Experienced IT professional who is highly motivated and works well in a team oriented environment as well as individually. Enjoys a challenge and is a fast learner with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Very organized and detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven team leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, hard working individual
- Exceptional technical and problem solving skills
- Works well with a team as well as individually
- Outstanding people skills
Desktop Support II, Dahlgren, VA
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues to diagnose issue and recommend solutions.
- Utilize Remedy helpdesk software to create tickets for the end user and assign to appropriate support group.
- Troubleshoot system and user problems.
- Assist with training new staff on systems used.
- Document work performed and assist with creating SOP’s
- Process firewall modification requests and port activation requests.
- Monitor classified and unclassified network activity and notify appropriate support groups in the event of an outage.
Internet Services Administration
Information Technology Specialist 3
Confidential, Albany, NY
OUF Online Claiming Project: Assisted with the creation and implementation of the online search for unclaimed funds for the State of New York. Throughout the project lifecycle I worked closely with web application developers implementing and testing the stability of their web applications.
Load Testing: Utilized HP Loadrunner to test the stability of web applications to determine their ability to maintain a determined amount of users at one time. Coordinated meetings with customers to gather requirements for the load testing process and provided accurate analysis of the results in a timely manner.
- Installed, configured and administered web application servers according to customers’ needs.
- Ability to research and troubleshoot issues as they occurred to quickly find an effective solution and prevent down time.
- Designed and provided technical training documentation to users
Desktop Support Unit
Information Technology Specialist 2
Confidential, Albany, NY
Team Lead for Internet Explorer Upgrade Project: Led project team and worked closely with members of other IT departments to thoroughly test all web applications to ensure compatibility with browser upgrade. Created custom installation and deployed to over 1,800 end users.
Software Testing: Coordinated research, planning, testing and deployment of new software products throughout the agency. Conducted research of requirements and completed testing to resolve compatibility issues. Created and maintained approved software database to ensure its accuracy.
Desktop/Laptop Image Creation: Responsible for building standard and customized images for all PC’s and laptops agency wide. Responsible for maintaining integrity of all images by performing software updates and installation upgrades to stay current with constantly changing environment.
Software Delivery/Remote Control: Utilized Wise Package Studio and Windows installer to package software. Utilized software delivery tool to maintain software in a centralized location and pushed installations and upgrades to customers.
LAN Administrator: Coordinated return and distribution of equipment to the customers. In charge of keeping customers up to date with changes that would directly impact them. Maintained accurate and up to date documentation for customers.
- Provided excellent customer service and technical expertise to research and resolve hardware and software related issues to prevent and minimize down time for the customer.
- Created and maintained thorough and accurate instructional documentation for end users as well as members of the team