- Most recently I was a part of a three member, team responsible for reviewing and auditing of annual telecommunication expenses specific
- Accounts routinely reviewed which consisted of inventory with POTS lines, data circuits of various speeds (DSL, DS0, T1 and above). Reviewed circuit inventory listed under Sonet/Optical rings against established contract.
- I was able, to produce cost savings in excess, of 200K in one year. Worked with accounting department on approval of all types of Telecom vendor invoices for validity.
- When necessary, opened billing disputes and followed through to resolution using Oracle based software for research of historical invoices.
- Previous responsibilities included project implementation which included processing of various order types for data circuits (New, adds, disconnects and migrations) of various speeds DS0 and above.
- Scheduling of inside wire vendor when necessary.
- Also, I worked, extensively with project managers and network engineers on Telecom projects where service enhancements were planned consisting of multiple connect points.
- Also, was assigned to work with in house developers on new provisioning system as SME at first, QA testing and provided training for end users. Maintained as part of a team support documentation for all users of programs.
- Technical support experience working with customers on use of software program as well as troubleshooting both hardware and network issues.
- Previous work experience included working with a national Cable TV operator working in customer service in billing, service orders and then as a field engineer. Finally as a computer operator on an IBM main frame processing various daily reports and month end financials. Possess necessary skills to provide excellent customer service both internally and externally to the organization.
- Experienced in General PC skills, proficient in the use of internal software suites used for various types of projects. Currently working day to day with MS Word, Excel, Visio and other MS products.
- Attended MS Access, provided my company.
- Attended a company sponsored “Introduction to Networking” course.
- Attended 2, day course for Fundamentals of Successful Project Management.
- Attended 1, day course for Managing Multiple Projects, Objectives and Deadlines.
- Previous work experience operating IBM mainframe.
Supervisor Maintenance & Operations
- Initially I started out as an operator where I drove any of the 20 established routes, special routes and charters. Advanced to Supervisory position responsible for staging 70 bus fleet for next day regular operations.
- Supervisor of ten employees providing late evening service for Auburn University students.
Senior Business Analyst
- Telecommunication Expenses - Responsible for all domestic related telecommunication invoices, charges, audits and contract adherence in order, to meet or exceed budget goals each year set by the company.
- Project Implementation - Responsible for various types of projects from point of request through to completion.
- Software Development - Provided support to developers to create a software program intended to track and maintain various network assets.
- Provided back up support for internal software programs.
- Worked with vendors on various projects which included purchase of services and/or procurement of hardware if necessary.
- Worked with network engineers within the organization who were responsible for various projects to assist with on time delivery.
- Developed and maintained tracking system for Cisco routers removed from the field in order, to realize cost savings on the annual maintenance contracts.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) providimg assistance, with developing BAU processes and procedures, leading to internal software enhancements. This would require working with developers and to communicate changes, propose additions and/or deletions to the existing software. Assisted with Q/C testing as well.
- Point of Contact working with to other departments for network migration projects, in order, to meet companywide initiatives.
- Team member helping to audit network connections that could be removed in order, to reduce the annual expenses and reach cost savings goals.
- Responsible for managing all business as usual projects, in the USA and Canada from the beginning to implementation.
Technical Support Consultant
- First level point of contact for both software and hardware related issues.
- Initial contact regarding Network issues, and escalate if unable to resolve, to our Network Operations center.
- Proficient with operational formats for internal software program