further my career in the computer networking industry, with an ideal position in the administration, upkeep and maintenance of workstations, servers and networks.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Determined and committed to a career in Computer Networking
- Strong reputation for dependability
- Skilled in explaining technical details to computer users
- Strong in analyzing and troubleshooting computer and network issues
- Thrive on researching challenging IT issues
- Able to deal with a multitude of tasks
- Sharp ability to diagnose network issues
- Keen ability to diagnose and repair virus and spyware problems
Representative Skills and Accomplishments:
- Instructed employees on the use of Microsoft and office related software products, including the newer Office 2007, Adobe packages and Open Office
- Created web based instruction guides on the installation and configuration of Windows operating systems
- Built a set of instructions for setting up IBM iSeries Client Access for VPN and printer use.
- Experienced in the setup and deployment of various MS operating systems (desktop and server), ranging from MS - DOS, through Windows 3.11/95/98/NT/ME/2000/2003/Vista
- Experienced in the use of Symantec Ghost to back up and restore PCs and servers to a former state. Also used Ghost in conjunction with Sysprep to deploy standardized images of PC desktop/workstations, laptops and servers across the enterprise. Able to set up and deploy over 60 PCs in one new office over one weekend with only minor configurations needed.
- Experienced in the diagnosis, repair and construction of various forms of computers and their hardware components
- Deployed and serviced various Apple computers, OS versions 7 through X
- Installed and configured various Linux distributions, from Red Hat, SuSE, Ubuntu and more.
- Developed Excel spreadsheet to organize inventory and generate reports
- Designed and successfully implemented home and business server-based networks
- Test hardware and software options for various vendors, from simple new USB key devices, to routing platforms
- Maintain a small home based wired and wireless hybrid Windows 2000/2003/Linux network domain for testing and personal use
- Configured various forms of wired and wireless networking with security options
- Deployed, tested and maintained various server based anti-virus solutions from Symantec, Network Associates, Trend Micro, AVG
- Worked directly with various hardware and software vendors, from HP, IBM, Microsoft, Blackberry, Cognos and more to resolve issues
- Constructed a mid-sized computer training lab with network connectivity
- Awarded Columbia Greene Community College Student Employee of the Year Award, 2003
- Achieved Academic Honors: Dean‘s list, President‘s list and completed Honor‘s projects successfully
Senior Helpdesk Analyst/Windows Server Administrator
Administer the enterprise anti-virus solution, Lotus Domino server, Active Directory user database, Windows Update Server, Cognos BI as well as the Blackberry Enterprise server. Prepare and update the corporate desktop/workstation-class and laptop images for deployment to end users. Configure and manage Windows 2003 servers on the network in conjunction with the other administrators. Administer and manage the back-office application user and security databases. Configure, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot the network printers within the enterprise. Install, configure and troubleshoot the desktop applications for end users, including MS Office 2003/2007, Adobe Acrobat and misc. specialized applications. Troubleshoot day-to-day issues with the applications, hardware and network (LAN and WAN based) connectivity.
Full time computer Helpdesk Analyst for an international investment and trading firm. Assist staff with technical issues for PCs, installation and set up of computers, and related equipment across the world. Applications supported range from various market data services and back-office applications to Lotus Notes, MS Office, Adobe and other mainstream applications. Also assist network and server group with solving issues for the end users over LAN/WAN and VPN connections.
Part time consultant for small computer and networking business in the Mid-Hudson Valley area. Assist staff with technical details of planning and setup of home and business networks, including hardware, software and operating system purchasing, configuration and setup.
Responsibilities:Assist customers with proprietary company software issues over the phone, and try to resolve them. Assist 1st level technicians who call to try to help them resolve an issue before the call gets staged to a 2nd level assistant. Software installation assistance is either over network for a server/client based use, or as a standalone PC/Server package. Server - based is used on both Microsoft and Novell based peer-to-peer or dedicated server networks. Issues also include printing errors, Windows error diagnosis, as well as other 3rd party software interaction and conflicts.
Network Administrator/PC Specialist
Managing, maintaining, installation and configuration of the PCs, printers, network devices, servers at the two main buildings and 20 remote sites. Maintained the Active Directory based domain, as well as configured the users security options. Managed and maintained the Microsoft 2003 Exchange server for the business email service. Updated and cleaned PCs and servers using a corporate anti-virus solution, as well as removal of spyware and other invasive issues. Diagnosed and repaired network and remote VPN issues, as well as planning a new wiring structure to upgrade the existing wired network. Configured and mapped the internal wireless network for the main building. Helped set up a training lab for the staff and helped also in the instruction of staff in the use of their desktop programs. Helped set up an intranet web based knowledge base. Tested various software and hardware from outside vendors for the corporate IT staff to use.
Internet Helpdesk Assistant
Assisted customers with setting up internet connections, as well as configuring browser and email programs. Helped them with other internet connection issues such as problems with spyware and virus removal. Promoted to Level 1 Technician to help to train new Helpdesk technicians in the company as more services and internet providers were taken on. Helped to configure and troubleshoot broadband access users with any of their DSL or cable modem services. Helped business users with special services such as static IP addresses, domains, subnets and internal network configurations on request.
Assisted the Helpdesk Coordinator and Network admin in their duties, helping staff with their desktop software issues. I was also responsible for helping to maintain, upgrade and install PCs and Apple computers in the college for all departments on the campus. I helped diagnose network and connection issues, as well as any virus or spyware issues.
Academic Support Assistant
Assisted Academic Support staff by looking after the Academic Support area computers and assisting both staff and students in their use of the PCs and Apple computers in the department.
Computer Aided Design Technician
Responsibilities:Digitizing staff surveys into CAD maps for the power and communication cable layouts though residential and rural areas. Maintained a database of completed map surveys for the department, as well as training new interns in the use of the programs and their use.