Summary of Qualifications:
- Customer service experience
- Experience in Healthcare Informatics
- Experience in claims and reimbursement
- Highly successful in planning, leading, and controlling medium to large scale projects
- Nine years of managerial Patient Access/Business Office experience
- Successful in identifying and solving computer related issues
- Proven organizational, communication, customer service, and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an eye for detail
- Proven ability to motivate and mentor
Sr. Applications Analyst II
- Daily support and maintenance of the Sapphire Hospital and IDX/GPMS Professional Fee billing systems.
- Import and automated posting of 835 files.
- Daily support of the MedAssets Alliance Decision Support , Finance application.
- Daily support of the MedAssets Contract Modeling Managed Care application.
- Daily support of Huron/DCOI Conflict of Interest , Compliance application.
- Daily support, maintenance, and management of Crystal XII Reports, COGNOS Impromptu/Powerplay reports, Datatrieve, and CONNX RMS, data dictionaries.
- Train/assist users on use of report writer tools
- SSIS/SQL exposure
- Maintain dictionaries, user setup, resolve system related issues, and maintain daily operation levels on Sapphire-Open VMS, and IDX/GPMS-AIX applications
- Maintain daily charge files to insure appropriate reimbursement.
- Perform yearly/quarterly system upgrades as deemed necessary.
- Maintain application HIPAA compliance initiatives.
- Daily creation and transmission of outsource files to extended business offices.
- Daily support of inbound interfaces using HL7 standards.
- Daily support of cViewMANAGER Crystal Report Writer scheduler.
- Data reconciliation.
- Project Coordinator
Sr. Help Desk Analyst
- Tested and implemented accounting sub-system to aid in cash reconciliation process
- Acted as liaison for corporate accounting departments in planning and establishing business requirements for all system conversions
- Tested business/administrative conditions on new administrative system and resolved all computer-related issues
- Assisted in the conversion from Meditech Registration, HIMS, and Patient Business Services system to Sapphire Registration, HIMS, and Patient Business Services application
- Assisted in data mapping and data scrubbing of all data fields prior to conversion
- Developed and manage Crystal reports and CONNX RMS data dictionaries
- Daily support of the Sapphire Hospital Registration/ Billing system
- Maintained dictionaries, user set up, resolved system related issues, and maintained daily operation levels on Sapphire-Open VMS application
- Responsible for operation, maintenance and troubleshooting for all computer systems, as well as voice technologies
- Performed daily archives for all systems
- Processed daily charge posting for Memorial Health System General Ledger, Cost Accounting, and Laboratory and Radiology systems
- Maintained microcomputer systems and applications for a dynamic set of users
- Assisted users in making the most effective use of graphical user interface based microcomputer applications through training, file maintenance, testing and problem solving
- Tested business/administrative conditions on new administrative system and resolved any computer-related issues
- Maintained application HIPAA compliance initiatives
- Responsible for direct supervision of Inpatient, Outpatient, Emergency, and Baylis Medical Building satellite registration activities and staff
- Acted as a liaison to patient populace, medical staff, insurance companies, public, vendors, and outlying facilities.
- Interviewed, recruited and trained employees.
- Performed disciplinary action when necessary
- Patient registration and placement
- Insurance authentication and pre-certification
- Administrative duties as assigned by departmental director