Employment as a IT support technician, or part of a technical support team working utilizing the latest in hardware and software technology.SUMMARY
I am a quality - focused IT professional with more than seven years of experience with systems administration as well as software and hardware support. Proven ability to create and deliver solutions that meet or exceed the corporate objectives tied to business and technology performance while staying within budget. I am comfortable working with a team or on my own operating a wide range of platforms and environments. I have excellent communication and diagnostic skills with the ability to describe complex processes in easy-to-understand terms for end users, along with being able to consistently solve problems with minimal escalation. Proactive self motivated professional, known to initiate process and system improvements increasing system stability and productivity.CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Purchasing, Installation, Repairing, Maintaining.
- New & Emerging Technologies
- Testing & Troubleshooting
- Application Administration
- Systems & Network Upgrades
- Windows Platforms
- Systems Integration/Migration
- User Training & Support Tools
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Problem Identification/Analysis
- Network Connectivity Issues
- Client Needs Fulfillment
- Business Process Optimization
Windows /9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, Mobile, Microsoft Office 97/2000/2003/2007/2010 , Active Directory, Symantec Anti Virus, McAfee Anti Virus, AS400, Adobe, Delorme, Bart PE, GHOST, VPN, Remote Desktop, PC Anywhere, VNC, NetMeeting, Remotely Anywhere, Logmein.com, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Dameware, Track-it, Remedy, Star, ACIS, PACS, Citrix
Confidential, Lexmark, Cisco, IBM compatible PCs, workstations/laptops, Ethernet & Token Ring Protocols, Wired/Wireless Routers, Hubs, Switches, Servers, Mother Boards, Video & Sound Cards, Monitors, CD-ROM Drives, Memory Chips, RAID-1/ RAID-0/IDE/EIDE/SCSI Hard Drives & other devices, SCSI Controller Cards, Tape Backup Drives, Optical Drives, Scanners, Printers, Cell phone activation, maintenance, monitoring.
Field Service Technician Confidential
- Part of a nationwide rollout upgrading the Confidential stores in Confidential by installing new point of sale registers, controllers and upgrading the servers.
- Worked with a team to convert computers to virtual desktops
- Replaced computers with zero clients.
- Re-imaged or uninstalled software on older computers then redistributed and replaced where needed.
Desktop Support Specialist II Confidential, AR
Help Desk support for Confidential Chemical Demilitarization Facility contracted through URS and Spherion.
- Provided over the phone, remote and hands on technical support for over 200 end users.
- Active Directory, including setting up and removing user profiles.
- Network support and configuration.
- Printer setup and repair.
- Break Fix repair for laptops, desktops, monitors and other peripherals.
- Cell phone setup, configuration, repair and replacement..
Technical Support Specialist Little Rock, AR
Help Desk support for Confidential Hospital contracted through Confidential International. Their IT Department was in the process of consolidating to one location. I was hired during the transition as a contractor until the new office was fully operational.
- Tier 1 technical support.
Technical Support Specialist Little Rock, AR
Help Desk support for Confidential Shield contracted through Confidential .
- Tier 1 and 2 technical support.
Technical Support Specialist II Little Rock, AR
Help Desk support contracted through Computer Aid, sub-contracted to V Group out of New Jersey.
- Worked within a team doing a domain migration of over 100 offices state wide using remote desktop.
- Over the phone and remote Tier 1 and 2 technical support.
System and Network Administrator Little Rock, AR
- Configuration and Management - Configured and managed the IT Department and Network Infrastructure for two production facilities from the day the ground was broken to fully operational.
- Ordered and setup all computers, network equipment, and peripherals.
- Supported Active Directory, Windows, MS Office 2003 and 2007, and Network.
- Setup and managed the cell phone contracts for over 100 employees.
Field Service Technician and Manager Little Rock, AR
Confidential repair technician contracted through Confidential.
- Consulting and Support - Onsite repairs, trouble shooting and installation of Confidential computers, printers, copiers, servers, and point of sale machines.
- Customer services, working directly with the end client repairing their equipment.
- Managed several employees which included distributing work tickets and ensuring was up to date.
- Contacting the customer to inform them that a technician would be calling them to schedule time to repair their equipment.
Upgraded wireless system for Confidential stores in Confidential contracted through Confidential based out of Columbus, OH.
- Backing up reinstalling data for the barcode readers and scales.
- Installing new access points, switches and servers.
System Administrator Little Rock, AR
- Systems Upgrade - Dramatically Improved end user system down time from an average of 2 weeks to less than 1 hour by upgrading and cloning end user systems to 1 uniform computer and having spare systems on hand.
- Transferred and monitored cell phones from one provider to another for over 200 employees; negotiated a pool contract encompassing all employees resulting in a direct cost savings of over $3000.00 a month.
- Added new users and provided access to databases through Active Directory.
- Responded to system hardware/software error messages, storage and hardware configuration problems.
Technical Support Specialist, Sherwood, AR
- Customer Support & Satisfaction - High level of customer satisfaction and problem resolution, with majority of calls being resolved within company’s 10-minute requirement.
- Provided after hours support for Network, Help Desk and NT Client/Server environments.
- Over the phone Tier 1 and 2 technical support for several hundred businesses nationwide.