- Performance driven IT professional experienced in IT support, troubleshooting, and customer service to drive improvements in operations and processes.
- Recognized strengths in problem solving, staff support, and planning/implementing proactive procedures and systems to avoid problems and resolve issues.
- Maintains up to date IT skills and industry knowledge.
- Proven track record of success in managing, configuring, and supporting business hardware and networks as well as end - user software and desktop applications.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Mac 0SX, Mac OS 8.6, Mac 0S9, Solaris, UNIX, AIX, Linux, Sun OS, OS/2, FreeBSD, DOS, Novell 2.15, Novell 3.5, Novell 4.0, Novell 4.1, Novell 5.0, Novell 5.5, Exchange 5.5Protocols Networking Protocols TCP/IP protocol stack, UDP, IPv4-IPv6. Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, RIP, IS-IS). Security & Authentication Protocols (EAP, EAPOL, IPSec, IKE, RADIUS, DIAMETER). Mobile IP protocols (MIPv4, PMIPv6, DSMIPv6). Bridging/Switching & 802.x protocols knowledge, (MPLS, STP, RSTP, 802.1x, 802.3). DNS, DHCP, VPN and other Application level protocols (FTP, TFTP, SFTP, SIP, VOIP concepts etc.).
Software Applications: MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Novell, VMW are, Norton, Utilities, Ghost, Adobe, Symantec PC Anywhere, McAfee
Desktop Support Engineer
- Setup, installed, configured, and maintained hardware and soft file system journaling of MAC OS, Window machines, and Android IOS Mobile Devices Migration. Deployed require, providing high quality technical support. Collaborated with employees, managers, and fellow personnel on key issues and implementing projects.
- Recognized as a creative problem solver and go-to for solving technology issues and enhancing performance.
- Reduced costs and enhanced operational performance of desktop team through creating alternative methods of completing tasks and correcting user errors and system inconsistencies.
- Effectively handled increased workload and call volumes across multiple departments in different time zones, providing fast and effective technical support.
- Provided excellent, courteous customer service and ensured quality throughout operations.
- Installed Operating Systems (OS) for laptop and desktop systems using an Imagine process. Resolved issues with Mac OS after effective troubleshooting Linux, and hardware and OS installations.
- Diagnosed and resolved unique problems associated with application software and operating systems. Performed root cause analysis, debugged, and resolved issues. Classified issues by level, priority, and nature.
- Resolves or escalate alerts to appropriate tiers or lead.
- Added network printers to systems in Windows 7 and deployed VOIP desk phones. Configured cell phones and tablets for distribution and recovered hardware from terminations. Troubleshooting Window 10 and configuration.
- Oversaw user account creation, password resets, and basic network troubleshooting. Troubleshot desktop computer/network problems for business and administrative computers.
- Actively monitoring a queue based internal ticketing application of production web servers, back end support systems and database on multiple operating systems office 0365.
- Documents all server and network problems and other unusual events in details.
Help Desk Technician
- Improved business practices through the creation and implementation of measurement tools. Researched, uncovered, and corrected inefficiencies within company.
- Reduced costs and saved time through technology and integration.
- Provided exceptional support and escalation for end users and educated users on applications.
- Successfully performed network monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Improved performance through training and mentoring staff.
- Diagnosed, troubleshot, and resolved hardware, software, and server issues.
- Handled inventory control and asset management including leased equipment.
- Ensured highest levels of confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
- Remain up to date on the latest technologies and solutions applications to company products.
- Served as a liaison and communication with teams, vendors and client to resolve network outages and periods of reduced performance.
- Administered company servers, to ensure optimal performance and achieve unique needs.
- Provided ongoing helpdesk/desktop, server, and network support.
- Customized network, added new applications and programs as required.
- Collaborated with and supported development, systems integration, and security groups.
- Managed escalated calls, so as to ensure timely resolution on issues.
- Oversaw and ensure the network and application are properly functional.