Desktop Support Technician with over ten years' experience, supporting end users and administrative staff with office technology problems for regional companies and school districts.
- Hardware Networking:
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, and Win 8
- Microsoft SCCM 2007 Imaging and Deployment Tool, CP Migrator, Remedy and Footprints Ticketing Software.
- Software: Microsoft Office 2007 - 2013, PC Diagnostics, Norton and McAfee Anti-Virus Utilities, Altiris,
- Installation of personal computer hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Printer Diagnoses, Configuration and Repair
- Knowledge of network topologies and protocols
- Knowledge of Networking relating to Wired and Wireless, switches, and routers
- Support servers with racking, setup, and configuration.
- Blackberry and Android OS Configuration
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Continued
Windows 7 Deployment Specialist Technician and Customer Support
- Support of CapitalOne Bank with the migration of Laptops and Desktops from Windows XP to Windows 7
- Use of the Microsoft SCCM 2007 imaging and deployment tool to migrate HP Laptops and Desktops
- Migrated MS Office 2007 over to MS Office 2010
- The capturing and data transfer of all CapitalOne employees data off of their old Windows XP machines to their new Windows 7 machines.
- Followed up the next business day with CapitalOne user's for any questions they might have after being migrated.
- Configured and encrypted employees data using McAfee Enterprise software
- Submitted daily progress reports and Imaging Times over to the IT and project managers
- Support of CapitalOne Users with all laptop and desktop problems.
- Daily monitoring of trouble tickets and emails sent to customers to stay up to date with our SLA status.
- Use of the HP Service Manager for daily look up of trouble tickets and work orders.
- Deployment and Troubleshooting of Cisco VOIP Phones.
- Deployment and final configuration of newly configured laptops with a Windows 7 and Office 2010 environment at end users work locations and labs.
- The diagnoses of computer and post deployment issues with various machines.
- Use of Remedy ticketing system
Desk Side Support Technician
- Migration of administrative and student computers from Windows XP to Windows 7 with Office 2010 Suite
- Field support repairing, configuring and installing desktop laptop computers and Printers at various schools and offices in the Richmond Public Schools District.
- Installation of all software updates and application programs.
- Diagnoses of classroom connectivity problems with the wired and wireless network at the schools.
Field Service Technician
- Warranty work performing the diagnosis, repairs and parts exchanges on client's Pc's, Laptops and Printers and Router installations.
- Swapping out of failed parts in a server environment along with mounting replacement servers in rack.
Computer Field Service Technician
- Performed repairs on Dell laptop and desktop computers in customer homes and businesses
- Maintaining, repair and diagnoses of problems with classroom pc's and laptops in a Dell environment.
- Use of the Altiris help desk ticketing system
- Problem solving of classroom Promethean interactive white boards
- Refresh project of all older Dell desktops and laptops to newer Dell equipment.