethernet, Token Ring Protocols: IEEE 802.11 Wireless, IEEE 802.2/802.3 Ethernet, TCP/IP and Internet Protocol Suite Software: Microsoft Office365, Microsoft Office Suite 2010/2007, Softricity Softgrid Client Desktop Virtualization , Lotus Notes 8.0, Siebel ePharma, Remedy Call Tracking, Control F1 and Support Bridge, RAS, Citrix, Blackberry, Mainframe ExtraNet Client through RUMBA 2010, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server, CICS RACF Admin , Syspro, and Cisco VPN
Telephony: Nortel Periphonics Interactive Voice Response IVR Lucent Technologies Automated Call Distribution ACD Switch and Lucent Centre Vu Supervisor Quality Telesystems Automated Call Distribution ACD Cisco ICM Agent ACD, Avaya Phone System and Verizon Virtual Contact Center.
IT Support Specialist
- Provide technical support to all corporate users at Steiner Leisure Limited through phone, email, and remote access. Steiner Leisure is a global provider of spa services, medi-spa services, a manufacturer and distributor of premium skin, body and hair care products and an accredited educator teaching students the skills necessary to be spa professionals.
- Provide desktop and hardware support to users of laptops, desktops, and printers at the New York Blissworld Headquarters and nearby Bliss Spa locations as well as Cortiva Massage Institutes in the New York City and New Jersey Metro area.
- Migrate Win XP machines to Windows 7 as part of a company-wide Windows refresh for security compliance.
- Monitor all Servers and Networks across the company for performance and alerts using Opsmon and Netmon through What's Up Gold.
- Maintain all company servers remotely through VisionApp, RDP and VMWare.
- Maintain local servers and switches and run daily tape backups of data then replace and initialize tapes weekly.
- Use Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange to create and manage user domain access and email. Manage Citrix access through the Citrix Management Console and Metaframe.
- Repair, configure, and troubleshoot users' machines by remote access using Dameware and Teamviewer.
- Provide support for Avaya and Cisco phones as well as Apple Iphones, Android phones and RIM Blackberry.
- Specify and purchase desktops, laptops, printers and peripherals for all users.
- Image and configure new Lenovo laptops and HP desktops as well as HP Thin Client machines.
- De-rack and relocate servers and retire obsolete desktops and laptops then coordinate disposal and destruction.
- Manage and update the Bliss call center application, Verizon inContact, and Studio, the scripting logic.
- Rolled out and upgraded all Steiner users from Microsoft Office 2010/2007/2003 to Microsoft Office365.
Support Center Technical Consultant
- Provided technical support to corporate users and over 350 dealerships of the premier luxury car company in the US.
- Supported Lotus Notes 8.0, Microsoft Office, and other Windows applications as well as Netstar, a MBUSA proprietary application used by all dealers for sales, service, inventory tracking, parts orders, and training.
- Responded and resolved technical issues from users by phone, email, and through remote access. Logged and tracked these issues in a Remedy call tracking system.
- Managed user security access through Microsoft Active Directory and other proprietary mainframe and web-based applications.
- Supported Softricity Softgrid Client for all corporate users. This is a Microsoft desktop virtualization application services image that facilitates troubleshooting, results in better security, and hastens disaster recovery.
- Proficient in supporting field managers and sales personnel connecting through VPN using RSA Secure ID tokens on Lenovo laptops. Resolved issues by connecting remotely to these machines using remote access tools i.e. RAS, Support Bridge Live, Control F1, Windows Remote Access, and VNC. Oriented and trained new support consultants, shared technical updates to the support team and posted articles to the MBUSA Netstar News Channel website.
Support Services Helpdesk Team Lead
- Shift Team Lead for the Support Services Helpdesk that provided technical support to 52,000 employees of the world's largest insurance brokerage firm and its subsidiaries e.g. Marsh Inc, Marsh Brokers, Mercer, Guy Carpenter Co, and at that time, Putnam Investments.
- Managed, logged, tracked, escalated, and resolved all trouble tickets using a Remedy call tracking system.
- Prepared daily and monthly management reports on call performance using query data from Remedy and the ACD.
- Supported various applications in a Windows environment particularly Remote Access through VPN.
- Responsible for declaring a Severity 1 alert and calling all involved managers in the event of a Server outage.
- Wrote the documentation and training manuals of the help desk processes.
Help Desk Manager
- Directed helpdesk operations of a CRM services company targeting the Life Sciences industry.
- Supported 4500 field sales reps from 16 contracted pharmaceutical accounts including Johnson Johnson, Bayer, Dupont, and Abbott Labs.
- Supervised 25 helpdesk technicians, 6 technical support supervisors and 3 Siebel system administrators.
- Planned and implemented innovative changes to the Help Desk support process that directly resulted in an increase in productivity and employee performance.
- Consistently met all customer business requirements outlined in the client Service Level Agreements.
- Developed a partnering relationship with clients through continuous business education and regular client meetings.
- Provided additional client support by providing desktop support services during rollouts and new migrations.
- Interviewed, hired, and trained new technicians for the desk and followed through with regular performance reviews, quality evaluation, and Just-In-Time JIT training.
- Increased productivity 80 by cross-training technicians in all accounts and implementing an employee performance reward system.
- Maximized skills based routing and expert agent selection through the ACD to ensure all calls were answered quickly and accurately.
- Reduced staffing cost 20 by analyzing call volume vs. answer rate and implementing the most ideal staffing model.
- Prepared and distributed client reports to the VP regarding calls received, SLAs, and helpdesk performance.
- Provided network administration and oversaw desktop support for the projects Windows NT network.
- Managed 25 analyst, 2 technicians, and 3 supervisors by planning and assigning work, conducting regular performance appraisals, and addressing and resolving employee issues.
- Maintained and enhanced the telephone ACD and the Nortel Periphonics IVR to achieve the highest call center performance.
- Managed vendor relations for the project and interfaced with technical consultants and contractors that provided the software applications and hardware for the project and the call center.
- Developed the training program for the project and interviewed, hired, and trained all call center representatives.
- Prepared management reports for the director and the vice-president on project performance and call statistics.
- Managed yearly revisions and implementation of each successive project. Also implemented new technologies, processes, procedures, and upgrades to the call center on a regular basis.
- Was instrumental in winning a 500 million government contract for Medicare from HCFA Health Care Financing Administration by developing and preparing the proposal that addressed the call center requirements section of the project.