- I am a hard - working Cable Technician who is motivated by the challenges and the demands of the job.
- I have a vast Fiber and Copper installation and maintenance background in both inside and outside plant.
- My experience includes providing communication services in varied environments around the world.
- Physically install and maintain inside/outside copper and fiber cable plant distribution systems such as manholes, hand holes, towers, poles, pedestals, demarcation boxes, conduit and comm closets
- Maintain and reference industry standards including ANSI, EIA/TIA and local and NEC’s
- Accurately test copper and fiber optic cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment such as Fluke Networks DTX Cable Analyzer, TS100 and various OTDR's
- Expert at terminating and installing shielded and unshielded COAX, CAT5e and CAT6 connectors and singlemode and multimode fiber connectors
- Determine closet and equipment layouts and install closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels, cable trays, Panduit and cable enclosures
- Perform site surveys, read and use blueprints and floor plan and conduct visual site inspections
- Install entrance facility grounding infrastructure and perform grounding tests
- Perform cable splices for buried, underground and aerial copper and optical fiber (mechanical and fusion)
- Serve as a liaison between office and field, communicating all information that is not classified as confidential
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, documenting test results and as-builts, completing safety reports, maintaining log books and CSIR's using the AutoCAD program
- Develop project plan including required materials, deliver schedules, completion schedules, manpower requirements and tool/equipment lists.
Fiber Optic Technician
- This was a 6 month Inside Plant position. My responsibilities include installing fiber optic back bone links for vital satellite communications systems for Joint Forces and Intelligence Commands.
- These vital systems include NIPR, SIPR and voice communications.
- Within the six month contract period I have terminated, spliced and tested over 2,000 SM/MM fiber connectors using various techniques such as epoxy, hotmelt, crimp and prepolished.
Confidential, Salt Lake City, Utah
Cable Infrastructure Installer
- This contract required support for the Intelligence Community’s massive state of the art facility. I worked on a 5 man team that installed bays, racks and equipment, underfloor cable management systems, overhead cable trays and all required C and H ground tapping.
- I also installed and interconnected 75% of the required CAT6, fiber optic and ground cables to over 12,000sq ft. of the facility.
- Upon completion, I had advanced and broadened my skill level and delivered a fully labeled, tested and functional communications backbone on schedule.
Inside/Outside Cable Plant Technician
- As a DOD contractor I successfully installed, maintained and engineered approximately 100 miles of base cable plant owned by Joint Forces in Kirkuk, Iraq with only a two man team.
- I assisted in the installation of over 400,000ft of fiber optic and copper core cabling to deliver maximum interoperability and support of international communications systems.
- I provided in-depth site surveys and reported directly to Comm commanders. As the base dig permit representative, I marked, located, and updated cable records.
- I operated heavy equipment such as the rock wheel, ditch witch, backhoe, forklift, excavator, bobcat, boring drill, and jackhammer.
- I developed a successful training program that educated Iraqi Forces the proper techniques to install, splice, test, troubleshoot and maintain both copper and fiber optic cables using locators, OTDR's, toner/talk sets, amplifiers, TDR's, fusion splicer's, ohm meters, and hand tools.
Confidential, Geismar, LA
Confidential, Baton Rouge, LA