- Senior information systems professional with 19 years' experience for small and large businesses. Expertise in information technology systems for power industry, storm service centers, title insurance, hotel networks, publishing, data centers, film industries and brokerage trading systems. Successfully built and managed teams to match new business opportunities and objectives. Self-motivated and an innovative thinker constantly pursuing new challenges to expand knowledge and abilities, to bring greater returns to employers. A summary of the expertise developed over the years includes:
- Establishing and implementing procedures to reduce operational risk and costs including advanced monitoring techniques, task tracking and change management systems.
- Defining, negotiating, maintaining and reporting on consistently high service levels to all levels of management to Executive management.
- Excellent communication skills including business and technical writing skills for creating cost benefit analyses, functional and system design specifications, existing system analysis etc.
- First and second line team management skills, and working with all levels of management and third party vendors.
- Wide financial management experience including budgeting, contract management and vendor negotiations with budgets up to 5M.
- Project management experience with projects up to 3 years in duration in all phases of the project life cycle.
- Expert in database design, applications support, desk-side, report running and testing.
I am a high energy, information technology specialist who understands the primacy of business priorities and who believes passionately in the innovative use of information technology to meet those needs. I have a track record of successfully merging business needs and IT solutions to save money, reduce risk and to make new business opportunities available. I actively seek technology opportunities not only for defined business functions, but I also look to apply technology solutions in innovative new ways to add value to the business as well. I am looking for a company that recognizes and values both my proven management and technology experience, and which also shares a similar vision for technology and recognizes the pragmatism needed to realize it in a cost effective manner.
Help Desk Support/IT Support Specialist
Performed freelance computer consulting work for individuals as well as small and large businesses including: network administration, customer service, desk-side/telephone/remote support, hardware/software/network troubleshooting, development of custom designed databases, computer system and software setup via modem, hardware, software application user training. Confidential
Help Desk/Desk-Side Support
- Excellent communications and customer service skills, flexible team player that got the job done to restore faith in the customer.
- Excellent problem solving critical thinking, sleuthing, self-organized skills to maintain engagement with business and IT partners and mentored less experienced to all levels of personnel and management.
- Proactively build business/IT knowledge to help provide solutions by reporting software program issues and bug escalation in PAM/Database and utilized best practices to improve products and services.
- Perform, document and assist in planning work activities relating to projects, sub-projects, or processes. For operations/application maintenance: enhance, maintain or support existing IT products and processes to the defined service level agreement.
- Project based support Windows XP to Windows 7 Migration for over 3,000 users Power/Energy by desk-side/help desk support guiding end users through their software applications for quality assurance which added value to the project.
- Knowledge of business practices and processes in Energy/Power by following FERC requirements Nuclear Safety certification.
Desktop Support Manager
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills and a flexible team player. Wrote technical documentation for Office 365/2013 for the other teams to follow at their site.
- Excellent customer service skills with password reset/log-on, individual PC phone user training, set-up all email and office accounts on Microsoft Office 365. Conducted classroom and individual training with users on Office 365/2013
- Installed vital hardware monitors, printers/scanners, head-sets/ phones using Microsoft Lync 2013, as well as set-up main phone system T-1's to get the center up and running which restored faith back to the customer.
- Support Windows 2008 Servers, Windows 7 Enterprises, Office 365 Office 2013.
- Managed and maintained over 150 desktops, Kiosks, laptops, scanners, phones, printers along with other mobile devices, as well as the server at my site. I also system prepped computers for launching to network. Troubleshooting all hardware, drivers and software upgrade /and installs. Computer Security used Clean Slate/Fortress to insure no saving to desktops and set certain administrative rights.
Database Manager/Scanner Operator
- Created maintained a PDF database of all files scanned
- Assisted in scanning documents to the company network to create a paperless work environment
Help Desk/Technical Support Specialist
- Excellent customer service, communication skills and flexible team player. Help Desk support for 100 hotels across country and hotel guests trying to connect to internet. VOIP Telecommunications
- Remote Server Resets and wireless networking. Troubleshooting and working with several different firm-wares to do pass thru's so clients can use the hotels Wi-Fi.
Publicist/Presentational and Music Videos
Project managed generating and managed publicity for celebrities, businesses and published works e.g., books, films, and albums . Produces, creates, and designs, album covers. Produced music videos for Nashville music artists as well as business promotional videos.
Graphic Design/Administrative Office Support
Project managed creating custom graphic design ads, brochures, labels, and logos using Quark X-Press, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Performed administrative, secretarial, accounting, data entry and general office support duties.
Technical Support Assistant/Scanner Operator/Graphic Artist
Created and designed ads, brochures, media kits, booth banners and assigned publication pages. Met deadlines by scanned photographs for publications using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Quark X-press. Provided innovated ideas and assistance that streamlined department procedures. Maintained and updated the drum scanner/archive system. Performed office administrative support.
Classified Advertising/ADLink Coordinator
Designed and Managed the Home Guide Fridays and Open House Sundays ./Real Estate Market Magazine Monthly .
Broadcast Fax Technician/Technical Support/Graphic Artist
Managed World Trade Center/Associated Press technical support e.g., fax-on-demand documents, answered questions masthead and user guide development for several Associated Press associated newspapers. After being promoted to Broadcast Fax Technician provided customer assistance through data processing of Bulletin Board Systems BBS and preparation of documents for fax broadcasting. Assisted with monthly billing processing by creating batch files via DOS 6.2 ASCII text files.