- Experience configuring and installing Windows based PCs, printers, and desktop assets
- Experience setting up user profiles on desktops/laptops
- Experience with drive mappings
- Familiar with iPads, androids tablets
- Imaging of desktops/laptops
- XP, Windows 7 operating system experience
Present Desktop Engineer
- Windows 7 migration project for 1st Confidential through CTI. The purpose of this short term project is to image and deploy brand new HP workstations with Windows 7 at 22 1st Confidential locations in the MD/DC/VA region. Imaging performed with Microsoft Deployment Server.
Infrastructure Support Engineer
- The Infrastructure Support Engineer role at Confidential was essentially an all in one, all - purpose technician. I handled all I.T. Operations for the Fort Lauderdale branch, and partial responsibilities for the Miami branch of Confidential . This included all Desktop, Laptop, Server Hardware Support, Network Administration, Telecom Support, Executive Support, I.T. Project Planning, Mobile Device Support, Printer Support, IBM AS400 and Network Closet/Cabling Support. I was responsible for ordering, configuring deploying all new hardware including Laptops, Desktops, Printers, Multifunction Copiers, IP Phones, Mobile Devices and Thin Clients. Further responsibilities included mounting new network hardware ( Routers, Switches, Servers ) in pre-existing racks, wiring in network ports, creating network diagrams and floor plans using MS Visio, creating Active Directory user accounts and administrating their rights, creating and managing Active Directory groups and NTFS Permissions, MS Exchange administration, user account management and printer management in the IBM AS400 Environment, Tandberg Video Conferencing Support, and Telecom administration with Shoretel Director; which included programming IP Phones and creating phone extensions/voicemail boxes. I also directly gave one on one support to the Executive Upper Management level of the company, and set up and manage the conference rooms (Network connectivity, electricity, projectors) for the large Executive conferences hosted at my location. Lastly I was responsible for working directly with vendors such as Blue Wave, Time Warner, AT&T, Shoretel and various 3rd party network cabling companies to plan projects such as office moves, site moves, T1 Line relocations, and network closet moves and build outs.
- Software support includes: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2003/2008 Server, Microsoft Exchange 2003, Microsoft Terminal Server 2003/2008, Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010 , Apple OSX Snow Leopard,IPAd, Apple iOS, Google Android, Blackberry OS, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Visio 2003/2007/2010 , Good Enterprise Messenger, Adobe Acrobat Standard/Professional, Pidgin Corporate Messaging Client, Safeguard Easy Encryption and IBM AS400. Printer Support Includes: HP, Lexmark, Brother, Ricoh, Canon and Xerox laser printers and multifunction copiers. Hardware support includes Dell D630, E6500, E5520, E6320 and Panasonic Tough book Laptops, Dell Optiplex 320,330,360,380 Desktops, Dell Power Edge, HP Proliant and IBM X-Series Servers, Neoware and HP Thin Clients, Dell 3524P and 3548P PoE Switches
Desktop Support Technician (Project/ Contract)
- The purpose of this project was to provide support to Bimini Bay Resort and Marina (www.biminibayresort.com ) during a period of time where there was no other support staff available. Scope of support included troubleshooting Windows 2003 and 2008 Server, Windows XP workstations, Server Cisco 2801 Routers and 2800 series catalyst switches, Tropos 5210 and 5320 Wireless Mesh Networking Access Points, Symantec Ghost imaging, Micros 9700 Terminals, Fiber Transceivers, Media Converters, Dell Power Edge Servers, Motorola Programmable 2-Way Radios as well as Dell, HP desktops, laptops and printers, IPADS and Apple iMacs . This was an on-call position for major network outages, and during regular hours I handled issues directly by phone and email. My primary role in this position was to increase the range, efficiency and stability of the Tropos Mesh Network, and to resolve major stability issues with the primary internet circuit
Confidential, Miramar, FL
IT Support Technician
- The purpose of this project was to provide users (Tellers, Account Specialists, and Managers) at physical bank locations with on-site support during the go-live week of the Wachovia to Confidential company conversion. CompuCom was the main support provider for the project, and physical site staff was provided by IntellaPro. The scope for this project included supporting systems that were converted from a Wachovia image, to a Confidential image and application package, testing and troubleshooting network printers and VeriFone devices, cable management, and handling any end user technical support issues or questions related to the new systems.
Confidential, Plantation, FL
Desktop Support Engineer
- Responsible for on-site Desktop and Network support for the Plantation, FL and Pembroke Pines, FL locations of the Confidential, Kaplan College, and Kaplan Learning Center business entities. This included deployment and imaging of new workstations, laptops, printers, copiers, and other IT equipment. Other responsibilities included maintaining redirected user data, deploying pre-configured Cisco wireless access points, patching in network ports and working with the Network Team to maintain VLAN’s in an environment with multiple separate networks. Worked directly with vendors such as Dell, HP, IKON and CDW for warranty replacement of workstation and laptop parts. Also responsible for maintaining User and Computer OU’s and mapping home folders in Active Directory, building and maintaining Windows Server print queues, and supporting any remote users that were linked to my sites.
- Involved in IPAd configuration and installation. Specific support included Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP Professional, Windows 7 Professional ( including Virtual XP Mode ), Microsoft Office 2003-2007-2010 , Apple OSX Snow Leopard, Nortel IP Phones, Adobe CS4 and CS5, Adobe Acrobat V7-10, Canon and Konica Minolta Multifunction Copiers, HP Laser Printers, Kyocera Laser Printers, Virtualized Servers, LANDesk Imaging and Remote Support, Symantec Ghost, Dell GX Series Desktops, Dell Latitude laptops, HP DC Series desktops, HP Elite book Laptops, LivePerson, Genesys Toolbar, ETalk Qfiniti 3.5, CCPulse 7.1-7.5, Dymo Label Printers, Efax, Medisoft, Credant Encryption, Adobe Captivate, Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Virtual PC, Microsoft Visio 2003-2007, Microsoft Project 2003-2007
- Responsible for 2nd level helpdesk support for Faculty and Staff at various Confidential sites around the world. The L2 position’s duty is to handle all issues that L1 cannot solve before escalating to higher groups. Daily duties include Printer Setup, SharePoint Site Creation and Access, Application Support, Operating System support, Active Directory Permissions and OU Mapping, Redirected Desktop support, Remote support for Work from Home users and more. For a three month period, I was the sole point of contact for Kaplan’s European locations, dealing primarily with England, Ireland and Scotland, during this period I worked from home full time. This position was started under contract through Eventus Group, after 3 months I was hired on as a full time employee.
- Specific support included Windows XP Professional, Genesys Toolbar, Call Pilot Voicemail, Nortel IP Phones, Nortel i2050 IP Soft phone, Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007, Adobe Acrobat Reader/Standard/Professional V7- V9, Microsoft SharePoint, Juniper Net screen 5GT configuration and troubleshooting, Roaming profiles/ Redirected Desktop, MS Active Directory, Quest Active Roles, Symantec Ghost imaging, Microsoft Live Communicator 2005 and 2007, Citrix ICA Client V9-V10, and Postini. Also supported various internal Kaplan sites such as Orion, Customer Care, and CRMand Campus Vue. Remote support with Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection, SMS, GoToAssist, GoToAssist Express Beta. A complete list of supported applications is available upon request.
Coral Springs, FL
Remote Support Technician with Network Administration
- Responsible for a broad range of IT support for several clients in the Fort Lauderdale, Fl Metro area, mainly the Hippocrates Institute in West Palm Beach, Florida (www.hippocratesinst.org). In this particular role, I was the only IT employee on the campus and handled all support of this facility from Server Administration to the most basic Desktop Support. On the days that I did not work at the Hippocrates Institute, I traveled around the south Florida area to support other Confidential clients including TekPartners and Environing (www.envirolinegroup.com).
- Specific Support included Network Administration and Desk side Support of a Windows 2003 Server and Windows XP/Vista network. Limited iMac and Apple OSX support, also supported Sonic wall Wireless access points, Firebox Watch guard Firewall, various Cisco Switches, Sophos Antivirus, MS Exchange 2003 Server Administration, APC Scheduled Network Shutdown configuration, Symantec Ghost imaging, monitoring Network Backups using Asgira DS Utility, VERITAS, Remote Support using PPTP VPN and MS Remote Desktop Support and VNC. Also supported Sage MAS90, ACT, Milano, PC Charge, MS Office 2003 and 2007, Outlook 2003 and 2007, Dell Power Edge servers, Optiplex desktops, Vostro laptops.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Remote Support Specialist
- Responsible for supporting medical laboratory facilities across North and Central Florida. My duties included desktop support, DSL/Cable Modem/Broadband Installations, Data Interface Installations, and Remote VPN Installations, File and Print server maintenance and administration. Other duties included maintaining various pieces of Medical Equipment such as Microscopes and High Definition Cameras, as well as critical systems such as Medical Dictation systems, Proprietary Dermatology and Pathology Laboratory Information Systems and assistance in Billing and LIS Application development.
- Specific support included Windows XP/2000/2003 Environment, Active Directory, Apple OSX Tiger, Winsurge V1.0 - V4.x, Atlis/Unix Interfaces, Meditech, Nortel Contivity V 4.6 - V6.07, Cisco VPN, Dell GX270,280,620,745 Desktops and D600,610,620,630 Laptops, IBM ThinkPad Laptops, Microsoft Office 1997,2000,2003, 2007, and XP, Bart PE, Symantec Ghost, Symantec and McAfee Antivirus, Lanier VXP Dictation Systems, IDX 3.0 and 9.0. I created and maintained printer queues on various print serves, added and removed file and folder permissions on both the user and group level, performed maintenance and repair work on various models of HP, Ricoh, Brother and Lexmark Laser printers, assisted in the planning, wiring and construction of networks on new sites. I was also responsible for surveying and installing new equipment, Data Interfaces (Nortel), Remote Printers, Remote LIS Access and FTP Servers for new client offices around North Florida.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
PC Support Specialist
- L1/L2 PC Support and Help Desk. Duties included Imaging PC's with a Symantec Ghost imaging system, support and deployment of new and newly imaged PC's, Network printing setup using mainly HP Jet Direct 500X print servers, Installing and configuring Novell Print Clients, and supporting various applications such as Office 2000/XP/2003 Professional, Adobe Creative Suite, Windows Vista Build 5270 Beta Test, Servicing and Repairing Dell workstations and Laptops from the Dimension, Inspiron, and Optiplex model lineup.
- Novell Netware 5 and Client 4.91 Sp1 based network. Support included Netware Admin, Novell Console One, Zen works 6.5 GroupWise 6.5, Look@Lan, Net X-ray, Real VNC, E-CET, I-Print Client, NDPS, Cisco 2600 Routers, Cisco 2650 Fiber Switches, Dell Power stack 3348 switches, Client Side Firewall and Proxy configuration, Blackberry troubleshooting.
L2 Technical Analyst
- L2 Help Desk/ Call Center/Desktop support for a large scale Healthcare Environment. This includes 7 Major Hospital Systems and all of their subsidiaries
- Extensive support of both computer hardware related problems, and also over 300 Programs and Applications in a Windows 95, 98, 2000 Professional, XP Professional and Novell Client 4.81 environment. Remote access experience with Novell Zen-Works 6.5, Symantec PC Anywhere, Symantec Ghost and Altiris. Support of MS Office Professional 1997, 2000, and XP/2003 including MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, and Outlook Express 6
- Extensive support of Medical Information Systems, including SMS/ Invision, Siemens Mainframe Interface, Meditech, and Quadramed