- Provided desktop support for corporate and mobile sales team staff.
- Troubleshot and repaired problematic ODBC Oracle drivers for Excel and Access databases.
- Utilized SCCM and Active Directory to manage applications and user accounts.
Desktop Support 3 month contract
- Provided break/fix 3 day onsite SLA support for Ecolab employees.
- Reimaged, maintained, upgraded and deployed laptops, desktops and tablets to Ecolab employees and their mobile sales force.
- Remedy was used to track the status of tickets in progress as well as monitor systems en route from the field to troubleshoot.
- Active Directory, Norton Ghost, Ubuntu, Windows XP, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2007 were used during the contract.
Technical Support 4 month contract
- Troubleshot and repaired PC's that failed to pass Dell's quick test protocol.
- Performed workbench duties, such as installing motherboards, ram, hard drives, and CPU's into new machines as they arrived off of the manufacturing line.
Technical Support 3 month contract
- Provided support with company-wide rollout of Windows Vista.
- Backed up the user's data and then used Norton Ghost to reimage new laptops with a sysprep created Windows Vista image. When imaging was complete the user's settings, documents and .pst files were migrated to the new machine.
Desktop Support 2 month contract
- Went to various sites in and around Danville Virginia to verify that Altiris was successfully communicating with the network and deployment server.
- Ran a test script that verified that Altiris was successfully installed on the system and was able to communicate with the deployment server. If the test failed the script would reinstall Altiris and try to reconnect to the server. In the event that communication with the server was still unsuccessful, I would document the location and asset ID of the computer in an online database for further escalation.
Point of Sale Help Desk 3 month contract
- Reset system passwords and troubleshot system related issues such as offline dispensers, printer problems, and software compatibility issues.
- Worked with 3rd party vendors and technicians to provide solutions for emergency situations.
- RealVNC was used to remote into client machines in order to thoroughly troubleshoot complicated issues.
Desktop Support 2 month contract
- Commuted to various locations throughout NC in order to reimaged systems for the Department of Health and Human Services. At these locations we would back up the user's .pst, my document and desktop files and folders and reimage them with Windows XP. When the installation was complete we verified that all data and settings were restored and the system functioned as required.
- Utilized Novell in order to successfully sync the end users profiles with Windows XP.
- Offered IT services to residential customers in the form of system upgrades, virus and spyware removal, custom computer assembly and hardware troubleshooting.
- Swapped out defective hard drives, ram and processors making sure new components worked as advertised and ran at optimum performance.
Help Desk Analyst
- Rotated backup tapes for the AS400 server as well as replaced failed hard drives in the data center servers when needed.
- Monitored in house data center servers via Nagios.
- Utilized Active Directory to setup, configure and unlock user accounts as well as provided Cisco VPN troubleshooting support.
- Installed and supported the Fedora Operating System on company machines.
Desktop Support Technician 2 month contract
- Supported the activation and reset of Active Directory accounts as well as utilized Track IT to troubleshoot and escalate software and hardware issues.
- Performed in house repairs on Dell pc's and printers as well as coordinated major repairs with equipment vendors.
- Utilized Norton Ghost to build system images for corporate and mobile users.
Technical Support Analyst 4 month contract
- Migrated corporate desktop and notebook systems from Windows 2000 to Windows XP using Norton Ghost.
- Backed up and restored the users Lotus Notes profile and personal settings.
Areas Of Expertise
Windows XP/NT/Vista/7/8, Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory, PHP, Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Exchange, Linux Support, Cisco/Nortel VPN, Hardware Troubleshooting, Lotus Notes, Norton Ghost, VMware, Heat Tracking Software, HTML, Remedy Tracking Software, Track It, Blackberry Support, SCCM, Oracle OBDC Configuration, Database Management.