- Desktop Support and help desk network technologist with experience with several global enterprises.
- Experienced Supervisor of Technical personnel.
- Proficient with MS Office 2000, 2003, TCP/IP, Windows NT, 2000, XP Professional, Vista. Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to handle multiple projects and work requests simultaneously.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Access database administrator for the company's database used to manage their data on which the company managed their billing and reporting data. Also worked closely with outside developer to make major enhancements to the Access database.
- Administered the CoreXpand website that hosted the different redemption stores.
- Administered the Campaign Monitor website that was used to email our redemption certificates to clients.
- Created documentation of the data processing procedures, procedures for working remotely and Microsoft Office applications.
Confidential, Richmond, VAResponsibilities:
- Configured and installed software for user’s desktops and laptops. Involved in the installation and rollout of new software packages, upgrades, and new desktop hardware.
- Re - imaged desktop and laptop computers. Remove hard drives and replaced with imaged hard drives. Maintained desktop software and hardware, and tested and ensured applications were correctly installed and configured on the computer.
- Troubleshoot problems using scripts and checklists as a guide using the highest level of technical support
- Displayed ability to manage tasks and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Responsible for installing COTS products, In-House applications, product optimizing, installation of and configuration of network printers, scanners and other PC peripherals.
- Supported LAN infrastructure including routers, switches, hubs and scanners, as well as Avaya IP Office PBX phone systems, voicemail and programming.
- On-site installations and rollout for Bank of America in the conversion from Lotus Notes to Outlook email software including resolutions of problems resulting from that conversion.
- Worked with Andrews Customized Software (ACS) as their project lead in a successful attempt to win a programming contract with the VCU Medical Center. As the project lead I represented ACS in project status updates, procedural questions, documentation and training on the software program and any troubleshooting that might be required. In addition to project lead, I became adept in programming Visual Basic and contributed much to the database program.
IT Specialist - Desk Side Support
Confidential, Richmond, VirginiaResponsibilities:
- Served as team member on Avaya/Lucent Technology national contract. My geographical responsibility consisted of the area of Virginia from Danville, VA through Virginia Beach, VA and south of the Metro DC area. I was responsible for interfacing all levels, including upper management, regarding their computer needs.
- Provided support for users and troubleshooting issues relating to hardware, software and network connectivity problems.
- Connection and configuration of peripherals like Printers, hubs, print servers etc.
- Provided immediate computer repair support for users and, when required, replaced desktop computers. Also, when necessary Installed computer hardware such as hard drives, NIC cards, sound cards, and power supplies.
- Deliver PC’s to end user's desk and go through delivery checklist to verify all necessary applications were configured and operational.
- Picked up and returned old PC equipment to designated area and prepare for disposal.