- 12 yrs experience in IT
- 8 yrs experience as a Business Systems Analyst
- A+ certified
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience working as Information Systems specialist with proven leadership skills along with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Apply in - depth understanding of business and IT requirements to streamline administration and internal processes, resulting in enhanced automation and operational efficiency
- Maintain a strong knowledge of Novell NOS and Microsoft Windows 2000,XP,7, & Vista .
- Familiar with the Symantec Ghost deployment product
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to grasp multiple business flow processes and technical concepts.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and takes initiative to learn new skills and enhance overall knowledge
- Able to relate to people at all levels of business and management.
- Demonstrated proficient understanding of project management methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively present to the target audience
- Excellent work ethic
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
SYSTEMS LIASON S PECIALIST
- Produced detailed instructions on installation and trouble all software applications used by Confidential
- Implemented a software integration process where the back office accounting system sent multiple holdings for over 40 accounts to a file shared directory and uploaded to the factset application via a macro enabling the portfolio managers to check their portfolios on a daily basis
- Primary administrator for the custodian reporting system handling user account setup and troubleshooting errors associated with various internet browsers
- Primary Administrator for all system and business analysis related to the trade life cycle process at Confidential Including
- Maintained Delivery Instructions for depository accounts, portfolios and brokers internal vs. external codes to enable STP delivery to our custodian for Confidential Group of Funds trading
- Account setup and closure maintenance in the modeling and trade order management system
- Verified the data integrity of the trade order management system and reconciliation overnight batch process in preparation for stock market trading
- Research, Identify and resolved any problems with created orders and trade executions. Enhanced process by including error checking procedures to reduce errors
- Collaborate with business with issues involving trades pending, SEC Fee changes and trade settlement
- Developed batch code to transmit executed trades via FTP to the accounting system
- Customized holdings and transaction reports in our accounting system for data integrity research and audits.
- Managed the daily transmission and receipt of data files from custodial banks, pricing services and portfolio system vendors.
- Successfully provided exemplary tier 1, 2 & 3 desktop and remote support to all levels of senior management.
- Developed, implemented and monitored operational procedures to facilitate accurate and timely processing and report production
- Produced recovery documents for our back office operations area that detailed the recovery process in case of a single point of failure during the overnight batch process which posted transactions to our back office accounting systems totaling millions of dollars.
- TieTitjfkd;ljfkl;jklfdjklajklfdkjlInvolved Tier 1 & 2 support for migration from Novell Groupwise 7 to Outlook 2010
- Coordinated all aspects of migration from office 2000 to office 2007 verifying forward and backwards compatibility issues with over 30 industry and proprietary applications
- Fielded on average 30 calls per day andProvided technical and system liaison support to all levels of Senior Management on application errors and functionality questions
- Successfully upgraded 100 Windows 2000 professional workstations to Windows XP
- Ensured best practices are applied and integrity of data is maintained through security and access control, documentation, and change management
- Responsible for overseeing an automated process to run daily for a fixed income analytical application to update holdings in portfolios, security index data updates for portfolio managers to perform what if simulations.
- Designed and provided Tier 3 support for the Windows Server 2000 AD network infrastructure for Allied Investment Advisors
- Installed, configured, maintained and supported WinNT, Win2000, Win2003 Server, and SQL Server 2000 environment.
- Successfully migrated over 100 end users into new Windows 2000 AD structure from NT4 domain.
- Administrator of Windows 2000/2003 AD and client OS installations
- Managed all installation, configuration, monitoring, and performance issues concerning the back office servers. experienced with Confidential, HP, Dell and WINTEL servers.
- Installed and Configured VMWare ESX servers as part of an effort to consolidate our network infrastructure and provide testing for DR
- Experience supporting Citrix and Citrix hosted applications
- Performed periodic IT audit reviews and coordinated with senior business management to improve the process workflow
- Maintained access control for the portfolio management systems by performing network and application administrative tasks for Confidential
- Configured HP, Dell, Sony & Confidential laptops for wireless networking, remote VPN support and mobile communication devices( i.e. PDA, blackberry, IPhones & IPAD).
- Responsible for coordinating with information security and external vendors all changes to the network infrastructure, e.g. server patches, router upgrades, OS patches
- Responsible for deploying hardware for over 100 users during migration from Windows95 to 200 0 using Symantec Ghost
- Supported desktop client server PM system applications as well as maintain enhancements and version control.
- Provided desktop support Handled system tape backups. Manage the back office and servers that support primary communications via FTP.
- Performed maintenance on HP and Xerox printers.
Business Systems Analyst
- Converted business requirements into functional specifications and functional designs on small to medium scope projects meeting target dates and budget.
- Bloomberg Hardware Integration the initial scope of the project included streaming media integration, video conferencing capabilities, hardware performance compatibility and excel macro functionality
- Detailed project planning with the integration of the SSCNet applications new release which provided added functionality to the cross referencing of securities, optimizing the broker settlement instructions, and coordination of administrative responsibility through documentation.
- Implementation of integrating instant messaging with the equity trading desk to allow them to communicate with third party brokers, maintain a competitive edge in the marketplace and improve the overall trade lifecycle process.
- Managed the life cycle of a project, including project scoping, planning, requirements definition, issues resolution, testing, training and implementation.
- Developing user acceptance testing scripts for our trade order management system compliance rules project that encompassed weighted target rules, short sales, security classification, industry limit rules & portfolio guideline restriction rules. This project involved re-programming the compliance rules with vbscript logic, performing test trades in a test environment, recording results for multiple scenarios and Querying the SQL 2000 database for quality assurance
- Held a leader ship role in the requirements gathering, testing and coordination for the streaming media internet accessproject that was essential for the business to perform market research by quarter end. The completion of this project enabled the investment advisors to perform critical job functionality essential to the business.
- Participated in planning and implementing new polices and procedures that improved the performance and effectiveness of the business. Responsible for updating the master documentation for business continuity support and knowledge transfer
- Made recommendations for our back office accounting system of record for the separation of brokers used by the equity traders and fixed income traders that eliminated confusion during the market hours and improved user functionality of the accounting system
- Produced the recovery documents for our complex trade order entry systems that had various components that were connected via a sophisticated FTP process between multiple systems. The trade files were industry standard file format definitions associated with fixed and equity trades feeding our custodian systems.
- Provided consultation and knowledge transfer services to technicians and bank departments on basic to intricate functions of supporting proprietary applications
- Instructed technicians and department heads on best practices integrating a cost effective technology solutions
- Instrumental in the project planning and implementation of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCP & DRP) Plans for Confidential
- Responsible for troubleshooting complex queries in SQL 2000 for data analysis and extraction to other analytical systems within Confidential
- Problems associated with market value discrepancies, NULL field values, formatting issues with source data being loaded via DTS packages.
- Querying data from database for ad-hoc reporting associated with audits and data integrity.
- Performed quality assurance and testing of SQL server environment
- Verified data originating from multiple sources was loaded into the database for client reporting purposes
- Monitored SQL logs to ensure backups and maintenance plans ran without errors
- Inspected, Interpreted and executed stored procedures, views, and advanced SQL Queries to research accounting and performance issues within the reconciliation, trade order management, and client reporting databases to determine the most efficient resolution
- Work with business stakeholders, application developers, and production teams and across functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution options and recommended efficiency improvements
- Responsible for gathering financial data from multiple sources to load into our client reporting database that generates unique individual client statements and slide presentations for portfolio client meetings
- Troubleshoot application-related statement generation errors and statement component issues where unexpected values were obtained that requires coordination with vendor, Confidential group and operations to resolve issue
Confidential, Fredrick, MD
Desktop Support Engineer
- Built Confidential laptops and Confidential desktops from Intrashield.
- Successfully migrated 200 users from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 Professional.
- Handled pre-migration, post support and helpdesk using Vantive Tracking systems.
- Responsible for desktop support including installation of Microsoft applications and proprietary software.
- Setup user accounts, RAS accounts, e-mail accounts and printers.
- Experienced with Citrix.
- Deployed desktops and inventory tracking.
Confidential, Riesterstown, MD
Helpdesk Support Representative
- Maintained APTC and STC site operations over NT 4.0 and Novell 3.12 network.
- Handled ISDN troubleshooting and created trouble tickets for data tracking.
- Installed proprietary software.
- Provided 2nd level phone support for clients nationwide.
Confidential, St. Petersburg, FL
- Managed data processing of order forms through Support Magic, ensured data accuracy.
- Researched cases for the Reuter's rollout and upgrades.
- Created trouble tickets and filed them in numerical order.
Confidential, Clearwater, FL
- Implemented solutions for trouble tickets while on site and processed them through Support Magic.
- Responsible for Symantecs Ghost Imaging and configuring Confidential, Confidential and Confidential equipment.
- Tracked inventory to ensure Y2K compliance.
Confidential, Beltsville, MD
Helpdesk Support Representative
- Provided support and troubleshooting for both the end users and dealers of Confidential products.
- Trained helpdesk staff in PC and software usage as well as telephone communications.
- Dispatched calls, follow-up and created cases.
- Proficient in cc:Mail, Clarify, Fast Call and MS Office.
- Maintained high profile contracts for major accounts and invested in Confidential point of sale products.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Network Support Engineer
- Maintained user accounts and operations of Novell network.
- Installed and configured servers and Novell clients.
- Implemented and upgraded new software and hardware products.
- Monitored network security and optimized file servers.
- Maintained Netware print servers, queues and printers on a daily basis.