O/S Software - Windows 2008, 2003, XP, 2000, NT 4, 9x, Novell 4.x.
Network Software - IIS, Exchange, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Backup Exec, Lotus Notes, SQL, Ghost, PC Anywhere. VMWare, Hyper-V, SCOM, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Sympana, DataProtect
Application Software - Remedy, MS Office, Windows 7, XP 2000, Project and Visio, Act, AutoCAD.
Hardware Supported - Dell, IBM, HP, Lexmark, Okidata, Gateway, Compaq, Toshiba and clone PCs, printers, servers, and laptops.
Network Hardware Supported - Cisco, Intel, 3Com and Linksys network cards, hubs, switches and routers.
System Administrator Functions - Website creation and administration, user rights creation and management, domain trusts, server creation and maintenance, Active Directory maintenance, data backup, patch management, enterprise antivirus management, remote administration, disaster recovery, remote deployment, VPN and security setup.
Additional Skills Bilingual in Spanish, C/C programming, engineering-level knowledge of inner workings of computers and electronics systems/components, excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Provide support for mission-critical servers supporting UniversityHospital's various departments, such as Pathology, Human Resources, Patient Tracking, Bed Tracking, Banner, Logician, Respiratory, Trauma and Laboratory.
- Responsible for supporting 125 servers,maintainingtheir Windows 2003/2008 OS, patching, disaster recovery, upgrade of installed proprietary applications.
- Project management experience in coordinating efforts to purchase and rollout new BedTracking and PatientTracking software and server hardware, Trauma Collector software and hardware, Banner Credit software and hardware.
- Increased server and data center efficiency by converting 50 of servers to Hyper-V and VMWare virtual machines.
- Administration of domain controllers, DNS, WINS, WDS, WSUS, backup servers, Exchange 2010, VMWare ESX, Hyper V,Symantec Endpoint Protection, DataProtect, Sympana, and SCOM 2012.
IT Help Desk/Desktop Support/Network Administrator
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support for AIU's New Jersey and New York employees. Duties include phone support, help desk ticket creation, PC and laptop rollouts, inventory control, PC, laptop and printer repair remote access setup.
- Decommissioned servers, desktops, laptops and printers, preparing them for discarding, updated and verified warranty list for current servers to verify warranty eligibility, and updated all NYC equipment for remote access.
- Performed W2K3 product service packs updates, patches, system BIOS updates, server, desktop and laptop hardware component upgrades and repairs, service ticket documentation.
- Assist end users with various computer/network problems, such as account lockout, Outlook email via Exchange, MS Word, Excel and Access file issues, network drive access, network and local printer problems, software installs, etc.
- Administering mixed mode environment of NT 4, Windows 2000 and 2003 servers. Involved in the migration to an Active Directory structure of the 100 servers.
- Among duties are administering Blackberry and Exchange 2003 servers, Active Directory users, creating accounts, shares, and data backups.
Product Support Engineer
- Was responsible for providing quality control and quality assurance of all consumer electronics products.
- Tested functions, compared features with competing brands, confirmed accuracy of user and service manuals, and ensured that products workedin accordance to specifications.
- Performed Research and Development to help engineers develop better products by recommending improvements to current design, rewriting manuals, and implementing user feedback.
Systems Administrator/IT Manager
- Maintained all 4 New York offices of this premier web hosting company, consisting of 250 local and remote users.
- As the head IT person, was responsible for improving network throughput and performance vianetwork load balancing, proper subnetting, quick response time and resolution of all trouble tickets, and print queue prioritization.
- Was responsible for migrating network from NT 4 domain to Win 2k Active Directory. Created reports for recommending necessary hardware, software and networking equipment needed to accomplish feat.
- Concurrently performed helpdesk and desktop support duties while managing servers. Duties included data backup Backup Exec and disaster recovery planning, account creation and deletion, new server builds, DHCP, WINS, IIS web site creation and management, and VPN maintenance, antivirus McAfee , applications, and service patch delivery, asset management, and warranty repair liaison.
- Equipment supported included Dell, IBM, Compaq and HP machines running NT 4 and Win2k, Cisco and 3Com switches and routers, MS Office, Remedy Help Desk, Outlook, and proprietary sales and engineering software.