- A Senior Desktop Support Analyst with experience providing technical support to customers and successfully resolving their issues.
- Exceptional academic qualifications including the receipt of my training in Planning and Managing Windows 7 Deployment, Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database, Symantec Backup Exec 10.x for Windows Administration, and Cisco IP Telephony, an A+ Certification and over 10 years of hands - on industry experience.
- Strong expertise in the support of network systems to drive company growth and technical innovation.
- Proficient in determining system requirements and resolving technical issues quickly.
- Extremely logical, well-organized and result-oriented with excellent technical and communication skills. Able to lead and motivate teams.
- Knowledgeably maintained and administered Cisco PIX Firewalls and Switches.
- Implemented Kronos Terminal Programming and Administration.
- Monitored server hardware and reported Issues to solutions vendors or consultants.
- Knowledgeable with network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, NetBIOS and VPN connectivity.
- Advanced knowledge of LAN, WAN, VLAN network administration, Group Policy, and Active Directory.
- Expert in Cisco IP Cisco Unified Communications hardware configuration and Unity Voice Mail.
- Effectively deployed and utilized migration software such as Ghost Enterprise and SCCM.
- Provide support to end users in a fast-paced Windows Active Directory environment.
- Beta tested software and actively participated in processes regarding operating systems and software.
- Experience in managing troubleshooting ticket system and coordinating helpdesk request system and procedures.
- Skilled at providing technical support and explaining technical terms/instructions in layman’s terms that non-technical customers can easily understand.
Networking: Cisco PIX Firewall Administration, Remote User Support, LAN & VPN/Remote Connectivity, TCP/IP, Firewalls, DHCP, DDNS, Sub netting, Port forwarding.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, Mac os X/Snow Leopard/Lion, Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Windows Active Directory, SQL Server 2008, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft IIS Server, Android, iOS, Linux.
Hardware: IBM PC Compatibles, Macintosh PC, Monitors, Laptops, Printers, Firewalls, Routers, Modems, Switches, Dell Servers and storage, Sonicwall appliances, APC Enterprise Products, Cisco Routers and Switches.
Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite 5.5/6, Visual Studios, Eclipse, Visio 2010, Exchange Server 2007-2010.
Diagnostics: Backup Exec Administration, Malware removal, Viruses removal, Backup & Recovery.
Confidential, Chino Hills CA
Desktop Technician Level 2
- First and Second level Technical support for headquarters corporate office.
- Configure and deploy Mac OS x and Windows 7 Laptops and PC’s.
- Bilingual technical support with international manufacturing plant (Mexico).
- Provide assistance with Mac OS X Active Directory integration.
- Advise and resolved any Apple Mac OS X technical connectivity issues.
- Assist with Helpdesk Ticket Management and Ticket Assignment.
- Collaborate with the Windows Team for Office 365 deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting.
IT Service Desktop Technician Level 2Responsibilities:
- Implemented 150 desktop migrations with Clonezilla through multiple stores within two weeks.
- Installed new 30 Wi-Fi hot spots thought our Distribution Center part of a major hardware upgrade project.
- Utilized remote software for immediate assistance traveled throughout various Southern California locations for hardware implementation and support.
- Managed and implements RF gun confirmations for 150 new RF Motorola Symbol RF guns.
- Effectively implemented new printer configurations for ticket printing and new report creating for new inventory warehouse system.
- Integrated client systems with servers and centralized applications.
- Documented incidents and projects in management systems.
Confidential, Rialto, CA
Senior Desktop Support AnalystResponsibilities:
- Expertly provide Level I & II technical support for the main west coast distribution facility.
- Knowledgeably provide on-site analysis, identification, and resolution of difficult desktop problems for end users.
- Effectively delegate helpdesk request tickets and follow up on a timely resolution for all work orders as needed.
- Routinely organize, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end user workstations, hardware and software to ensure equipment remains fully operational.
- Successfully manage numerous major computer project deployments within this facility that included selecting, coordinating and purchasing hardware.
- Skillfully support AS/400 Warehouse Management System, AS/400 printer configurations, and I series ODBC configurations for custom report deployments.
- Professionally train and mentor technical support staff in company policies, procedures and helpdesk guidelines.
- Efficiently manage and plan major computer project deployments and collaborate with vendors for equipment.
- Constantly diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
Senior Desktop Support TechnicianResponsibilities:
- Collaborated with the Information Management Systems and Services (IMSS) team to provide daily support for computer help request and account related issues.
- Cross-collaborated with internal IT departments to perform new computer installations and purchases.
- Utilized remote software for immediate assistance and scheduled appointments as requested for computer support.
- Utilized Altiris to manage and deploy software within the managed computer enterprise.
- Effectively implemented Windows 7 configurations, deployments, and performed data transfers.
Confidential, Burbank, CA
Desktop Support TechnicianResponsibilities:
- Intelligently provided first level support for helpdesk request and documented procedures for helpdesk knowledge base.
- Independently created computer system images for deployments and managed and collected various system PC images with Symantec Ghost Deployment software for future re-deployments.
- Administered Blackberry server and blackberry request as needed.
- Maintained and supported Apple OS 9 Legacy application for proprietary software for post-pro movie timing software.
- Configured and deployed Windows 7 and legacy application testing.
- Skillfully monitored and managed over 1200 computers running Windows XP and Windows 7.
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Configured and maintained Windows Servers 2003 and Window 7 Workstations for Confidential Corporate.
- Knowledgeably provided technical assistance to WNC first staff and assisted with network access, printing, and application software operation.
- Independently configured and supported Windows XP/7, Active Directory, W2K, Vista, and MS Office Suite.
- Professionally provide IP phone support and maintenance that included adding new users and maintaining phone agents.
- Configured Blackberry Smartphone’s, I-phones, Android, window based phones, and provided remote desktop support to telecommuting clients.
- Expertly assisted with the administration of network servers and over 500 workstations that spanned 3 locations.
- Constantly performed routine maintenance and user file backups.
- Configured network servers and trained local administrators on standard network server procedures, including virus protection and other security measures.
- Maintained and administered computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Diligently performed data backups and disaster recovery operations.