True hands - on Technology Support Manager with over 20 years experience supporting Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop environments. Supporting design, implementation, configuration, administration, migration, helpdesk services, maintenance, compliance and documentation services.SKILLS
- OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows Server through 2012, Windows desktop through Win 7 Pro, in both workgroup and domain environments, MAC OSX and Novell NetWare through version 6.5.
- HARDWARE: Wintel based servers, desktops and laptops. Cisco and Dell switches and routers, Cisco and Avaya IP telephony servers, Dell and IBM servers, workstations, Dell Power Vault disk storage subsystems, Sonic Firewalls, and MAC OS based desktops and laptops. Blackberry, iPhone and Samsung smart phones. Kyocera, Mita, Toshiba and Xerox large scale printer and scanning systems.
- SOFTWARE/APPLICATIONS: MS Exchange Server through 2012, MS Office Suite through 2013, MS Project, Symantec End Point Protection Enterprise, Symantec Backup Exec through 2012, Microsoft SMS, VPN through SonicWall, ACT CRM, Ghost Enterprise, Remedy Service Desk, Blackberry Enterprise Manager, Cisco Call Manager, Zenith Tech SAAZ, Connectwise, MS Project, MS Visio, Bloomberg, Trade Station, Fidessa, Reuters, QuickBooks, IM and Pivot, MS Power Shell, Office 365 and all mainstream desktop applications.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Confidential - New York, NY
Provide level III desktop, server, printing, telephony, network infrastructure and application installation, configuration, administration and support services to several small to medium sized hedge funds and attorneys comprising 55 servers and 285 users. Manage all new user setups, MAC’s and Active Directory management.
- Installation and support services for trading applications such as Bloomberg, Reuters, Trade Station and Fidessa.
- Manage and provide support for all the necessary services needed to comply with SEC and FINRA regulations pertaining to system documentation, system security, file level security, document and message retention and retrieval compliance and asset management and disposal.
- Manage and provide all services needed for office build-outs, relocations, mergers, remote office setups, site to site VPN’s and remote desktop access.
- Utilization of remote systems monitoring and connection tools for Desktop / File / Mail / Blackberry / Archival server status dashboards, patch management, remote maintenance and help desk ticketing.
- White glove technology support for C level executives.
- Migration of clients from local and hosted Exchange environments to Office 365 cloud based Exchange and Blackberry services.
- Management of local and cloud based (Office 365) Exchange and Blackberry Enterprise servers.
- Managed and performed the migration of all XP desktops to Windows 7 for multiple clients.
- Preparation and demonstrations of products and services to owners and partners of new, cost saving technologies, obtaining consensus, arranging licensing, and installation of products.
- PC and server lifecycle schedules and strategies as well as asset inventory management.
Confidential - Norwalk, CT
Office Technology and Helpdesk Manager
Provide technology services to office leadership and client facing, consultants, analysts and end users. Managed daily operations of IT including AD, helpdesk, infrastructure, file server performance, file/print/backup services, application distribution, server patch management, desktop support, technology asset management and business continuity planning and testing.
- Managed all daily IT operations for 180 user CT office and 200 user World Trade Center office.
- Mentored local helpdesk staff, three full time technicians, in career development, customer service and teamwork, providing stretch assignments for their advancement. Provided career development tracks for each direct report.
- Led local Office Server Consolidation and Managed Desktop Implementation - installed hardware and software, coordinated rollouts with national teams and managed local resources. Provided expertise in building over 300 applications and beta testing their distribution via Microsoft SMS to remote offices. Managed SMS distributions for the Northeast Unit. Provided appropriate weekly reports to upper management through project completion.
- Led the team that developed the standard XP managed desktop images used for deployment in the US and UK.
- Managed multiple teams to integrate employees acquired through mergers into the local office environment with minimal disruption. Converted their mail access from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange / Outlook while preserving all user data and legacy Notes integrated applications.
- Led the team the developed the Northeast Unit’s Business and IT continuity and recovery procedures.
- Set up and managed the first formal local Helpdesk. Set SLA’s and defined the staff deliverables. These metrics were later used in the creation of the centralized Global Service Desk. Developed a method to capture and search a problem/resolution knowledgebase. Developed quarterly surveys to track and analyze trends, identify opportunities for improvement, and overall user satisfaction per SLAs.
- Managed all technical aspects for a 180 person office relocation, including data / voice wiring infrastructure, electrical and cooling requirements, server room build out and associated vendor management.
Technology/ Helpdesk Manager, New York, Confidential,
Managed Local Area Network operations. Managed the local Helpdesk personnel that provided server and end user support for the Finance, Accounting and HR divisions within the office. Assisted administrative and consulting staff in applying new technologies to improve their workflow and provided support and solutions for new software integration.
- Reduced Helpdesk service calls by 30% and improved IT customer service within the office within the first three months on site as evidenced by all-employee survey results provided to leadership. Reduction achieved primarily through better and consistent deployment of patches and applications.
- Managed the local helpdesk staff’s (2 full time and 1 part time) activities and career development.
- Repaired relationship with office leaders that suffered from previous Office Technology Manager’s neglect.
- Installed and configured all new Cisco LAN Switches including gigabit fiber connections between floors. Replaced old and redundant Novell file and print servers with Microsoft OS servers resulting in better performance through capacity planning and lower costs by the merging of legacy servers.
- Identified and corrected multiple server, desktop, application and personnel issues that impacted user ability to productively use technology.
- Led the World Trade Center user recovery efforts of the server, desktop and email environments after the events of 9/11/01.