Over 15 years experience in I.T. consulting with an emphasis on system networking and engineering. Extensive experience working with Fortune 500 companies on a national scale doing project implementations and system/hardware upgrades. Responsibilities have included managing technical resources, coordinating disaster recovery sessions, troubleshooting system, hardware, and application errors, and managing the setup and production support of a variety of networks, servers, and databases in mission critical business environments.
- Technical Skills: Software Tools Cisco 9-10x, IONS, 2000, IIS, Exchange, SMS, SNA server, proxy/ISA, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Citrix WinFrame/MetaFrame, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft SMS, Seagate/Veritas Norton Ghost, Microsoft Remote Installation RIS , Windows Installer/MSI, Merge Files, Components, Features, Macros, DLL, Registry, Tivoli, NETVIEW/NETMON, JOBTRAC/RUNTRAC, Newbridge, Netmeeting, Telnet, CoreFTP, Putty, WinShark
- Networks/OS Windows DOS, Novell Netware v2.1x-3.x , Macintosh, Linux, Unix,Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Clustering, Windows NT 4 embedded, Command.com, CMD, Cisco IOS, Netpro, Bindview, Net IQ, LDAP
- Protocols/WAN Spanning tree, VLANs, Firewalls, VPN/encryption, IPX, TCP/IP, AppleTalk, DecNet, NetBIOS / NetBEUI, SNA, T1, ISDN, DSL, Dialup/RAS, ERAS, DNS, DDNS, Centralized DHCP, DHCP, WINS
- Hardware Compaq Servers, Compaq Storage Arrays, Cisco Routers, Switches, 3COMSwitches, Compaq, IBM, Dell, HP, Toshiba Servers, Workstations, Laptops , Fiber Channel RAID
Help Desk Analyst
A key technical contributor on the installation, implementation and integration of AeroScout's wireless based, RFID solutions. Responsible for successfully deploying and supporting Aeroscout Location solutions at customers' sites beginning with RFP's, pilots or proof of concepts through all phases of deployment to post-installation technical support. In-service clients upon completion.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to support, monitor, test and troubleshoot hardware and software for Workflow Solutions products in LANs, WANs or MANs, within a healthcare environment. Additional duties include performing preventative maintenance on systems, day-to-day and fee-for-service activities, maintaining or exceeding customer satisfaction.
- Organize, manage, and lead technical system design discussions with customer IT, MIS or biomed departments, installation contractors, and other trades as required
- Perform site surveys, RF surveys if applicable , develop system integration plans using multiple vendor products, coordinate with customer IT or MIS departments
- Participate in development of system layout and design to meet customer configuration requirements
- Handle multiple projects with limited supervision and work in a small team environment
- Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of specified customer servers and network topology. Understands back-end network security.
- Actively participates as team member resolving technical support troubleshooting to resolution
- Implement and maintain network and server documentation
- Strong communication skills, team player who routinely participates in knowledge exchange with his/her technical peers, as well as positive attitude are essential
Senior Technical Account
- Travels to major Client facilities for system analysis, integration, configuration changes and technical training
- Provides a single point-of-contact for Client support issues, production concerns, changes, implementations and service requests.
- In conjunction with the Sales team, develops and presents a customer specific Operational Review to include support issues, change requests, performance data and historical metrics.
- Assesses and recommends improvements to customer implementations to include networking, server expansion, standardization, upgrades and configuration changes.
- Works cross-functionally within LabOne IT to provide client advocacy and technical liaison to improve overall service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Project managed various teams during client projects.
Performed service calls for IBM clients. Installed routers, servers, workstations, and POS devices. Managed as many 20 contractors in most of these endeavors. Network and desktop support for fortune 500 companies across the Midwest.
Desktop Support Analyst- Sprint
Responsible for the support of Sprint's systems and over 2500 applications for their locations throughout the world.
Senior Network Engineer
Managed the Express Pay project and the installation of Express Pay system components. Managed the Millennium project and the installation of new LAN topology, new network hubs, and server upgrades. This work was conducted at over 80 separate Kinko's business locations located in New York, Washington DC, Arkansas, and Utah. Served as client contact to communicate details involving installation visit, installation processes and site requirements, network traffic estimations, system/data backup requirements, equipment down time sequences, post-installation project summary of activities, and client sign off/approvals. Managed the performance and activities of technical team in accordance with client's delivery schedule. Created/edited network topological schema documents, hub/port/patch panel diagrams, environmental risk assessment documents, production support risk assessment documents, and network design documents. Performed upgrades of NIC drivers and apply DDD fixes. Upgrade scripts and install MS database engine MSDE . Modified existing LAN topologies by segmenting traffic from single to multiple hubs and install additional LAN's and connecting equipment in accordance with network design requirements. Confirmed that equipment was connected and reconfigured to conform to network design requirements, including configuring equipment, networked printers, and digital output devices. Conducted inventory and quality checks on EP equipment kiosk, SVC cards, and mini-nets and pre-installation equipment price poles, NT registers, grappler and stealth cards etc. . Configured EP kiosks and other EP equipment including mini-nets and card readers. Installed touch screen monitors to replace incompatible hardware and installed NT registers, self serve copiers, and workstations with required IP addresses, names, and EP reporting applications. Installed EP system and test/document results to ensure all components function successfully. Extensive use of Active directory managed, designed, and replicated users, groups, and policies
Managed a team that worked on a 4500 workstations roll out to Kansas's government employees. Managed the performance and activities of technical team members in accordance with client's delivery schedule.
Monitored and reported all activities involving the nightly download of new DST business/software applications. Managed disaster recovery drills for business critical financial recordkeeping applications and databases. Documented results of disaster recovery drills and made recommendations for process improvements. Provided tier 2 level support for end users. Conducted troubleshooting sessions via Tivoli Service Desk application to resolve trouble tickets. Managed change control process for user software requests
Technical Engineer Missouri Gas Energy, Payless,
Coordinated the upgrade/rollout of Windows 2000 and Office 2000 to over 550 users located at 6 different business sites. Upgraded hub from token ring to Ethernet. Traveled to various client sites throughout the Midwest to manage desktop installations and de-installations, re-imaging of NT servers, and hardware upgrades. Technical Engineer
Setup and serviced medical networks including, database servers, central stations, and ICU bedside monitors. Installed and configured database servers and central stations using Virdia software Viridia/NT . Coordinated installation processes and requirements with Agilent educators and client bio-medical departments. Installed CAT5 cables and SDN connections. Cloned, configured, and mounted ICU bedside monitors, SCC's hubs, switches, and telemetry amplifiers. Setup involved interacting with the patients on monitoring hardware at the time. ICU, Emergency Unit, Burn Unit etc .
Loaded GM workstation products on user desktops, using installation scripts provided by EDS. Conducted initial testing of workstations during boot-up and image loading. Tested connectivity and application launches using test scripts provided by EDS. Identified and documented issues with build anomalies or DOA equipment. Managed installations and rollouts in accordance with internal change management control systems. Installed application package options and reloaded user data, user testing I.D's, and dial-up/server connections. Clients were involved in fast pace timed production areas.
Operations Tech II/ Help Desk Analyst
onitored the performance of various platforms including, Client Server, MVS mainframe, CERNER, STAR, NETVIEW/NETMON, JOBTRAC/RUNTRAC. Monitored network connectivity and integrity for several medical campuses. Performed system backups and data recovery for mainframe applications. Conducted troubleshooting sessions to assist end users with hardware, software, and TCP/IP problems. Provided tier one level support for end users. Conducted troubleshooting sessions on Office 97, UNIX, MDS, and network/mainframe applications and hardware. Confidential
Tracked asset management and removal of outdated PC's. Installed new desktops/laptops with new networking systems for various federal agencies in downtown Kansas City.
Facilitated the training and rollout of Office '97 applications to Health Midwest member hospitals. Conducted 3 months of consecutive training classes to over 1,500 hospital staff members.
Audited asset management tracking controls and conducted an inventory of all desktops, laptops, printers, and docking stations for Missouri Public Service. Created access database to be used for Western Auto financial queries and reporting of their property.