Experienced IT Professional/Senior Desktop Engineer is looking for Sr. Engineering/Coordinator or Management position with midsize to large company.
Summary of Qualifications
- 17 years of experience in Desktop Computer Technologies, with medium to large companies, project and engineering lead and point of contact for other departments.
- 12 years of full time experience as Sr. Desktop Engineer in midsize Law Firm environment supporting more than 2000 users in New York HQ and 7 other offices around the world in Windows NT4 / 2000 / 2003 / XP / Windows 7 / Server 2008 environments.
- Intimate knowledge and hands-on experience with configuration and large scale deployment of MS desktop operating systems ranging from NT 4.0 to Windows 7 as well as server environments ranging from 2000 to 2008 servers.
- Configuration, packaging and deployment of variety of business applications including, Lotus Notes, Desksite document management, Microsoft Office suite, Symantec Endpoint Protection clients, Webroot Corporate antispyware clients, Lumension Endpoint protection , Adobe Acrobat, DTE, Lookup Precision, and many more
- Expert knowledge of most remote support tools like Remote Desktop, VNC Remote Control, Dameware NT Tools, PC Anywhere Remote Control and others.
- Server Administration and management of SpySweeper Enterprise, Blackberry Enterprise Server, PGP Universal Server, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Lumension Endpoint protection, Microsoft Clustered print server architecture as well as Expert level in SMS 2003 and SCCM 2007 R2/R3
- Hands-on experience in Visual Basic Scripting, WMI and WSH scripting, Batch file scripting, working knowledge of Visual Basic Programming, Microsoft Installer technologies.
- Solid understanding of ISA Proxy, Blue Coat Proxy, Websense Proxy servers as well as ,VPN, DHCP, DNS, WINS, PXE Server, Enterprise Domain and Windows 2000/2003/2008 Active Directory in LAN and WAN environment.
- Certified in Active Directory Group Policy design and Implementation, software packaging and deployment using Microsoft SMS, and SCCM 2007, Wise Package Studio, Admin Studio, Visual Basic and Powershell scripting.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Routing and Switching technologies.
- Author of many internal policy and best practice documents ranging from software deployment and standardization to step by step manuals of desktop support and helpdesk procedures.
- Created SCCM 2007 curriculums and held internal classes geared towards educating Helpdesk and SysAdmin staff in on demand SCCM software deployment procedures and post deployment troubleshooting.
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines, very organized, detail oriented and innovative, with excellent written and oral communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- In charge of design and implementation SCCM 2007 R3 infrastructure including:
- Working closely with CIO and COO on Hardware purchase decisions that go in line with Law Firm business needs and current trends.
- SCCM 2007 R3 site design, setup and installation using combination of Microsoft recommended best practices documentation and design decisions specific to the Law Firm business needs.
- Creation of LTI hardware independent image using Windows 7 64bit Enterprise and SCCM Task Sequencing, which is utilized on multiple different Desktop, Laptop VM and VDI infrastructures.
- Setup of Active Directory OU structure necessary to support elaborate computer based deployment technologies offered by SCCM.
- Introduction of Managed Desktop concept that de facto transformed the way users are interacting with their desktop/laptop environment.
- Created Windows 7 specific Group Polices to further support Managed Desktop environment drastically reducing need for rebuilding workstations due to Software conflicts or crashes caused by non-approved manual software installation.
- Packaged over 300 software packages of various complexities using combination Admin Studio 10, VBS, batch file scripting and HTA.
- Integrated and successfully implemented WSUS patch management using SCCM 2007 architecture bringing entire firm up to date with Microsoft released critical and security updates for Office 2010 and Windows 7.
- Created, organized and taught curriculums for Helpdesk and SysAdmin staff on Desktop design decisions for the new environment, concepts of on-demand SCCM deployment and general desktop troubleshooting in the new Windows 7 64bit Enterprise OS.
Senior Desktop Systems Engineer
- Organizing and implementing desktop solutions including:
- Configuration and Deployment of Desktop Images using Norton Ghost, zero touch and light touch solutions with SMS 2003 and SCCM 2007
- Configuring and implementing Desktop Group Policy and Security Polices aligned with company requirements and client audit results.
- Authoring custom VBS, WMI, WSH and batch file scripts for environment automation
- Software Packaging, customization and automatic on-demand deployment of all in house as well as all third party software applications, using SMS 2003 and SCCM 2007
- Blackberry Server and Desktop management and support.
- Designing and implementing, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware/Adaware solutions like Webroot Corporate antispyware solution and Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Research, design and implementation of Desktop security restrictions using Lumension Endpoint Protection server and client
- Research, Development and testing of new Desktop technologies in order to optimize and consolidate 3rd level support for our clients.
- Communicating with department managers and coordinators, identifying business requirements and proposing IT solutions respecting budget and time constraints.
- Point of contact for companies providing IT related services : Webroot, Microsoft, Research in Motion, Symantec, PGP, Lumension etc
- Gained hands-on experience with :
- Cognet Manager Software packaging and Deployment
- Windows 2000 / 2003 / 2008 Server in NT4 Domain model and Group Policy
- Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP and Windows 7 workstations.
- Software repackaging tools, WinInstall 2000 , Wise Package Studio, Admin Studio.
- Scalable software deployment solutions with SMS 2003 and SCCM 2007
- Windows SUS/WSUS technology for patching and updating workstations
- Lotus Notes Client and Domino server concepts
- Blackberry Server and Client relationships, installation and setup of Blackberry devices and software.
- Visual Basic Scripting, Windows Management Instrumentation, Windows Scripting Host, batch file scripting and Visual Basic Programming.
- Cisco VPN Client technology and Citrix Metaframe Server and Client support and troubleshooting.
- Webroot SpySweeper Enterprise Server and Client implementation
- Remote Control design concepts and implementation with PC Anywhere, VNC, Remote Desktop and Dameware NT Utilities.
- RSA Server Hardware and Software Authentication technology.
- Cable, DSL and Wireless Internet technology installation and configuration with Linksys router setup, testing and configuration at our clients homes.
IT Officer / Network Specialist Network Hardware Software
- Member of Proactive team. Configuring, installing and testing both hardware and software Windows 2000, NT4, 98 and 95 OS based workstations, on both Laptops and Desktops under different Hardware configurations. Setup, testing and fine-tuning for maximum speed and efficiency .Network and telephone cabling, both STP and UTP, to patch panels and hubs.
- 2 years of Hands-on Administration and maintenance of MD110 Ericsson Digital PBX system.
- Support and troubleshooting for 300 workstations in LAN environment.
- Gained Hands-on experience in Installation and configuration of Office 95/97/2000 software suit, Mcafee anti-virus with Management Console for Network Distribution of DAT files and updates, Microsoft Exchange/Outlook, Lotus Notes, Internet Explorer and Netscape configuration and control, Diskeeper Network Defragmentation tool, Remote Desktop, PC Anywhere, Norton Ghost software.
- LAN cabling expansion design, implementation and maintenance.
- Technical writing of user manual and walk through documents on different topics, such as :
- Dial Up Networking
- Printer troubleshooting
- Basics of computer diagnostics
- Development and implementation of standard operating procedures for different tasks in Network support team
- Testing of Windows OS and various software / hardware components for compatibility, in networked environment
- Configuration, installation, maintenance, diagnostics, troubleshooting and evaluation of Windows 95, 98 and, NT4 based workstations, printers matrix, ink-jet, laser jet , scanners, modems and other peripherals
- Organizing IT support for large Government budget conferences in Bosnia and Belgium.
- Complete IT support for 500 Diplomats working in the Office of the High Representative to European Union in Bosnia and Herzegovina and over 10 regional offices throughout the country as well as in our office in Brussels, Belgium.