To work in dynamic, professional and enterprising environment this will provide me with the potential for advancement and increased IT skills, decision - making responsibilities through consistent learning under the business and IT leaders.TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Operating Systems: Windows, NT, 2000, and Novell 4.X, 5.X; familiarity with Linux, UNIX, and Apple.
- Experience with HP, Dell, ZT, Foxconn, Super Micro, SGI etc.
- Applications: Microsoft Office Suite Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint AND Active Directory…
- Hardware: Compaq servers, IBM servers, HP servers, Gateway servers, building custom PC’s, Net screen firewall, Cisco routers, hubs, switches, voicemail, phone switches, RAID, SAN, X86 Architecture, SCSI...
- MISC. Skills : TCP/IP Suite, IPv4, IPv6, Knowledge of Various LAN and WAN Technologies, Sub netting…
- Racking & stacking gear, cable management (Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards), hot & cold aisle containment etc.
- Cabling: Ethernet, Single and Multi-Mode Fiber Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards, CX4, ca5e, Cat 6…
- Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs…
Confidential, Mclean, VA
Technical Support Specialist / Data Center Technician
- Phone and ticket support.
- Performance Management/Troubleshooting.
- New Account Setups, RMAs/inventory assistance and Data Center facility work such as racking & stacking gear, cable management (Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards), hot & cold aisle containment etc.
- RAID, SAN, x86 Architecture, SCSI etc.
- Boot Process GRUB/LILO, File Systems Network device and protocol configuration, and Directory Structure.
- Base Operating System Install, Scripting: Perl, Python, Bash
- Monitoring and troubleshooting UNIX, Linux, BSD and NT servers and network.
- Troubleshooter and resolved desktop support issues.
Comcast, Washington, DC
- Connects customers’ home video entertainment equipment, including, but not limited to, “picture-in-a-picture,” home theater, surround sound and more.
- Explain to customers how equipment is used in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Installing, upgrading and troubleshooting internet, phone and video issue.
- Installing and upgrading cabling system (fiber, ca5e, Cat 6…)
Confidential, Springfield, VA
- Represented the company at site meetings.
- Installing and troubleshooting all electrical issues.
- Upgrading and installing system software.
Confidential Springfield, VA
- Assisted supervisor with special projects.
- Providing a good customer service by greeting customer and educating customer to the product and how to install and repair it.
- Troubleshooting and resolving desktop support issues.
- Maintained the up to date operating procedures inside the IT department.
- Created user accounts and managed access control of desktop and Network applications.