- Results - producing Information Technology Professional with an exceptional track record of optimizing desktop technology within highly complex environments.
- Reliable, flexible, and adaptable with a high level of comprehension that lends itself to a very short learning curve. Innovative, creative, and resourceful in discovering or designing solutions, easily adapting to and applying new technology.
- Proactive, with outstanding leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Superior analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities.
- Able to work independently or as part of a collaborative team. Comfortable with technical and non-technical individuals on all levels of an organization.
Applications: Microsoft SCCM Administrator, Windows Deployment Services, WAIK, and MDT, Active Directory, Group Policy Manager, MS SCCM, Citrix XenApp, Xen Desktop, VMware vSphere
Operating Systems: MS Windows, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012
Software: Adobe Acrobat, Reader, Microsoft Office Suite 2010, 2013, Lync, Internet Explorer, Nuance PDF, EMS, iManage Filesite Document Management System, Litera Metadact-e, LexisNexis InterAction, Modzilla Firefox, WYSE Device Manager (WDM)
Enterprise Applications Engineer
- Contribute to optimized business-critical technology by engineering desktop computing platforms and productivity software, and interoperability between various enterprise applications and the desktop operating system; includes ensuring high-availability of applications and operating systems.
- Serve as system center configuration manager (SCCM) administrator; work with multi-tier server-based enterprise application systems and tools utilized to configure and deploy operating systems and applications to end-users; configure and test desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
- Define and document best practices, processes, and procedures related to desktop support, software distribution, and desktop management.
- Manage a secure desktop environment and support data security projects and tasks; ensure up-to-date virus and spyware protection in collaboration with the team.
- Deploy, maintain, and update hardware and software; test new applications prior to releasing into the production environment.
- Identify and contribute to resolving areas for improvement; includes implementing new features after researching, evaluating, and proposing solutions.
- Determine solutions for issues related to desktop and application configuration; communicate with end users to gain a clear understanding of the issues and to troubleshoot; collaborate with vendors as needed for resolution.
- Generate reports as needed for senior management.
- Track and close escalated call incidents.
- Stay abreast of desktop technology, security trends, and best practices.
Enterprise Applications Engineer
- Facilitate increased knowledge among information system (IS) technicians and engineers by training and mentoring on identifying and gaining a clear understanding of troubleshooting, and resolving desktop and application configuration issues.
- Improved efficiency and productivity related to image development by implementing a method to retain a record of changes; created a change log and procedures for imaging desktops, laptops, and WYSE terminals.
- Enabled a more efficient workspace for end-users by recommending the use of dual monitors.
- Provided a centralized location for application installation files by creating a file storage system.
Solution Center Analyst
- Supported 1,000+ users across the United States and in 2 European nations via telephone or face-to-face; installed, configured, and maintained workstations within a Windows NT environment.
- Determined efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing and proposed systems by testing and evaluating software and by reading technical literature to verify meeting firm requirements.
- Ensured smooth operations with mobile devices by issuing, configuring, and troubleshooting Blackberry, iPhone, Android, and iPad devices; employed Active Sync.
- Trained users on existing software.
- Reduced costs and time by implementing WYSE terminal imaging utilizing USB fobs instead of a dedicated server.
- Ensured rapid and consistent troubleshooting and resolution by creating procedural documents for the department.
- Contributed to team building and morale by organizing away-from-work outings.
- Played a key role in smooth technology operations by serving as SCCM administrator; installed SCCM clients to all machines, deployed applications using SCCM 2010, supported the design, installation, and execution of desktop management systems, and configured and tested equipment.
- Tested new applications prior to release into the production environment, designed and maintained workstation and laptop images, resolved Tier 2 and 3 support desk tickets, and partnered with vendors as needed to address platform or application issues.
- Ensured computers were updated with virus and spyware definitions and patches in collaboration with the team, stayed abreast of available workstation operating system security fixes and patches, and reviewed, tested, and deployed security-related updates.
- Maintained Group Policy, Citrix remote access desktop, and an additional applications farm.
- Developed scripts for use across the firm using batch files and PowerShell.
- Employed Altiris for deployment of packaged applications.
- Additional responsibilities included creating reports for management and users, training the department team, and working with other teams on initiatives and projects.
- Significantly improved efficiency by developing installation processes for workstations using ManageSoft, Microsoft standard installer technology (MSI), and other virtual streaming technologies.
- Defined and documented best practices, processes, and procedures on desktop support, software distribution, and desktop management.
- Proactively furnished recommendations on desktop architecture improvements, on utilizing WYSE devices for document reviews instead of computers, and championed the hiring of a dedicated IT specialist for Practice Support to work with the unique needs of the users.
Support Services Technician
- Provided on-site or telephone support to 1,500+ users in the United States, Europe, and Asia; included configuring, installing, and maintaining workstations, testing and evaluating software, training users, and issuing and troubleshooting mobile devices and tablets.
- Facilitated enterprise-wide consistency by defining and implementing procedures for application testing.
- Developed quality assurance standards for desktop and laptop imaging.